Old 01-22-2003, 02:58 PM   #21
unregistered
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by hobinator
haha, you should've asked them if you could preorder your ticket, thats funny
I did

They said not until sometime in November

I'm old Gandalf. I know I don't look it, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart. I feel...thin, sort of...stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.
I need a holiday, a very long holiday, and I don't expect
I shall return. In fact, I mean not to.-Biblo Baggins
unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 04:02 PM   #22
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

Okay the 17th. Now I can start counting down. Thats uh... too many days to count. Oh well. Ha ha you called the movie theater and asked for tickets already lol. That reminds me of something my friend and I did... The theater had lotr popcorn buckets and we asked if we could buy the bucket and not the popcorn... the lady had to go call the manager. Then I felt bad becuase we didn't buy it afterall.. It was going to be $6 for a cardboard bucket!!!
Old 01-22-2003, 04:16 PM   #23
unregistered
Enting

Goodness how much was it with popcorn in it??

I'm old Gandalf. I know I don't look it, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart. I feel...thin, sort of...stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:20 PM   #24
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

$6. But we didn't want the popcorn because it was a cardboard bucket and the butter would ruin it.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:31 PM   #25
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

the 17th. in the rotk pics thread theres a website with a pic of aragorn and the release date under it. the really stupid thing that says underneath is the war will be won december 17th. yeah. it gives away the whole movie.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:20 PM   #26
hobinator
Enting

Here is an image that reminds me of unregistered, haha
hobinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 05:56 PM   #27
unregistered
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by hobinator
Here is an image that reminds me of unregistered, haha
lol thats good, I like it

I'm not that hard core tho I won't wait in line, just get them on the internet
Sminty and I plan to go to the midnight showing

Old 01-22-2003, 08:53 PM   #28
hobinator
Enting

lol, yea i dont believe anybody is gonna be waitin in line for that long, although i did have to wait in line for TTT for 1 1/2 hours, but it was worth it, i also plan to see RotK at midnight, its more fun then
hobinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 11:54 PM   #29
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Yeah the midnights shows kick ass! I went to the midnight shows for both FotR and for TTT
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 01:59 PM   #30
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Gandalf

i want to go to the midnight show of return of the king! That would be really neat! I went to the first show after my school let out on Dec. 18 for TTT. And I saw FotR the first weekend it was open on... (i had a violin concert on Dec 19 2001)

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 04:58 PM   #31
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

I really hope I get to go to a midnight showing for ROTK. I haven't ever been to one! I didn't for FOTR because I wasn't into LOTR then. And then for TTT exams interfered. I hope exams don't interfere next year, I'd really like to go to one.
Old 01-26-2003, 04:58 PM   #32
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

I really hope I get to go to a midnight showing for ROTK. I haven't ever been to one! I didn't for FOTR because I wasn't into LOTR then. And then for TTT exams interfered. I hope exams don't interfere next year, I'd really like to go to one.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:16 AM   #33
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

I haven't seen any movie at a midnight showing. I think I'll fall asleep or something at ROTK... wouldn't put it past me heh

I didn't stand in line for TTT.... internet ticket ordering rocks. I did have difficulties ordering tickets though heh, here was some frustrating machine on the movie theatre phone and fandango was bein wicked lol
Old 02-13-2003, 08:20 PM   #34
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
I didn't stand in line for TTT.... internet ticket ordering rocks. I did have difficulties ordering tickets though heh, here was some frustrating machine on the movie theatre phone and fandango was bein wicked lol
lol, same with me, advanced tickets rule! I had problems with ordering them too, the internet wasn't allowing the advanced tickets for the midnight shows, so I had to call in and the damn menu kept going to the wrong dates, lol
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:47 AM   #35
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

Quote:
Originally posted by Sylvee Estel
Okay the 17th. Now I can start counting down. Thats uh... too many days to count. Oh well. Ha ha you called the movie theater and asked for tickets already lol. That reminds me of something my friend and I did... The theater had lotr popcorn buckets and we asked if we could buy the bucket and not the popcorn... the lady had to go call the manager. Then I felt bad becuase we didn't buy it afterall.. It was going to be $6 for a cardboard bucket!!!
I did that too! I already have 2 LotR pop corn buckets (these kinds are plastic) and the theater was selling LotR popcorn BAGS so I asked if I could buy one without popcorn in it and they wouldn't let me.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:51 AM   #36
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

I have heard that it won't be realised until summer of 2004!! But I also heard that it will be realised on December 17. I hope it comes out on the 17 instead of the summer!!!!!
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 01:44 PM   #37
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

My dad bought tickets online for me and my 3 friends, fortunetly (for me- not for him) He clicked on the 'buy' button twice, so we had 8 tickets! My friend Kate and I wan't to go to school in trenchcoats and try to sell them at lunch. In the end we just gave them to our other friends! Twas very fun!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:17 AM   #38
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
Sam Gamgee

wow. i'm excited to see that my thread got that many responses. But, we went right after school. The theater was packed. It was fun times. I wanted to cry. It was beautiful. .........haha. good times.