Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2000, 09:32 PM   #21
IronParrot

Re: Getting to Know You...

Oh, blues form I can already do to some extent... but thanks for the tips, TOR.
Old 06-02-2000, 12:30 AM   #22
Darth Tater

I'm a lumber jack and I'm ok
I sleep all night and I work all day.
Old 01-10-2001, 06:01 AM   #23
Elanor

I didn't see this before but was having fun going through the old old threads. Well, here's some stuff about me...

My name is Rebekah, I'm 20 years old, and I go to Brigham Young University. I am an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons; the official website is www.lds.org) and this is a big part of my life. I am the second of seven children (ages 21, 20, 18, 15, 14, 11, and 10) and have two wonderful parents. My family lives in Portland, Oregon, except for me (most of the year--but I still am from there) and my older sister, who is a missionary in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have no boyfriends right now, and I live in an apartment with 4 very nice other girls. I am very shy in person but not so much in writing. I am almost 5'10", have bluish-green eyes and dark blond hair, and zits.

I'm a sophomore and currently my major is Botany but I'm applying for the Illustration major, and I want to illustrate books and magazines. I love to read, listen to classical music, go on the internet, draw, paint, babysit, read, and read. I read at least 3 books a week if possible, sometimes vastly more. My favorite books/authors are Tolkien, Les Miserables, Shakespeare, the scriptures (for me this includes the Bible (KJV), the Book of Mormon, the Pearl of Great Price, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the words of modern prophets), and many others. I also like poetry. I play the cello well (but just for fun), a little piano and violin, and I love to sing. I'm not good at sports (but I like to play soccer and basketball) and I don't like shopping. My favorite foods are oranges and cheese.
Old 01-10-2001, 07:05 AM   #24
Johnny Lurker

You know me by my words. I have an informal affiliation with the Big Metal Bird (TM). That's about it.
Old 01-10-2001, 03:04 PM   #25
Miralys

Well let's see. My name is Jackie. I'm 19 and a sophmore at Stetson University in DeLand FL. I am majoring in American Studies and minoring in Chemistry/Biology. (still undecided on the minor) I plan to attend law school after Stetson provided I can find some way to finance it My goal is to eventually work in the DA's office.

In my spare time I like to play hockey, shoot competitively and make an occasional appearance at the gym. I am a voracious reader. It seems to me like there are too many books in the world to get through them all, and that's even after you filter out the smut. My favorite things to read however are Tolkein, CS Lewis, Marion Zimmer Bradley and Kahil Gibran. I also enjoy reading about history and popular culture.

I like movies and music as well. Particular favorites are Monty Python, MST3K, Star Wars,Guns and Roses and Aerosmith. Another thing you should know is that I have amassed a HUGE collection. Mostly science fiction memoribilia (books, magazines, posters, action figures etc). It takes up almost an entire room.
Old 01-12-2001, 06:53 PM   #26
SilvaRanger

This is me well, it was last time I looked, yep still me.
I guess I'm a dreamer really, always wandering around with my head in the clouds, kinda hard when you're only 5 foot tall I love to go out to the country and walk in the woods with my Dogs, and imagine that trees are Ents, or I'm adventuring with Aragorn. To be by the sea and watch waves crash against the shore is heaven too.
I have two Border Terriers who fill my life with joy, to me dogs are far nicer than humans. I hope to get another puppy in a few months, Border Terriers are so cute as puppies, dear little black noses, adorable.
Nearly everything interests me to some degree, main interests are, Computers and computer games, mainly strategy and RPG. At the moment I am trying to learn how to make my own website, so I'm studying HTML, computer books make me want to cry or tear my hair out sometimes Also photography, writing poems when I am "inspired",and Tolkien of course.
Also enjoy talking to people on the net, why else would I be on this board
I think startrek is one of the best tv shows ever made, in all it's incarnations, except DS9. I grew up watching it and it has had a huge inflluence.
Every spring I get wildly enthusiastic about gardening, I garden organically, no yucky chemicals, and love to see birds and insects come to my garden.
My dream is to travel and see many different places, preferably somewhere a bit warmer, as I am froze at moment. As Winnie the Pooh put it how cold my toes, tiddly pom.
Like most folks here I dont follow any religion, though many eastern religions interest me alot.My dream is to see a world where there is no more hatred or war, also one where we stop polluting the environement. And thats about it.
Oh yeah and if I could I'd like to make my own wood for all the animals and birds, and know that it'd still be there many years after I'm gone.

Old 01-12-2001, 09:40 PM   #27
dunedain lady

Let's see...
I'm a junior in high school. I love reading, especially fantasy, science fiction, and some historical fiction. I adore anything having to do with drama; I'm in my school's forensics team, which is acting and public speaking and proffessional insanity :lol: I adore cats, capybaras, tarantulas, and other soft fuzzy critters. I play the violin, am learning the Irish fiddle, and am also learning the tin whistle. Umm... I love physics class but will not touch algebra with a ten foot pole! I'm in German and am learning bits of French and smidgons of Welsh and Gaelic from a friend. As to religion, I'm an athiest, but am quite willing to be converted by anyone with sufficient proof. I spend most of my time walking around with my head in the clouds or my nose in a book, and as a result have absolutely NO sense of direction! I'm currently helping my mom log my great-grandfather's genealogy notes, and have traced back my ancestors an obscenely long way I hope to become a vet, though there are lots of other stuff that interests me.
I guess that's about all.
Oh, and I'm trying to become an exchange student to Germany next year.
Old 01-13-2001, 06:41 AM   #28
Elbreth of Carhouth

Hoom, hoom. Very interesting, very intersting indeed, nice to meet you all. No, no, the pleasure is all mine. Methinks I shall add to this.

My name is Beth, I'm what the silly American's call a senior, and the rest of society simply call "grade 12". I'll be 18 in a few months, May 7th actually.
I'm a dreamer, one of my nicknames is MysticDreamweaver... I love to write, though as of yet have had nothing published. I do have some publishers interested in my work however, and a novel that will soon be finished.
I love the outdoors, camping especially, and hiking. The past is one of my great passions, I love history in any form.
Drama is big, had I decided to go through with my initial plan of only going through Stratford School of the Arts, I might have had a chance at being in Star Wars: Episode 3. Accents are really fun, I've managed to fool people into thinking I'm a foreign exchange student before. Favourites are Scottish and Austrailian.
I always have at least 3 books that I'm in the middle of reading, Tolkien, CS Lewis, George MacDonald, and the Millar brothers. They are the creators of Myst and Riven, and the new Myst 3: Exile. I love languages, even if they arent real. I'm not quite fluent in French, learning Spanish, and slowly but surely translating the Tengwar and D'ni.
I play the clarinet, and the piano, and I love to sing. My dad is a preacher, and I lead the music at our church.
My plans for life is to become a History/English/Drama teacher, and author as well. Maybe the odd stage production for fun.

Now that I've bored you all to death, who's next?
Old 01-13-2001, 11:01 PM   #29
X Rogue

I'm 29 and have two kids and a husband(ok, three kids ) and a sleepy collie dog named Bo. I want a history/secondary ed degree so I can teach. and I'm working on lining my house with books. I read almost everything (including cereal boxes and alas, newspapers lol), but I love Tolkien. Hello, everybody!
Old 01-14-2001, 06:06 PM   #30
Gilthalion

I am an old hobbit in danger of curmudgeonhood. I fear that Mordor is winning...

[c] ~~~[/c]

My religious/political notions could best be classified as Christian Libertarian.

[c] ~~~[/c]

I am currently investing more time in a long researched (long procrastinated) project in backyard, urban farming.

A nice little "circle of life" can be turned with a garden that feeds rabbits, whose manure feeds worms, which feed fish, and all of which in turn feed the garden!

It looks good on paper...

If it works, I figure it will be a great help to poor folk around the world. I'll also try to mix in low cost solar power, etc.

[c] ~~~[/c]

I need to get back to work on a Tolkien fan novel, THE HOBBITS.

January is half over, and I've not done this month's Tolkien Reading!

[c] ~~~[/c]