Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 12:45 AM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I just don't get this...

Can someone explain to me what exactly is going on in this forum? lol I just don't understand it!!! Is this RPG in the sense of online games or games in general, or are you making up threads and pretending that the thread is the medium to act through an RPG? I am so lost!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 02-09-2003, 04:49 AM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Each thread here is a rolyplaying game or a thread connected with a RPG. Those who start the thread usually gives a short description of what game they are going to play: a quest for this or that item, a fight with evil or something of that nature. Then other players can join with a character of their own. Post by post they write the story of how their characters interact and how the story progresses. Sometimes the threadstarter steers the game from time to time in the direction he wants it to take or sometimes the game is left to take whatever course it will. Since this is a messageboard, playing goes slower than -I suspect- in online RPG's, because you have to wait for others to post and sometimes there can be days between posts.

I hope this answers your question.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:27 PM   #3
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Indeed it does, thanks! I was wondering cuz I see people talking about their characters and I was like, wtf where do I find these characters to have! lol
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 02-09-2003, 01:46 PM   #4
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Very well, then I'm going to close this thread now. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.