-seeing Anakin embrace the Vader persona
-Death Star construction, <fingers crossed>
-Jedi fight scenes
-battles of the Clone War
Old 07-31-2002, 02:07 PM   #22
glasses
Enting

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Count Dooku
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up! See this? *This* is my BOOMSTICK! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. YOU GOT THAT?

Our early attempts for a tractor beam went through several preparations. Preparations A through G were a complete failure. But now, ladies and gentlemen, we finally have a working tractor beam, which we shall call...Preparation H.
glasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 03:43 AM   #23
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Anakin = evil. Sweet.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 09:59 PM   #24
Llark silverwolf
Banned

jedi getting wiped out will be cool like mace windu and plo koon and the rest of them all getting killed by ani yoda goin into hiding obi wan to all will be cool gonna be awesome lotsa wars lol and lotsa gore of jedis wooot woot
Llark silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 02:47 PM   #25
Nibs
Head Hollara

About that disitegrator, Wayfarer... have you seen the new game, Jedi Outcast? Well, it has a weapon that you charge up for awhile, blast someone, and they kind of just disappear, beginning with the contact area, and it spreads from there. I'd imagine that's what the disintegrator would do, with some ashes left around to blow away in the wind.

Besides, in the books, Boba Fett was known to bring back video images of the bounty's death, rather than the bounty... I'd like to see it in action, too.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:53 PM   #26
Misty Mountain Goat
Hobbit

To shed a little light on the Boba aiming at chewy then vader stopping him possibly because c3po was on his back. anyway maybe
Misty Mountain Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:39 PM   #27
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

That's a popular explanation, and I like it, but nobody can realistically claim that it was originally intended that way...

The whole volcano bit actually originates from an early draft of Return of the Jedi, where the Luke-Vader-Emperor scenes took place not on board the Death Star, but on the volcanic capitol world of Had Abbadon. After this idea was excised, it snuck its way into the ROTJ novelization as an anecdotal explanation of the final duel between Anakin and Kenobi that's alluded to in the original Star Wars.

That's why a lot of people who read the novelization (and thus also thought Obi-Wan and Owen Lars were brothers, an old idea from Lucas that was ditched when he worked on Episode II and came up with a better way to bring Owen into the story) think that the final duel will be over a molten pit. It may well be over a molten pit simply because Lucas has probably envisioned this for a long time now, ever since he took it out of Return of the Jedi. On the other hand, it might not. I don't really care either way as long as dramatically speaking, it's done effectively.

I think there will need to be some kind of explanation as to why Yoda doesn't stay behind and fight the newly risen Darth Vader...

Needless to say, there will be some kind of rematch with Dooku. But I'm betting on Anakin for the kill.

As for the Jedi being wiped out, I don't think we'll see all of that in the movie. I wouldn't even be surprised if very little of that was in at all. The reason is that one can still claim that the purge of the Jedi was a gradual process that took place in the twenty-year-gap between Episodes III and IV, which would make more sense, because Darth Vader probably doesn't rise until near the end of the film.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 08:08 PM   #28
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I'm really hoping that in the next move it shows Padmé die. That's largely because I think it would really be annoying for her to be there in Episode III, as a main character, and then in Episode IV's start out she is presumed dead, either of sickness or old age. That would be utterly lame.

I actually think, Ironparrot, that it will be showing quite a bit of the destruction of the Jedi. That's simply because it would also feel a bit lame to have all of those people and that whole religion simply disappear. There has to be a visual reason for it in the viewer's mind, for the same reason as Padmé has to be seen dead.

These things I'm posting here largely simply because I'm a little worried about them. I am, of course, strongly looking forward to all of the other things, like Anakin's succumbing to the Dark Side and the collapse of the Republic.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 11:47 PM   #29
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I think it would be a bit redundant to just show duel after duel of Vader wiping out Jedi.

The major characters dying or running away - Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan in a way - is a good enough indication that the Jedi Order is collapsing. What I don't want is a montage like near the end of Tombstone where Wyatt Earp just hunts down one nameless guy after the other... would not be very effective dramatically. Besides, right near the beginning of Episode IV, you get an explanation - Obi-Wan saying, "Vader hunted down and destroyed the Jedi," among other references.

Anakin would have to turn to the Dark Side fairly early in the film for a lot of his anti-Jedi campaign to be shown. This doesn't do much in terms of building up to a final climax, as we are... fairly sure... that he doesn't have the suit on yet when he fights Obi-Wan.

As for Padmé dying onscreen... well, that had better be at least somewhat consistent of Leia's vague memories of her mother dying when she was very young. I do agree in this case that she can't simply disappear, because she isn't even mentioned until Return of the Jedi.

Remember, none of the individual episodes cover particularly expansive timeframes.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 12:32 AM   #30
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

To show the destruction of the Jedi, you don't have to show hundreds of separate duels with nameless people. And it doesn't have to be only the main characters who die. In the Attack of the Clones, you get an idea of how you can wipe out the Jedi. Thousands of robots and advanced technology. The Emperor and Anakin could be the head of it, with perhaps a few individual fights, in the midst of a battle. They don't have to show all of their deaths, even. Some could still be alive, but I think that there should be some mass destruction of Jedi in Episode III.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 10:27 PM   #31
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

sweet. so most of the jedi get killed off? i wonder what they do with their lightsabers? i wanna play with one of those.

looking forward to anakin goin crazy, and jarjar and padme dying. yessssssssssss.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:56 AM   #32
elendili
Elven Warrior

I may be being blonde here but in rotj at the end the emperor says so "only now at the end do you understand" after he'd zapped him with lightning so does that mean that sidious will do that a bit to make him angry, hateful etc.

Quote:
looking forward to anakin goin crazy, and jarjar and padme dying. yessssssssssss.
lookin forward to anakin goin pschotic too but Jar Jar dying must take priority

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell