Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-11-2002, 08:32 PM   #1
gdl96
the greg the admin

Anybody else seeing TTT on Thursday, December 19?

Due to a lengthy holiday concert I am performing in with the band and the history test I have the following day, I will not be able to see Two Towers on Wednesday, and I am forced to wait until Thursday.

Anybody else not able to see TTT on opening day?
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 09:23 PM   #2
Nibs
Head Hollara

Funny you should mention that... I'm not seeing either The Two Towers or The Return of the King until I return from my mission for my church in El Salvador. I'll be somewhat media-free for two years, and that (especially) includes movies. There are exceptions, but I don't think this will be one of them. I'll definitely see them after that, though the hype will have worn off.

Beat that, anyone .

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 09:43 PM   #3
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Ouch, Nibs. The missionary trip will be well worth it though. One of my friend's brothers went to Columbia for his.

I won't be seeing it on the 18th most likely, because I'll be working away, giving popcorn to all those who are going to see it. Ah, well.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:50 PM   #4
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! I wish I could! I have a concert on the 18th AND the 19! I can't see it till the 20TH!
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 09:59 PM   #5
Treebeard's apprentice
Elven Warrior

It depends when I can get back home after my final exam on Wednesday, but I will try everything in my power to get home well before it opens.

Nibs, I've staved off hunger for days, but I still don't think I'd have the willpower you have -- two years! ouch! Of course, by then you can just watch all three in a row.
Treebeard's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 10:09 PM   #6
azalea
Long lost mooter

My husband works in the afternoon and evenings, and since we've just moved here I have no babysitter, so unless one of the theaters has an early morning showing (please please), I may not be seeing it till SATURDAY! *sob* I could go to a late showing of it after he gets home, but I haven't met anyone here yet I could go with, and I don't know if I feel comfortable going by myself at night to a theater in a place I've never been before. Besides, I know it's not as long as the first one, but going to a midnight showing would have me out way past my bedtime, and I want to be wide awake and fired up when I see it!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 10:49 PM   #7
Entlover
Elven Warrior

If we all try to squeeze into theaters the first day, it'll be a little crowded.
I'm waiting a few days til the hysteria dies down. It won't go away for awhile!
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 12:07 AM   #8
Nibs
Head Hollara

Quote:
Originally posted by Treebeard's apprentice
Nibs, I've staved off hunger for days, but I still don't think I'd have the willpower you have -- two years! ouch! Of course, by then you can just watch all three in a row.
Yeah, hopefully the LotR boxed sets to end all LotR boxed sets will be out (and on sale [fingers crossed])...

But missing the movies is hardly a sacrifice... and it's not like I even had a major up at college, so I'm not missing much there... and I was working at a grocery store as a cashier until I quit last Saturday (the service sector is not not for me), so I won't even yearn for anything at home. Besides family and home-cookin', that is.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 12:34 AM   #9
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I'll see it if it makes it to my section of the sticks. I should definitely see it on Friday the 20th though.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 07:03 AM   #10
Sween
im quite stupid

im gonna book my tickets for friday the 20th. It could be one of the best days of my life because i have my driving test in morning, see two towers in afternoon and then go out drinking for the biggest night of the year up here MAD FRIDAY
Old 12-12-2002, 08:22 PM   #11
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

I'm going on thursday too! Skipping school (yay) and *gasp* even going to a mall...what i do for lotr

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 09:03 PM   #12
Heather Wooltoes
Elven Warrior

I'm keeping my thirteen year old daughter out of school on opening day to babysit her brother so I can attend if I can't find anyone else. I know...I'm a bad mother. I let her skip school for both the Harry Potter movie so she could have FIRST! bragging rights..bad, BAD! mommy..Last year I went through a week of hell before I could see FOTR and I won't do THAT again!

whimper..whimper..I'm a GOOD mother! really! I just needs my preciooussssss..........

(and she's a good student anyways!)

Don't p*** me off.....I'm running out of places to hide the bodies!
Heather Wooltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 09:44 PM   #13
Ben
Retired Ent

I'm in the same situation as Greg. I'll have to stay off the Internet until Thursday night . I also hope that the movie isn't spoiled for me during school.

Why do they open these movies on Wednesdays anyway?

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 10:21 PM   #14
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bmilder
I'm in the same situation as Greg. I'll have to stay off the Internet until Thursday night . I also hope that the movie isn't spoiled for me during school.

Why do they open these movies on Wednesdays anyway?
Ha ha!. Most movies are released on Friday, but all the LotRs movies are being released world wide on the same day. Fellowship of the Ring was also released on a Wednesday. Poor Ben.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 03:13 AM   #15
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Ha ha!. Most movies are released on Friday, but all the LotRs movies are being released world wide on the same day. Fellowship of the Ring was also released on a Wednesday. Poor Ben.
It's not Wednesday in the rest of the world? They have weekends in France and England, I think.
Maybe they're trying to cut down on the number of movie-goers to the first show.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 03:21 AM   #16
BeardofPants
the Shrike

In NZ, it tends to be Thursday (pay day) when new releases come out.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:31 AM   #17
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

The regular showing here in the Philippines is still in january since we have this stupid film festival that runs in the 2nd half of december where they only show local films unless...

Organizations sponsor special screenings for an extra charge. I booked a ticket for the evening of the 21st which is around 4AM in the States. I still feel lucky, though..(had to wait 2 weeks last year but the midnight showing last january was no less magical)

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote