Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2001, 11:44 AM   #1
Manwe Sulimo

Ben

Did you start this board on the same day you registered as a member on ezboard? if so, this board is nearing it's second birthday... the 2. september...
It will probably have moved to vBulletin by then, though?
Old 08-06-2001, 01:51 PM   #2
bmilder

Re: Ben

Actually the board was started on September 18th, 1999, which isn't very long after I registered at ezboard. We are in fact nearing its 2nd birthday, and we plan on moving to vBulletin this week.
Old 08-06-2001, 04:50 PM   #3
X Rogue

Will everyone be required to reregister after the move to vbulletin? Will the board be down temporarily, and if so, for how long? Sorry if this has been asked before, but if it was, I appear to have missed it somehow.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:52 PM   #4
bmilder

Yes only posts can be imported from ezboard to vBulletin, so we will need to create new accounts. However, we can alter the accounts so that they appear to be the ezboard accounts - i.e., changing the registration date and post count to that of the original ezboard account.

I plan on pre-registering all the users who have reached "Hobbit" status (there's about 300 of 'em, I forget the exact total). However, for the regulars, I see no reason you can't just re-register yourselves and we'll just change your post and registration info for you.

The transfer will take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, I've been told, but we may need to close Entmoot for longer than that to set up, etc. You will be told via email and on this board exactly when the move will occur, and the address of the new board.
Old 08-06-2001, 10:24 PM   #5
X Rogue

Ok, got it this time. Thanks, Ben!
Old 08-07-2001, 06:00 AM   #6
Manwe Sulimo

Hmm... this week... okay then... hope it doesn't take too long, then...
Hmm... reregistering... I might change nick, then... that wouldn't be any problem, would it?
Old 08-07-2001, 11:20 AM   #7
Shanamir Duntak

I'm now used to the name... no need to change it... even if back there I would have chose only "Shanamir" were it not taken.
Old 08-08-2001, 08:19 PM   #8
Manwe Sulimo

Ben: Ehm... I just realized something... did you know that you registered as a member of ezboard 26 years after JRR Tolkien died? the 2. september 1973... just a useless bit of information, but...
Old 08-09-2001, 02:28 AM   #9
Shanamir Duntak

Useless is indeed the good word...
Old 08-09-2001, 02:36 AM   #10
bmilder

Ok, the vBulletin is installed. We haven't imported the posts yet, though, and still need to take care of a few things before we officially switch over. This should occur either tomorrow or Friday.