Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2002, 10:36 PM   #21
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

Yeah, this was one of the stupidest things I've ever done, actually. I'm in G88's class @ school, and mine was a baby girl. I named her Aphrodite Evenstar, Aphrodite after the Greek goddess, and...well, I guess you know why I named her Evenstar . So yeah, it was really stupid, but I didn't break mine, so I think I'll get a fairly good grade. Anyways, yeah everyone in 8th grade has to do the project and I'm just rambling so I'll shut up now.

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
HobbitChick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:45 PM   #22
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Well I accidentally broke one of mine the day before we turned them in. I was changing Aimee and when I reached for the tape she slipped out and hit the desk. So I went home and boiled another egg - named her Elanor Aslinn. But by the last day, I was so sick of sittign there and ffeding and changing EGGS! I mean, they cant smile or laugh like real babies or anything, so it gets really boring. So I was definitely ready to get it over with.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 01:04 PM   #23
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
Well I accidentally broke one of mine the day before we turned them in. I was changing Aimee and when I reached for the tape she slipped out and hit the desk. So I went home and boiled another egg - named her Elanor Aslinn.
Isn't that cheating?
Old 10-06-2002, 01:53 PM   #24
galadriel88

Nope, we have to! She makes us. And we have to write up a little thing telling how we broke it and have witnesses sign it and everything. Oh, and there's no way to pretend it's the same egg either - she puts a little stamp on the bottom of the original eggs.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 10-06-2002, 02:01 PM   #25
Earniel

eh? what do you know.... But then how can you learn to be a responsible mother if you can simply replace your baby egg if the original breaks? Sounds kind of weird. Witnesses? Your teacher takes her job very seriously, it seems.
Old 10-06-2002, 02:35 PM   #26
galadriel88

Well what she's trying to prevent is people cracking their eggs on the first day on purpose and saying "Oh well, it's dead. So much for this project!" Also if you were a real mother and your baby was hurt, unless you could prove it was an unavoidable accident you'd be charged with child abuse. So by explaining that it was an accident and having witnesses, we get a better grade.

Old 10-06-2002, 02:42 PM   #27
Earniel

Ah, that explains it. I understand it now.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:56 PM   #28
entss89
lord of the ents

yeah happy happy happy......... ummm welll ummm happy headace! i suggest many tylanoles! he he
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote