Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-02-2002, 07:34 AM   #1
Sween
im quite stupid

what would you of done

i have thought often of this subject and i have come up with a few ideas that i would of used for the prequals.

I find that many of the points in the movie Gerge lucas has shot himself in the foot. My main bugbear is the introduction anakin as a child, the lack of clone wars in the first movie.

The 3rd movie wont be very good as there is still too much left to be sorted out and anakins decent will not work well.

Major changes i would ofmade.

1) Introduce Anakin at the age of 20. it did not take luke long to master the force so this mixs in nicely with the origional trilogy. I would also of made him a frighter poilt another link in with the origional trilogy. He could quite easily of come into contact with Obi Wan this way.

2) Get rid of all the forshadowing. We all know what will happen to Anakin we dont need yoda and the rest working it out stright away.

3) get rid of this stupid jedis are not allowed to love. This is a stupid stupid idea of GL.

4) have the clone wars start in the first movie. who cares about naboo?

5) im not sure on this one because i quite like princes amilidala in the movie she does a good job of comming across as lairs and lukes mum. I thought possiably of making her a jedi as well which would of been kinda cool ( as well as allowing them a lot of screen time together)

6) i like the whole take over the glaexy plan that sidious has its very clever. But by having the clone wars start in the first movie he could of reveiled himself by now to the jedi settting up the last movie.

7) the origional movies had a lot to do with fate and i allways go bk to obi wans words of 'dont rush to face him like your father did' there fore the last battle should be Anakin Vs the empoer and the empoer should inflict the injuries on vader which explains why he is his master and why seeing him do it to luke brings about such a change in him.

8) never have the gungans

9) not have everything so computer generated (like watching a computer game) and so damn clean
Old 10-02-2002, 08:53 AM   #2
elendili
Elven Warrior

I agree with you about the gungans they should all be destroyed and little anakin was the most irritating thing about ep1 but i think that obi-wan should beat up anakin coz that would explain his sadness and the fact that Vader existed, would you really say "master" to someone who put you into that outfit ?

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell
elendili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 12:21 PM   #3
Sween
im quite stupid

i think obi wan has enough sadness from vader turning to the darkside. i dont want to see them fight we have all expected it i just know that the empoer should be the one.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:22 PM   #4
azalea
Long lost mooter

I like your idea of Luke and Leia's mother being a Jedi, too. That would have made an interesting story.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:18 PM   #5
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti
Elven Warrior

I actually think GL is a doofus because of ep. 1. That was the worst one by far and it throws everything out of wack. There's too much that needs to explained in ep.3. That one is going to suck majorly.

"Vires decusque."
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:28 PM   #6
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Could you cite some examples of why there's too much that's left to be explained?

As far as The Phantom Menace goes... well I personally enjoyed it a lot, and felt it a worthwhile addition to the saga. The biggest problem I have with it, however, is that it was clearly designed to be watched by people who were already familar with the Classic Trilogy. Because TPM gives no early, simple explanation or definition of basic terms such as "the Force", "the Dark Side", "Jedi" or "Sith", it's practically impossible for a first-timer to watch the whole thing in 1->6 order and understand it in a coherent sequence.

My guess is that such basic explanations were omitted as to avoid redundancy. Well, I wouldn't have minded that redundancy, because if Lucas had done that, he would actually have been able to justify his claim that the Prequel Trilogy was conceived as a linear predecessor.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote