Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-21-2002, 10:32 PM   #1
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

oh dear lord, what did i do?

i think someone's in my house. im trying to pretend that nothing's wrong, but seriously i feel like $hitting myself rightnow. i think someone's in my house, this is so insane, what did i do to let them in? im home alone, i should have gone to annies, i should have gone somewhere. crap, i thought i heard a footsteps. oh my god, i think someone's in my hosue.
if theses are my last moments on earth, i just want to say: im sorry for anything i have done evil, i apologise to jersey devil and CBG for me being a jerk. i apologise to darth tater (whereever he is) for being me, i want to say that i love Lord of the Rings and that i hope to god that some of it rings true and that i be sent to middle earth when iam no longer here.
i think someone's in my house. i cna't move. ive never been so scared in my life, what's going on? i think someone's in my house. im seruoisly not joking, i can't do a thing right now, if someothing does happen, this page will be up on a thread, and i want everyone who rads this (including my sister gollum) that i really don't know what's going on. i think someone got into the house..
Old 09-21-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

If there is seriously someone in your house, then why aren't you notifying the authorities, instead of coming onto entmoot? Can you not contact the police via the internet, if you can't reach a phone?
Old 09-22-2002, 12:35 AM   #3
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

What happened???? What can I do!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 02:03 AM   #4
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

If I could be a bit skeptical for a moment... If someone was breaking into your house, why would you post this and then 2 minutes later calmly post in the "What's the best way to rid urself of..." thread? I believe I would be calling 911 or at least be finding something to defend myself with.

In any case, I hope everything is alright.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 05:49 AM   #5
Sween
im quite stupid

this is why as my old man used to say when home alone you should allways be armed to the teeth.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:26 PM   #6
webwizard333
Elf Lord

Sign of Entmoot Obsession #84382-
In case of a real, and serious emergency, you do not contact the proper authorities for help, instead, post a synopsis of the event on Entmoot.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:13 PM   #7
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

well you see, during my posting of this, i was whispering thry my cell phone with my neighbours who were outside sneaking around to check if everything was ok. then i had this unnerving suspicion that someone was behind me so i found the nearest thread (how do you rid your self ..) and tried to be as calm as possible with out letting the imaginary person who was using his imaginary eyes to read what i was posting. there were some places that looked suspicious outside my house though, like a bunch of shubberies trampled and a place where one of the back windows looked like it was pried half way open with something. besides all of this, i was half drunk. im never drinking again. ever...
it's all ok though. i wasn't thinking abaout anything last night to put it ou there. sorry.. i was just trying to look incons[icous.. wow i need a dictionary.
thanks though, everyone, esp. lizra (if she was serious) you guys rock.
Quote:
Sign of Entmoot Obsession #84382-etc
yep that's me obsessed al right.

Last edited by LuthienTinuviel : 09-22-2002 at 08:14 PM.
LuthienTinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 11:04 PM   #8
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

It's nice to know that you're safe and that everything turned out OK.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 11:22 PM   #9
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

You bet I was serious! Keep those doors locked! (and windows too!) Hope you can relax now.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:07 PM   #10
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Wow, that really scared me, I cept on looking behind me! I'm glad that everything is okay! So........ Is someone really hacking into your email?

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 05:33 PM   #11
Elbereth
Elven Warrior

Don't do that again, you scared me...very glad you're alright! Of course Lizra was serious, I would be too, we all would help eachother hear...though I have no idea how, as I don't know where you live and have no way of reaching you. Next time call a neighbour.

'Fate goes ever as fate must.' Beowulf (Seamus Haney's translation)

FRODO LIVES!!!
Elbereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 12:15 PM   #12
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. If someone had an intruder in their house, the normal reaction would be to call the police, and stay on the line with them until they arrived. You would not get on a messageboard and post a long winded explanation while it is happening. You might share it after it was over, but not during. That just makes absolutely no sense.

I hope you enjoyed the attention. I won't say I am glad you're ok, because IMO you were never in danger. Hope you're not offended by my remarks, but it's the way I see it. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote