Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2002, 10:48 AM   #21
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

i think that it is, i read that on a couple diffrent websites, but i'll check again!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 11:51 AM   #22
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ringbearer
It is R ?! Ooooohhh..... I hope it isn't...... I paid about 30 dollars for it (Mom paid the rest) and I might not be able to watch it?!?

It will not bode well for Amazon.com if it is.....
NO IT'S NOT RATED R!!! View this thread: http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/show...&threadid=4311 and http://www.filmratings.com/
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 11:13 PM   #23
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
YAY! Than you emplynx!

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 11:20 PM   #24
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I read somewhere that the extended version would be R for more violence...erk.

I am going to wait until November to buy it, but not to watch it! That's what libraries and video rental places are for! Also, we don't have a DVD player yet...
Old 08-05-2002, 11:06 PM   #25
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

yay! for the first time ever, i am glad to be rong!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 08-05-2002, 11:14 PM   #26
olsonm
Elf Lord

less than a day now
Old 08-06-2002, 10:04 AM   #27
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

i got it, i got it, i got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wached it at 12:20 (whene i got home from wall mart and finally got everything set up) but on to the wall-mart story!!!

i got i wallmart about 25 min. before 12:01, and it wasn't even empty! even though i must admit, they were not all there for lotr. so i walked to the back where all of the tv's, movies, vcr's and stuff were and i asked the lady if they were gonna put it out at 12:01, and she said yes and to go wate it th front, because that is were it would be!

so i walked up to the front and walked around for a couple of min. to try and find where it was gonna be pute, and the lady behind the counter said that i had to wate another 15 min. and that it would be right in the front, where the first things that you see are put. so with that, i walked back to the back of the store where they had a lotr's poster that i was going to stare at, but i stoped first at the counter because something had cout my eye! and it was some posters roled up, and i could see through the paper and, IT WAS A LORD OF THE RINGS POSTER!!! i was still staring at that little roled up poster whene i herd a confused worker talking, trying to remember the name of some movie, it was lord of the rings! i didn't say anything, i just wated to see what she was gonna say about it, and she was talking about all of the obsessed ppl that wouldn't leave her alone, and cept on calling about how much it was, where it was going to be, and if they would put it out at 12:01! so then after i herd that, i walked back up to the front, and i looked down the part of a row where there are all of the other rows where just starting (it was right in front of the register) and then, i saw a light, that for one min. blinded me, and i am seiose, i was in a daze whene i saw it, lord of the rings movies, being pulled towds me! i had a flashback of staring at the cover on the internet, and i was so happy to finally see it in life, it was out! it was more then a picture! what i ha been thinking and driving my friends crazy about for the last few days, what i had been obsessing over, was sencods away from my hands! i ran up to the person pushing the crate, and i said, my movies! he smiled back down on me, and said, "oh, is this what you wont?" "it is my presiosss" i said, he did not cach the quote, but ohwell! i followed him over, to where he was pulling the crate, and he dropped it on the ground! i looked, stared at him, thinking that i was in a dream! "you can take one now" the men said, the words rang in me ear, as i yelled "thankyou" and i stooped down, and grabbed at the movie, it was in my hands, i still thought that this was all to good to be true, and that i was dreaming, but i ran up to the register and bout it!

I WAS THE FIRST PERSON AT MY WOLLY- WORLD TO GET THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i told the lady at the desk that i would be getting the dvd the next day, and how i was only buying the movie so that i could wach it that night, because blockbuster did not open untill the next day, and the wormen gave me the best complament i have ever gotten "my, you are obsessed arn't you?" i nodded my head, she handed me the bag IT WAS MINE, i was stunned! there are free posters in the back" she said, i asked her if they were the ones on the counter, and she said yes, so i ran back ther and got one, the poster that i have been wanting, but did not wont to order off of the internet for 13$ plus shiping! i was in heaven!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:44 AM   #28
azalea
Long lost mooter

I GOT MINE!

I can't watch it until tonight, though. I will hopefully get to look at some of the extra stuff this afternoon.

Samwiselvr, were they just giving away the posters, or was it with the purchase? I might go to my Wal-mart here and see, even though I got mine elsewhere.

Okay, now I'm going to the post office to mail my special offer cert. The frist 1000 people who send it in get a FREE movie guide.

Happy viewing!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 10:06 PM   #29
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

i am not sher, they were sitting back ther, and the lady behind the counter told me that they were free, so i got it, i don't think that it is just by purches, but you may wont to ask! anyways, there were only a few posters, and i only got one b/c i think that they had just put them out, they put everything new out at night, as for as i know, wich is not much, even though i like to think that i know alot!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 08-07-2002, 08:57 AM   #30
azalea
Long lost mooter

Yeah, I went by and no sign of any free posters.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 09:58 AM   #31
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

sorry
i like my poster, i wish that they had more!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 08-07-2002, 10:08 PM   #32
Entlover
Elven Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by samwiselvr2008 !
I WAS THE FIRST PERSON AT MY WOLLY- WORLD TO GET THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________________________________________-

Now they'll know we're all nuts.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 03:17 PM   #33
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

the person at the register (by the exspresion on her face) thought that we were all crazy, eveyone that loves lord of the rings! ummm, THE lord of the rings! i allways forget the THE part!

FRODO LIVES!