Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-23-2002, 03:55 PM   #1
ecto2002
Sapling

Gimli Greetings fellow Mooters :)

Heres a story of the top of my head feel free to add your own ending - plot twists etc to it - I'm not sure what to add to it ...

Ondin was a small village about a half days march west from the large seaport town of Brimlor. It was at a crossroads deep in the Forest of Vanmar. The Crystal Dragon Inn was a pleasant stop for travelers moving east-west between Vanlarna (the largest city in all of Ectar and a six months journey from Ondin) Occasionally a traveler from the northern tribes who lived in frozen lands in the north would arrive and tell a strange tale... or a Rogue from the deserts in the south would cause a stir for a few days. But these events were the exception rather than the rule.

A warm spring breeze promised a pleasant night. Thar smiled (both at the weather and the knowledge that such a night would be good for business) The dwarf lingered on the front steps for a minute then turned and went inside.

The small town was just within sight. A warm glimmer could mean an Inn or a large house but the poison was working too quickly on the elfs weakened body and it was still at least a six hour journey to the seaport Brimlor. Alyn knew he would be dead before then but he also knew that he must not give up. He moved on as quick as his feet would carry him.

Verondin sat wearily sipping his ale by the fire contemplating the beginning of a new life. It was strangely peaceful here - much different from the harsh desert. Across from him sitting on a stool carved from red oak sat small figure wrapped in a silver cloak.

The quiet of the growing night was interrupted suddenly as a figure cloaked in dark grey stumbled through the doorway and fell too the floor in pain uttering a single word -Flyntar- Alyn was dead. In his hand he clutched a letter bound with silver strings and sealed with a bright red seal.

When Thar heard the noise from the cellar where he was arranging casks of ale he hurried upstairs to find the body of the dead elf. Verondin was also standing nearby and the figure in silver approached - obviously an elven cleric from the runes on her staff.

Thar examined the sealed letter ..........

well thats all I can think of - feel free to add to this tale wave
ecto2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 04:41 PM   #2
Garina
Elf Lord

Welcome to the Moot. Just to warn you, the moderators might try to move this into the RPG forum, even though it's not a Middle Earth story!

The figure in silver spoke. "This letter must reach the port of Brimlor by dawn. Will you take it?"
"And why should I do that?" Thar asked belligerently. The dwarf glared at the shimmering figure. "Why can't you do it?"
The figure paused, a little taken aback.
"I will pay you well for the task. It is impossible for me to journey there at this time." The figure grew closer, and Thar saw that it was a young girl. "Please." She begged.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 05:51 PM   #3
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
WOW! awesome story starter! welcome and enjoy!

Thar didn't like the idea of taking something from a complete stranger, but the girl's eyes shimmered so brightly and where so innocent, Thar wondered "how bad could it be?" it was only a letter, and she seemed to really care about it. "Where are you going?" he asked. The girl stared at him and studied his eyes as if she was trying to see if Thar was telling lies. "I'm going back with my people," she said, "I live over in the east, on Mt. Tarthothine. I don't suppose a dwarf has ever gone that far from his home." Thar thought for a moment. "Why can't you just see your people later?" he asked, "and who are you anyway?" the girl looked annoyed. "I said its impossible.” she said. She took a deep breath to keep calm, "I'm Teknaka" she said, "I know who you are, your Thar, one of the dwarves. Please, just take this, and go." Thar was amazed that this stranger knew his name. "I don’t want to go alone,” he said, "it's very dangerous to travel that far" a strange creature came up to Teknaka. It was female and very long and lanky. She looked like a cross between a tiger and a human. Her skin color was tan, but it had a few stripes here and there. She had pointed ears sharp teeth and long sharp nails. She walked like a human and had the body shape of a human, but had very long arms and long slender legs. She whispered something in Teknaka's ear. Teknaka looked back to Thar. "Take my friend" Teknaka said, "She is from the jungles of Duhan and will be glad to take you. Her name is Tashobanaliteno but she prefers to be called Tash" Thar went to pack his things, then went out into the night.

---------------------------------------------
AND FGF'S MOST GORGEOUS MAN ALIVE AT THE MOMENT'S AWARD GOES TO.........
BRANDON BOYD (yes once again) !!!!! WOOOO!!!
----------------------------------------------
Hottness has no count for age.... thats why I'm merrying a forty year old who goes by the name of JOHNNY DEPP!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Fortune cookies tell all, so when i got the cookie telling me to date my love i became a stalker to Johnny Depp, and when i find him my excuse will be "the cookie made me do it"
------------------------------------------------
I'm not stupid, I'm special
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Captian, Catian Jack Sparrow"
"pa-pa-pa parsnip, parla, --"
"Just don't do anything... stupid"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"
~Captian Jack Sparrow
Read my FP.net story!!!
frodosgirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 06:32 PM   #4
ecto2002
Sapling

Gimli into the night

Verondin approached Thar on the steps of the inn. "How do you know that this letter is of any importance. Maybe the elf was the member of a guild or clan delivering an unimportant message. why risk your life and your home and all that you hold dear because some elf dies on your floor?"
"This letter is important to this Flyntar whoever he is and was delivered at the cost of a life. I plan to see what this is all about." Thars reply sounded confident "but" he thought "what if this rogue is right and I'm leaving all I hold dear for naught?"

" If you wish to I could join you" Verondin said as the dwarf turned toward Brimlor and the sea. "Being from the desert myself I have been to the ocean only once as a child. And maybe this Flyntar is not a kind soul. If that happens to turn out to be true then maybe two might be better." "whoever poisoned this elf did not want him to reach the port and deliver this letter."

A month earlier the capitol city Vanlarna was overcome by evil. The elf Alyn who died on the floor of the Crystal Dragon Inn was carrying a very important letter indeed.

Thar and Verondin started down the road unaware of the evil that had ruined Vanlarna. They wondered about the elf who had died and wondered how they would ever find this Flyntar .........

Thanks for the additions Frodo's Girlfriend and Garina feel free to add more woo
ecto2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 10:11 AM   #5
Garina
Elf Lord

Thar and Verondin set out on their journey, accompanied by the strange creature Tash. It was midnight, and there was a deathly silence, broken only by the footsteps of the travellers.
Suddenly Tash stopped.
"Danger draws near!" she whispered.
Verondin looked sceptical. "How exactly do you know that?" he asked, not bothering to keep his voice down. He turned to continue walking, but stopped, noticing that Thar seemed frozen to the spot. The dwarf was shaking slightly, staring ahead at a dark shadow standing on the path. It appeared to be floating about a foot off the ground, and from the hood two red eyes gleamed like hot coals.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Old 05-25-2002, 09:17 AM   #6
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

"The Road goes ever on and on"
Rillen had drunk to much and she knew it. What she didn't know was where she had gotten this song she was singing.
"Down from the door where it began."
She stumbled along allies trying to find her way hom.
"Now far ahead the road has gone."
Any observer would have noticed that her voice was slurred and she sang very, very flat. But to her, she sounded like an elf. And that was pretty good.
"And I must follow if I can.
Pursuing it with weary feet,
Until it joins some larger way,"

At that moment she stumbled into another allwy. THere stood three odd creatures. in her drunken stupor she culd not figure out what they were, but they were an odd company to be sure.
"Where many paths and errands meet."
Her song had now lost forte. She looked at the creatures. THey were staring at something. As she looked, She saw blackness, and two red dots. They were floating around, which she later found, had been added by her drunkenness. Right before she fell to the ground, one last line escaped her lips, sung in almost a whisper.
"And whither then? I cannot say."
Then she blacked out.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Nariel Starfire : 05-25-2002 at 09:18 AM.
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 06:11 AM   #7
Garina
Elf Lord

Tash sprang at the menacing apparition.

ooc: ok, I can't think of anything else to do!
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Old 06-04-2002, 07:21 PM   #8
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
A loud cry of pain was heard. Tash came out from the line of trees holding a man by the neck. "Why have you followed us?” Tash said just above a whisper. The man struggled uselessly but said no reply. His feet where about an inch of the ground and he seemed to be in much pain. "Tell me!" Tash yelled as she tightened her grip around the man's throat. Thar slowly began to walk backwards. Tash seemed so large and frightening. Suddenly an arrow whistled over the trees and landed where Thar had been standing seconds before. Tash looked over her shoulder. When she looked back at the man he had a knife to her throat. Thar and Verondin stood frozen as more men came out from the trees. Tash slowly put the man she had been holding on his feet. She gave a quick glance to Verondin. He should have kept his voice lower. The men tied Tash's hands behind her back and removed the dagger she had kept in her boot. Thar and Verondin where tied as well. The moon was over the trees. 8 hours 'till dawn.

---------------------------------------------
AND FGF'S MOST GORGEOUS MAN ALIVE AT THE MOMENT'S AWARD GOES TO.........
BRANDON BOYD (yes once again) !!!!! WOOOO!!!
----------------------------------------------
Hottness has no count for age.... thats why I'm merrying a forty year old who goes by the name of JOHNNY DEPP!!!!
-----------------------------------------------
Fortune cookies tell all, so when i got the cookie telling me to date my love i became a stalker to Johnny Depp, and when i find him my excuse will be "the cookie made me do it"
I'm not stupid, I'm special
"But why is the rum gone?"
"Captian, Catian Jack Sparrow"
"pa-pa-pa parsnip, parla, --"
"Just don't do anything... stupid"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"
~Captian Jack Sparrow
Read my FP.net story!!!
frodosgirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote