Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2005, 03:13 AM   #19
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Quoted from Lief Erikson,
Quote:
So if you are correct, you must assume that Obi-Wan was being very unclear when he was talking to Yoda.
I do indeed feel that Obi-Wan was being extreamly unclear to Yoda, but even more misleading with the Kaminoian Prime Minister. I feel that Obi-wan was more or less "going along" with the Kaminoians thoughts, one wouldn't want to raise suspicion and mistrust with those that may be doing shady business with your own order. Obi-Wan says Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas diead nearly ten years ago, then says that he thought he was killed before that. Yet what is "that" in that senence? It is not ten years nor is it neraly ten years. "That" is when the contract was soppused to have been made, which is another unclear time. Regardless of all of these fine details we are still talking about a time period of maybe 5 years surrounding 10 years before the events of Attack of the Clones. meaning as much as 15 years ago or as little as 5 years ago. I doubt it is that much but for the sake of argument we will allow that much time. The fact is however that durring that time Senator Palpatine was a notable figure in the senate and in the universe and so was Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas. When Sifo-Dyas was killed Palpatine was either an acting senator for Naboo or acting Chancellor of the Republic! A Jedi is forbidden to be a politician and there has never been a Jedi politician, there fore Sifo could not have been Palpatine as a double life. Also since we are prettymuch in agreement that Sidious is not a Changlim he would look the same in both forums... I think that someone would notice that he was Palpatine and Sifo-Dyas! I am afraid your theory that Sidious is Sifo-dyas and Sifo-dyas is Sidious is not correct in the slightest. I have been through disscusions similar to this one in the StarWars.com message board and most facts and most people would agree with me that it is logiclly impossible for Sidious to be Sif-Dyas.

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote