Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

The High School Divide

It recently occurred to me that the amount of social divides are in school is unbelievable. You see it in all the 'teen flicks' - but they seem to be overly exaggerated. But it truth, they really arnt.

I've come to find out that there is a great deal of people in my year at school that I have no idea who they are, and have made no effort to speak to them. And yes, it could be said I am friends with the somewhat cooler group of people within the school, but its just crazy really. I'm a total hypocrite when I say this, but - why do people not make the effort? - and how you become what you are?

There are obvious divides in my school: There’s all the 'Ruggers' (Rugby players for you Americans), and the girls that love them. Along with this comes other major sportsmen/women, football hockey etc. Now if we go by the usual stereotype, all of these people will brainless idiots - actually most of them are very intelligent and achieved excellent grades last year. Me being in that group, however I did not achieve excellent grades... and I don’t excel in any sport... just been friends with that lot forever. The fact that the grades are out of character may be the fact I attend a public school - but lets not make me sound up my self... when a private school atmosphere really isn’t like that.

Then from there comes the various social divide break offs - Goths, geeks, the wana bees, randoms - there’s a thousand and one names these groups seem to get called. And if it not as obvious to see this divide in the social room - you can tell when a party occurs and the invites are 'limited'.

I'm just really interested to know if everyone has/is experienced/experiencing this. Now what kind of "group" you belong/belonged to. It is obvious a big topic with bullying and not what being a big issue with many schools. I just want to get other peoples perspective. I especially interested to know if the American High School life is really like they show in the films...

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote