Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2001, 11:06 PM   #11
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

I would like to have seen it more accurate but it is Impossible to do so without boring non-fans. I mean how much longer do you want to make it. I do wish they had made the nazguls a little more threatening. The problem was that they lost their feel of danger. Like in a cheap eighties movie called "SOULTAKER" I saw on Mystery Science Theatre, I swear. At twelve this girl is supposed to die. So it keeps zooming in on this clock until eventually the clock is past 12 and there is no more apparent releveance with the time of her death. In the same manner. Its seems every situation w/ the nazgul is resolved quickly and each time making them less apparently dangerous to a lesser extent.
The movie was great and I loved it. And I can see both sides. Although I think I lean towards Darth Taters argument. It's mean to be a story slightly different than that of the book. Like somebody (my apologies) said earlier "You cannot take information from a book and replay it on the movie screen" The Massive amounts of Minor charecters which would give the movie and an unrealistic depth unlike the which minor charecters enhance the book. Since a book is written and does not regard the dimension of time,(you can read over it again, you can read it in more than one sitting.) It's structure is tight enough to support that amount of depth. So they have to make up for that loss of depth in major charecters. As far as the Nazguls go. I think they can be defied. Frodo does defy them in The book "By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have niether the ring or me". So I see them as verbally defyable.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote