Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2003, 08:14 AM   #1
Sween
im quite stupid

Muslims

Now there have been a few comments in other threads of late which have both intrested me and worried me! Relating Orcs to Muslims in the Should we show orcs pity thread!

Are all Muslims tarnished with the brush of west hating phycos? Hell bent on causeing so much harm to people its without reason?

When we think Muslim today what do we think? Do we think they all hate us and want to take over? As i know many people in England do!

How many of us know Muslims well? How many of us would be willing to get to know a Muslim?

I personally grew up with a Muslim boy he was called Sanj! Cockermouth is a strange place (and thats not just the name) because we havent got much of an asian comunity! Its still a very white area! So Sanj grew up with all white friends and to be honest you couldnt meet a nicer lad he fits in as well as anyone i have ever meet and is not at all reclusive(and a bit gay me suspects)

Now when i lived in Scunthorpe for two years there were a lot of Muslims and they did all stick together and didnt really like to mix with people. Infact a lot of them were downright racist! But we had one of them Sadrul on our course and when he was just with us he was again a nice lad it seemed to me its when they are together they became shy and recluse.

Now the comments made on other threads worried me because they showed that people seem to think all Muslims were the same which is simply not true. I have allways been dead set against the way we let Sinn Fainn and other such partys get elected to government in this country as they have there own terrorist agendas!

So how do you feel about Muslims and more importantally how does you nation and media see and show them because if we let this base racism continue we are in for all sorts of problems