Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2002, 05:56 PM   #11
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by R*an

...as opposed to the offshoot idea of the theory of evolution with an intelligent being giving little gentle nudges to things at critical points. Or do you people want to discuss both?)
I have often wondered about that theory. I mean, why not, eh? If you were God would you rather just be like "poof here's a nice CD" or would you actually play the music first? Like a symphony. It seems odd that something would move without anything to make it move, or for say an atom to just do what it does because "it's just like that" or "because the nature of an atom is this and so it does this." Or what's more that whole ecosystems would evolve to be like so one "organism*" could fit in with the others (there may be some disagreement about how much this is true to begin with). Just a thought.

*It was so funny one time in English we had vocabulary and one of the words was organism, and this one kid raised his hand and he was like "what's an orgasm?" all innocently...yeah that's my story for the day.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote