Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
From Man to Spirit to Beast.

Prologue

Men from the South.
Men from the North.
Men from the West.
Men from the East.
From Man to Spirit to Beast.

The Shamans of the World gathered in an secret place to discuss what should be done.
Four men from each continent were chosen to become magic beasts to protect mankind from an ancient evil.

From Africa the men chose to be a lion, a cheetah, a leopard and a hyena.

The Europeans chose to be a wolf, a bear, a lynx and a wolverine.

The Asians a tiger, a buffalo, a commodo dragon and a cobra.

The Americans a puma, an eagle, a bison and a coyote.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't know if this prologue will inspire anybody but I thought it was worth a try.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 08:22 PM   #2
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

What exactly enspierd you to start i? It sounds quite interesting. can you fill me in on what the story is and how to start it?
Old 10-16-2002, 09:45 AM   #3
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Sorry, but the RPG's here have to be Middle earth-themed.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:14 PM   #4
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Nothing really special inspired me attempt to write another mooter' written story but I just thought that it would be worth a try to see anyone would be interested in writing a Moot-based fantasy story.

So, all YOU have to do is begin using your imagination and begin writing!!!

Maybe I'll join you later.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-17-2002 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:34 PM   #5
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

This sounds so cool! I would love to join, but maybe we need a discussion thread, to sort out the what to's and the where froms, and, of course, your general purpose why's.

I was thinking, to keep it Middle Earth based, then one could say that this is after all the elves have left "Middle earth," which has now become "Regular Earth" (If there is such a state as "regular," and I'm not talking about bowles,) And the humans are now piecing together the fact that there were such creatures as elves and are trying to get to where they all went off to (Valinor.) Sound interesting?

I've always wondered at such an idea, because the Good Professor Tolkien drops hint hear and there about the wolrd changing to become less magical, and humans going forth and multiply (arithmatic is cool...) and pretty much taking over.
Human#3.141592653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 02:43 PM   #6
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Human#3.141592653
This sounds so cool! I would love to join, but maybe we need a discussion thread, to sort out the what to's and the where froms, and, of course, your general purpose why's.

I was thinking, to keep it Middle Earth based, then one could say that this is after all the elves have left "Middle earth," which has now become "Regular Earth" (If there is such a state as "regular," and I'm not talking about bowles,) And the humans are now piecing together the fact that there were such creatures as elves and are trying to get to where they all went off to (Valinor.) Sound interesting?

I've always wondered at such an idea, because the Good Professor Tolkien drops hint hear and there about the wolrd changing to become less magical, and humans going forth and multiply (arithmatic is cool...) and pretty much taking over.
Sounds VERY interesting!

1. The Why's:

Man has lost a great deal of His former knowledge of Magic and has grown estranged from Nature itself and must, through these sixteen men, regain the knowledge of Magic and respect of nature. Since their Spirit-beast transformations only are temporary and they will lose their animal-powers after a while, they do not have a lot of time.

2. The Quest:

To regain the above mentioned properties the sixteen men have to search for and find out where the elves really go to and find other benign spirits to help them and Mankind defeat this ancient evil (who really is a weakened but still powerful Morgoth).

3. The Dramatis Personae

The names and personalities we can hammer out along the way I think.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-24-2002 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:52 PM   #7
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

Excellent! Excellent!
Ooh, Morgoth. Makes my skin crawl...I think that it might be interesting to have some random Miai (Maia? I can never remeber...) hanging about the world for we the adventures to discover...
I think that there should be in the four groups first (Those from Asia should start together) and they shall discover one another in due time. Or not. Depends on how long you want this thing to last.
And if they do start all together, where do they start? Perhaps they should all meet in England where a lot of "paranormal activity" has brought the curious and scientific alike...?

Twevle men? *counts* I think that's Sixteen...
Old 10-23-2002, 08:16 PM   #8
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

This sounds great!

What time period is it? This would kinda tell how they would get to England. It kinda sounds like the people are werebeats.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:53 AM   #9
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Human#3.141592653
Excellent! Excellent!
Ooh, Morgoth. Makes my skin crawl...I think that it might be interesting to have some random Miai (Maia? I can never remeber...) hanging about the world for we the adventures to discover...
I think that there should be in the four groups first (Those from Asia should start together) and they shall discover one another in due time. Or not. Depends on how long you want this thing to last.
And if they do start all together, where do they start? Perhaps they should all meet in England where a lot of "paranormal activity" has brought the curious and scientific alike...?

Twevle men? *counts* I think that's Sixteen...
You're quite correct: Sixteen men are the correct number.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:02 AM   #10
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Time period: just after the most recent ice age in what is to become England.

Since the Stonehenge has been built it's the logical place to start out from in the Quest.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:15 PM   #11
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

OOC: Well, now. I think it’s time to start! I claim Coyote, a rather rude, proud, serious young man.

Coyote, with raven hair and eyes, and skin the color of clay, shivers and pulls his woven poncho tighter about him. The land is strange to him, his feet won’t quiet touch the ground like they did, and the weather surprises him. Game here plays by different rules, and though water is still easy enough to find, it doesn’t fill his belly.
Looking out along the shore from the top of the cliff where he has made his camp, he thinks longingly of his home, of the familiar, and of the woman who would have been his bride. He takes his other form then, and pushes these thought from his mind, and pads into the forest seeking the small and unwary.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:00 PM   #12
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

As an added thought:

Morgoth has divided himself into four demon beings so that he can have better control of his orc armies.The spirit/beast men naturally have to fight these orcs as their journey progresses towards their inevitable confrontation with the Morgoth demon on their continent.

And to begin: I claim Wolf as my protagonist. He is young orphan brought up by the village shaman. He is a bit headstrong but couragious. He often runs in the forest, in his wolf shape, with his wolf brethren. He is also commited to the task at hand.
When he came to place of summons he met his other Quest-comrades (the Bear, the Lynx and the Wolverine). After a brief and informative talk with the shamans they all left for the European continent and the task of ridding it of orcs and the Morgoth Demon.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:44 PM   #13
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

oocang I wanted the wolf. Oh well. Then I shall claim the...

ic: Bear. A very strong stubburn child. She lives in the an indean village(is that OK) called the Potomacs. She likes to hang around the boys usually to her moms dislike. She takes her bear form ofton and runs through the forests making friends with the creatures more then with the humans.

She goes to Europe to escape captivity life of her village. (is this good.)
Old 10-26-2002, 12:16 AM   #14
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

Quote:
As an added thought:
Morgoth has divided himself into four demon beings so that he can have better control of his orc armies.The spirit/beast men naturally have to fight these orcs as their journey progresses towards their inevitable confrontation with the Morgoth demon on their continent.
Good thought, Grey Wolf.

"When shall we three meet again? In thunder lighting or in rain?

When the hurly burly's done, when the battle's lost and won.

That will be ere the set of sun."

Coyote jumps and snarls at the slight sprinkling of rain. At home, he would have smelled the rain days in coming, but there are many new smells here....
He shakes his head. If he had been paying better attention, he wouldn't have been caught so far from shelter. Moody and muttering to him self, he pads back toward camp.
But the rain continued, and became heavy and washed his scent from the ground. Soon he was horribly, shamefully lost. In a strange land. That his grandmother had made him go to. For some cause he had no wish to be apart of. For the power that he had, that he both loathed and carished.
Coyote sat on his haunches, folded his ears back, and allowed his self a brief, pathedic whine.
Several soggy hours later, Coyote, in a more foul mood than before, happened upon a human dwelling. and beyond that several more. His ears perked up alittle, and he slunk along the shadows, watching tidbits to snatch. It never occured to him that this might be the place his Grandmother had told him about, it never occured to him to his human form and go in and ask questions.
No.
He had to do things the hard way.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:56 AM   #15
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

They left their small boat behind on the beach as they ventured into the thick, dark forest. Bear going first and Wolf and Lynx covering the flanks and Wolverine taking up the rearguard. A couple of hours later they happened upon a small clearing where a company of orcs had camped out for the night. The four sneaked up to the edge of the clearing. Throwing themselves out upon the none-suspecting orcs, slashing, clawing, biting and beating the ground was soon covered in blood and torn off limbs.
They left behind them a mound of dead orcs and moved on.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:43 PM   #16
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

Bear, Wolf, Lynx, and Wolverine, stroled causally in their humans froms into the village. as the people who dwelled there swamed about them. They accepted the offers of food and praise that came thier way, but also keeping a steady easy pace toward the center. There sat a greyed man, bandaged and bllinded form a wound.
"I cannot tell you how thankfull I am that you have freed our village, nor..."
Coyote quickly lost interest, as did the four standing before him. He could smell thier boredom. Nosing around near the edge of a hut, he let his mind wander until he heard the words "shapeshifter."
Some one had asked a question.
The old man answered, "An odd wolf was seen near the cost by my sister's son. He said that it looked like a mangy dog. And their are stories of a dancing hooded snake, and a great brown ox and other wonders suddenly appearing in the South. I'm sorry, but I cannot be more helpfull."
Coyote strained his ears to detect what ever he could from the stranger's response.
"You have done enough. And now we must go."
And so they left.
Hmm. There had been four of them, and his grandmother had warned him of something that the orical had called the four limbs of the Great Mouth, which could mean just about anything.
But better alive and curiosity satisfied than dead and ignorant; he followed them as they left, taking extra special care to be very, very, quiet.
Old 10-27-2002, 09:51 AM   #17
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Joining a group of other shape shifters. was a great idea. They had the same idea for the future and what should be done. We wander into a village and find very gratified people. We here of other shape shifters and wonder of their plans. i join Coyote in his or hers poking around.

ooc(not very good but am trying.
Old 10-27-2002, 02:38 PM   #18
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

The four of them stood on low hill looking out over the plains of "Normandie" (I use the modern names to get an idea of where they are). Small fires appeared here and there marking the places where the orc-companies had camped for the night. It wasn't going to be a walk in the park passing these camps. Bear and Wolverine took the north-east tack while Wolf and Lynx choose the south-east one. They passed silently into the night.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:17 AM   #19
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

OOC: Couple of questions: Where are they going? What will they do when they get there?

Bear and Wolverine were making great time, (I have no idea where they are going, but they are making great time!) when Wolverine turned and sniffed. Bear paused, but on a signal from her companion sat heavily on her haunches, while he slipped into the night. With her keen ears, she followed the sounds of his travels, waiting patiently. Then, when wolverine had found what had been following them, she sat up and crouched, pouncing on Coyote as he was flushed from the bush.
“Neh?” She said, half laughing. “So is this the mangy dog?”
“If any one calls me a mangy dog once more,” He said form around a mouthful of bear paw, “they shall…regret it…” he finished lamely.
“Quiet the both of you!” Snarled Wolverine. “There are Orcs around if you hadn’t noticed by the stench. Now C’m on.”
Both he and Bear turned back toward their course, when Coyote called quietly, “And you just expect me to follow…?”
Wolverine turned, gave Coyote a good once over, and continued down the track.
Coyote hesitated and followed.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:58 AM   #20
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

OCC: they're going into deep the alpine mountains, where the Morgoth Demon has his hide-out. But they have pass through the camps of the horrid orcs first and keep the fighting to a bare minimum.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-28-2002 at 08:01 AM.