Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2000, 03:43 AM   #1
arynetrek

SW2 script rumor (no spoilers)

heard on a Dallas radio newsbrief -
someone stole a copy of the SW2 script & offered it to TheForce.Net for a mere $100,000. TF.N turned them down (supposedly) but won't say who offered it. Lucasfilm is severely PO'd & will sue the thief if they find him.

IP, (or any TF.N people) have you heard any of this? is there truth behind this rumor?

aryne *
Old 09-06-2000, 01:18 PM   #2
Film Hobbit

Re: SW2 script rumor (no spoilers)

From what I hear it is true. Have seen releases from TheForce.net representatives confirming that they turned it down.
Old 09-15-2000, 09:28 AM   #3
Michael Martinez

What surprises me is that the media hasn't picked up on the revelations posted on SF Crows Nest. They basically spell out the entire plot of the movie.
Old 09-15-2000, 02:10 PM   #4
Shanamir Duntak

Maybe that's better this way... I don't really want to know the plot before seeing the movie!
Old 09-15-2000, 05:39 PM   #5
Michael Martinez

Spoilers don't bother me. I'm glad someone is trying to report the plot in advance. It remains to be seen whether the report is vindicated, of course. I hate it when someone starts to tell you a story and then leaves off in the middle in order to induce you to read the book or see the movie. That is SO rude and annoying. Better to say nothing than to say a little.
Old 09-15-2000, 11:03 PM   #6
Niffiwan

well, spoilers bug me a LOT...

***SPOILER***
For instanse the first time I was watching Hamlett one of my friends leaned over to someone else and said, "the mother drinks the drink instead of Hamlett and dies, right?... OK, thanks."

As for me... I would rather see how that point is described in the movie/play/book instead of just hearing it in a vague and unimpressive way from someone/something else.
Old 09-16-2000, 01:21 AM   #7
Michael Martinez

Re: ...

That spoiler didn't prevent you from seeing how the play unfolded though, did it?
Old 09-18-2000, 08:15 PM   #8
Miralys

Of course it's a personal call for me but I don't like spoilers. To me it's like peeking at your presents before Christmas morning arrives. Somehow it's just not the same.

Even though it's a personal call I don't feel that spoilers should be allowed and I definitely discourage people going out there and trying to obtain copies of the script for purely economic purposes. The individual (if reports are in fact true) who did this did not do it for his/her own curiosity. They did it because they saw a chance to cash in on something big. If that script or any details in it reach the media, it's all over. The media is not going to say "okay here's a spoiler from Episode II so everyone who doesn't want to hear it change the channel, turn the page etc."

Just my $0.02
Old 09-20-2000, 02:34 AM   #9
Elbreth of Carhouth

Personally, I don't like spoilers anymore either. I already know the basic plot, I thing most people do. And that's as much as I want to know.
When the spoiler for Phantom Menace came out I downloaded it and watched it enough times that I could lipsynch to it with my eyes closed. I had the timing and voices near perfect. When I saw the movie, the quotes from the spoiler jumped out at me, and then didn't seem to fit the dialogue so well.
Old 09-23-2000, 04:17 AM   #10
Niffiwan

No, I don't know the plot and I don't want to.
My hatred of spoilers is also the reason why I didn't download any of the trailers that came out for Ep. 1. I saw it with absolutely no knowledge of what the plot might be. The only things I looked at were the photos on LucasArts's website, and those didn't give away a lot...
Old 09-24-2000, 08:49 AM   #11
emilsson

I have no love for spoilers either. I feel, for me, they ruin the movie experience. I watched the trailers but that was the extent of it.