Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2003, 06:30 PM   #1
LadyGreenleaf22
Hobbit

Relationships

I thought it might be nice for people to talk about their relationships and give advice for those in need

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused"
LadyGreenleaf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:34 PM   #2
Ruinel
Banned

Never get hooked up with someone that is just like you. Especially if you have a hot temper and you're a bit wild. In that case, find someone who is calmer... he'll even you out and you'll make his life a bit more exciting.

Last edited by Ruinel : 05-12-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:37 PM   #3
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Never leave the toilet seat up.

Be diplomatic over who last saw the remote control for the telly (and where it is now).

Never fight on an empty stomach.

Spoil each other rotten

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 07:28 PM   #4
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Never leave the toilet seat up.
Don't forget to change the toilet roll while you're there.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:38 AM   #5
Baby-K
Corruptor

Never start a relationship hoping to change the other person (or be changed by them). It is always good if you can positively influence each other, but to try & change everything about someone is never a good idea, in the end you will be left with a feeling of 'you are not the person I fell in love with'
Accept the fact that sometimes the other person just isn't thinking of you - this doesn't mean he / she doesn't love you, it simply means they are normal & have other interests too.
Guys (and girls) will look at other people and even be attracted to them, this doesn't mean they aren't happy with you or are cheating on you.
Respect each other - this includes respecting each other's need for privacy, space and time alone.
Have fun & laugh a lot.
Never be afraid to make a fool of yourself
Always give 100% of yourself - even when it ends & you get hurt, don't go into the next relationship holding back - it's not fair to yourself or the other person.
There comes a time in life (usually after 25) when you have to accept that relationships will become like Airports & you become a porter, i.e there is always baggage to cart around, if you are lucky the person you choose would have packed light (you should try & do the same - don't pack excess, 'cos there's always shopping to be done ).
All women don't want to cuddle after sex all the time - sometimes we just want you to roll over & go to sleep.
Never tell a woman your mother cooks better than her - if that's the case move back to mommy & have dinner there.
Open the door for her (car doors included) and wait for her to enter a room before you - I have yet to meet a woman who doesn't like a gentleman.
Don't assume every bad mood she has is because of 'that time of the month'
Don't overanalyse each & every situation - sometimes stuff just happens, there doesn't need to be a deeper, psychological reason for it.
Chocolate body paint is not a good idea on a hot Summer's day, outside in the garden (ants will get there before you do).
Don't call your .........ahem........., 'parts' by cute little nicknames in public

Quote:
Spoil each other rotten
Yup, it's the small things................

Last edited by Baby-K : 05-13-2003 at 06:21 AM.
Baby-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:01 AM   #6
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
All women don't want to cuddle after sex all the time - sometimes we just want you to roll over & go to sleep.
Oh, I want one of those!

Beatallica
Old 05-13-2003, 05:34 AM   #7
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Oh, I want one of those!
Only one? You see, my ramblings do sometimes make sense (well you read them all - unsound thoughts they might be)

*Mebbe I should go work as an Agony Aunty then again, my advise might sound strange to certain individuals, but hey I was just telling you what I'd experienced in my relationships.*

Last edited by Baby-K : 05-13-2003 at 05:40 AM.
Baby-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:35 AM   #8
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Never try to be in a relationship with a guy because your friends tell you that you should be together with that guy. That's only hard for both of you.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:53 AM   #9
Baby-K
Corruptor

Another bit of advise (for the guys) - women will ALWAYS have the last word in an argument, anything said by a man after that will be the start of a new argument

OK, seriously, don't go to bed angry at each other (simply because angry bed partners tend to kick & if you're a guy & happen to be snoring your partner might just break your rib instead of giving you the usual gentle nudge).
Don't assume that 'make up sex' vindicates any wrong doing - in truth there is no such thing as 'make up sex'.
Learn to argue intelligently & don't dredge up old cows...lines like "You always do this or that wrong" is immature & stupid.
Oh and physical violence is a NO NO.
Furry pink handcuffs are not for the weak at heart.
Always keep the keys to the handcuffs nearby.
Make sure you wear clean undies - ALWAYS

*will add to the list later, this requires thinking *
Old 05-13-2003, 07:23 AM   #10
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

You've covered a lot of the angles there K

One thing tho'........money, the bedamned stuff is never worth fighting over........if the pair of yer have got it, great, decide how you're gonna spend it (hint for the lads......don't go out an buy a new car, never goes down well.......and yer've invariable bought the wrong kinda car ) and if ya don't have money.......don't fight about that either.....sometimes the most fun in a relationship comes from finding things to enjoy that don't require a second mortgage

Beatallica
Old 05-13-2003, 07:39 AM   #11
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
You've covered a lot of the angles there K

One thing tho'........money, the bedamned stuff is never worth fighting over........if the pair of yer have got it, great, decide how you're gonna spend it (hint for the lads......don't go out an buy a new car, never goes down well.......and yer've invariable bought the wrong kinda car ) and if ya don't have money.......don't fight about that either.....sometimes the most fun in a relationship comes from finding things to enjoy that don't require a second mortgage
Guess I'm an expert at making relationships work Told ye, I should become an agony aunty 'Ask Aunty K'

Yer right about the cash (right on the money honey ) - it's not worth fighting over and some of the funnest things are either free or dirt cheap anyway.

One cardinal rule I forgot to mention (this one's more for the ladies) - Sex is not a weapon, don't use it to get your own way.

Oh and if the relationship is in trouble, don't think having kids will help - children aren't band aids
Old 05-13-2003, 07:45 AM   #12
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
GAH! No kidding! ('hello? ...we're done... that's your side *points to other side of bed*... stop touching me... I'm trying to sleep here....'*rolls over and goes to sleep*) *hates it when guys are smothery*
Quote:
Never tell a woman your mother cooks better than her - if that's the case move back to mommy & have dinner there.
.....grrrrrr... I hate that... or when they call their mother from your phone asking for her recipe for what you're making. *steams*
Old 05-13-2003, 07:57 AM   #13
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
One cardinal rule I forgot to mention (this one's more for the ladies) - Sex is not a weapon, don't use it to get your own way
Y'see, I don't really see this as a big problem (actually, if a lass has to resort to that........pretty much time to call it a day anyway).

One for the fellas: Lads wake up somewhat, erm, excited everyday.........amazingly women occasionally don't........learn the benefits of hopping into the shower while the lass sleeps ....... this makes for a much more peacefull day

(although if you both wake up at the same time, it can be a different scenario all together )

Quote:
.....grrrrrr... I hate that... or when they call their mother from your phone asking for her recipe for what you're making. *steams*
Reminds me of another tip: Never forget the value of a good restaurant (especially when it's your turn to do the cooking)

Beatallica
Old 05-13-2003, 08:12 AM   #14
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
One for the fellas: Lads wake up somewhat, erm, excited everyday.........amazingly women occasionally don't........learn the benefits of hopping into the shower while the lass sleeps ....... this makes for a much more peacefull day
You could of course suggest she joins you for that shower & wash her back

Quote:
Reminds me of another tip: Never forget the value of a good restaurant (especially when it's your turn to do the cooking)
But then again - you won't die trying to cook Although, if the only thing you can make is French toast.....

And yup - another tip for the boys: Grooming is not just for girls, indoor plumbing - it's here to stay................, use it
Old 05-13-2003, 08:20 AM   #15
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
You could of course suggest she joins you for that shower & wash her back
Oh yes, all part of good household economy is sharing a shower (saves money on the heating).........and of course the shower only needs to be cleaned once after (just don't try it first thing on Sunday morning )

Quote:
But then again - you won't die trying to cook Although, if the only thing you can make is French toast.....
True, nothing wrong with trying........the restaurant is a safer option tho' (what men consider edible and what women do is usually very different IME )

Quote:
And yup - another tip for the boys: Grooming is not just for girls, indoor plumbing - it's here to stay................, use it
Yeah, grooming is ok (not too keen on being scruffy meself) but men need to pee outside........it's our nature, we are animals marking our territory (and yer don't get scolded fer peeing on the toilet seat when yer fertilising the garden)

Beatallica
Old 05-13-2003, 08:32 AM   #16
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Oh yes, all part of good household economy is sharing a shower (saves money on the heating).........and of course the shower only needs to be cleaned once after (just don't try it first thing on Sunday morning )
Ye see - if ye showered together more often ye'd have cash to spare at the end of the month, which could pay for those movie tickets or summin - no more fighting about cash

Also - share the household chores.....if you do the dishes, I'll watch you & make sure you don't miss a spot

Quote:
True, nothing wrong with trying........the restaurant is a safer option tho' (what men consider edible and what women do is usually very different IME )
As long as it's a decent restaurant (and a different one every time) - the local fast food outlet does not count! (If you were smart you'd order take away from a decent restaurant & have it delivered to your house, where you could dish it up & tell her you cooked - of course this will only work if it's the first time you're cooking for her)

Another tip - be honest - always

Quote:
Yeah, grooming is ok (not too keen on being scruffy meself)
Good - but there is something to be said for a 5 o' clock shadow...

Quote:
but men need to pee outside........it's our nature, we are animals marking our territory (and yer don't get scolded fer peeing on the toilet seat when yer fertilising the garden)
Well then, that's another economy factor - in stead of installing an expensive sprinkler system - just invite yer friends over for a pee in the garden
Old 05-13-2003, 08:44 AM   #17
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Also - share the household chores.....if you do the dishes, I'll watch you & make sure you don't miss a spot
This reminds me of another good tip: BUY A DISHWASHER! Fact of life: Women enjoy good dishware, and will buy expensive stuff but men WILL DROP DISHES AND BREAK THEM WHILE WASHING!
Honestly, even if ya have to sell yer mother-in-law to raise the cash, buy a dishwasher

Quote:
Another tip - be honest - always
Always?? .........even if someone asks how they look 2 mins before the taxi arrives?

Quote:
(If you were smart you'd order take away from a decent restaurant & have it delivered to your house, where you could dish it up & tell her you cooked - of course this will only work if it's the first time you're cooking for her)
Tried that once..........forgot to put the empty packets in the bin

Quote:
Good - but there is something to be said for a 5 o' clock shadow...
Yeah, it's usually "If yer want to kiss, you can bugger off and get a shave first" (I get stubble like wire-wool, not many ladies need their face exfoliating that badly )

Quote:
Well then, that's another economy factor - in stead of installing an expensive sprinkler system - just invite yer friends over for a pee in the garden
hehe, I put the excellent quality of my conifer bushes down to last years barbecues in my garden

Beatallica
Old 05-13-2003, 08:56 AM   #18
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
This reminds me of another good tip: BUY A DISHWASHER! Fact of life: Women enjoy good dishware, and will buy expensive stuff but men WILL DROP DISHES AND BREAK THEM WHILE WASHING!
Yup, this is true - buy a dishwasher and also, make her day - get someone to come in half day on a Tuesday to do the ironing....

Quote:
Honestly, even if ya have to sell yer mother-in-law to raise the cash, buy a dishwasher
Sell the mother-in-law anyway..........and buy a boat

Quote:
Always?? .........even if someone asks how they look 2 mins before the taxi arrives?
Yes, always............cept 2 minutes before the taxi arrives OK, it is sometimes better to tell miniature versions of the truth (in small packages, spread out over a few days)

*(I've decided next time I'm in court and the bailiff says "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth...", I'm gonna just tell him straight "Well actually, I prefer my truth in halves" )*

Quote:
Tried that once..........forgot to put the empty packets in the bin
You silly nana!

Quote:
Yeah, it's usually "If yer want to kiss, you can bugger off and get a shave first" (I get stubble like wire-wool, not many ladies need their face exfoliating that badly )
I still maintain, it can be nice sometimes........(tip though, keep it to the 5 o'clock, nothing more)

Quote:
hehe, I put the excellent quality of my conifer bushes down to last years barbecues in my garden
Wonder if Lizra will share this particular gardening tip?
Old 05-13-2003, 10:13 AM   #19
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

WHOA!!!! Is it just me, or has the Women's thread come back swinging?

Quote:
Or don't tell her....

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:19 AM   #20
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
WHOA!!!! Is it just me, or has the Women's thread come back swinging?
What do you mean? I've stayed on topic haven't I?

*reads thread from top*

I don't see what you mean Gwai...............we did stay on topic, every post contains some 'wisdom' re relationships.......