Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2001, 08:56 PM   #1
SilvaRanger

Saw a Lord of Rings model today anyone knowmore?

In a comic and D&D shop, I saw a boxed Lord of Rings model, it was called the Dark Lord of the Nazgul, by toy vault, I think. With "flashing eyes", looked a bit rubbish, nice box though Here in England I have never seen anything like this before.
Anyone know any more about models like this? Are they new ones to do with the new movie? Or older ones?
I'd like to know more about LoTR models generally too, if anyone has any info, thanks.
Old 01-22-2001, 01:47 AM   #2
Grand Admiral Reese

Re: Saw a Lord of Rings model today anyone knowmore?

I've seen that guy online, but never in a store. I think the "flashing eyes" bit deals with the fact the only part you can see of him are his red eyes, so they made them glowing to be "scary".
Old 01-22-2001, 03:34 AM   #3
mmteixeira

Do you mean action figure?

Toy Vault has released a whole line of action figures - including 3 different Lord of the Nazgul figures. If you hold the figure under a light the eyes glow red. They have released Frodo, Gandalf, Gimli, Galadriel, Ugluk, Gollum, the Balrog, and the barrow Wight.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-22-2001, 03:36 AM   #4
mmteixeira

Sorry - forgot the URL

www.middleearthtoys.com/

For a look at the series of action figures. I have them here. I think they are pretty cool looking.
Old 01-24-2001, 07:25 PM   #5
SilvaRanger

Re: Sorry - forgot the URL

Thanks for the link and the info