Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-21-2002, 07:58 PM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul Rolling Stone's Elijah Wood Interview

Just figured I'd let you guys know that Rolling Stone Magazine has an interview with Elijah Wood.

Some of the interesting points. After getting drunk in New Zealand him and Dominic Monaghan pissed in a fountain statue that was annoying Elijah Wood.

He wants to get a tatoo of the wound Frodo received on Weathertop.

He wants to keep Sting once it's finished being used for some additional work.

Some other behind the scenes stuff I can't say on entmoot - such as the the name of the winnebago and why it was named that and what Cate Blanchett's nickname was.

I'll leave others to add other things that were mentioned in the article or you can read it yourself.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-21-2002 at 08:00 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 08:27 PM   #2
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well dadgummit, jerseydevil, leave out the INTERESTING bits! LOL!

I'd be interested in reading what he thought of making the film. Did he have anything to say about Two Towers or Return of the King?
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 09:35 PM   #3
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Nothing specific about Two Towers or Return of the King. He did mention that it was harder to get into the darker side of Frodo in TT and ROTK.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:49 AM   #4
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

*gasps* Oh, I think I know what you're talking about with the Winnebago, JD! my friend told me she read some article where they kept saying that word over and over, and saying ****abego instead of Winnebago. It was scaring her!

*NOTE* I did not just cuss above, I put the stars there on purpose

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 10:04 AM   #5
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Where did you read it? I wanna read it!!!!
~Rosie~
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:21 AM   #6
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

I just found it on the net, Rosie...kinda shocking if you ask me...anyways, lemme go find the address for ya.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-26-2002, 11:22 AM   #7
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

Okey doke, here it is.

Elijah Wood interview

Old 03-26-2002, 05:34 PM   #8
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I see where you're comin' from Galadriel with the swearing and stuff. But if you can look past all that Elijah seems like a REALLY cool guy. I thought the story about the house and kitchen was really cute.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 07:38 PM   #9
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

Yeah, you're right, beyond all that he does seem rather cool, and nice. It just really shocked me at first though, cause I'd never really seen that side of him before. Although I did know that he smokes. I just always thought he was kinda, well, good. *sighs* Not too many of those kinda people who are famous these days, I guess...

Old 03-27-2002, 10:54 AM   #10
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Wow....I always pictured him as this perfect, nice person. He still seems like a nice guy, but a lot different than what I pictured. Thanks Galadriel88. Well, past the rather....well....rude part, he does seem like a cool guy.
Rosie
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 02:33 PM   #11
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

My thoughts exactly, Rosie.

Old 03-29-2002, 01:41 PM   #12
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Wow! Thanks!

Awwww. That's really sad about his father.

Its sounds like they had such a lot of fun! I like the way Dominic was there too, pissing up the fountain!

I can JUST imagine Liv's face!!!

hee hee!

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote