Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-30-2002, 10:31 AM   #1
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Make-up on women, good idea, or bad?

(As a counter question to "What do you think of men who cry?")

Guys.......What do you think of make-up on women?

( Ladies, feel free to voice your opions also. )

Last edited by Lizra : 06-30-2002 at 10:33 AM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 02:24 PM   #2
azalea
Long lost mooter

I don't like makeup, but for me it's kind of a necessary evil.

It kind of weirds me out to think about it, I mean smearing mud all over my face for what reason? But I do it anyway.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 02:28 PM   #3
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I like make-up on women. Some women really need it, and if I see them without it, I'll think to myself that they need to put some on. Most women put it on, which is fine, but look good without it. And then some women don't need make-up to look beautiful. In general, I say make-up is a good thing.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 03:00 PM   #4
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
And then some women don't need make-up to look beautiful. In general,
Those are the best!
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 03:15 PM   #5
Radagast
Elven Warrior

Speaking as a man I don't like make up on women; beauty can't be made by smearing creame and lotion on a face...
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.
Radagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 03:22 PM   #6
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

There's a few Things i don't like on women.

Make up

jewerly

big hair

perfume

I lik'em all natural.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 04:07 PM   #7
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Well, obviously it depends on the woman...

This is a joke. It may sound harsh :

Why do woman wear make-up and perfume?
'Cos they ugly and they stink.

Haha. Hahahahaha. Hahaha.

I see that no-one is impressed. On my way.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 05:37 PM   #8
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Generally I don't wear makeup (thus far anyway.) I tend to only pile on the crap for a job interview, or going out - call me lazy but I can't be arsed putting the stuff on in the first place, and I guess I'm young enough to not need it yet. As for perfume, I DO like wearing it, but I only tend to wear it occasionally, as it *is* quite expensive stuff!
Old 06-30-2002, 05:41 PM   #9
Elvet
Elven Warrior

Make-up was never something I was comfortable wearing. I will use some if I dress up for a formal function, but then only eye stuff and lip color. I don't carry a purse either, so maybe it was born of necessity.

Make-up, perfume, hair color and style, and for that matter - jewelry and clothing - are all part of our repetoir for physical self expression. Liking it or not on others isn't near as important as how the person using it feels about themselves ( with or without it ).

Last edited by Elvet : 06-30-2002 at 07:32 PM.
Elvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 07:12 PM   #10
mirrille
Elven Warrior

I wear make-up sometimes, when I have to be pretty. Better to have people have a "normal" impression of you, so you can knock 'em dead when you put some on for formal occasion or a night on the town than have to keep a "perfect" face all the time and scare them with your ugly face on the one day you slept in and didn't have time to make-up.
I used to at least put on concealer and mascara before leaving the house, even for school, but lately I've gotten lazy. Not getting enough sleep.
I still like to get that surprised feeling of looking in the mirror and seeing a prettier, more polished look than normal. It's the same feeling for when you dress in street clothes normally, and put on a fancy dress for a special occasion and say, "wow! I didn't know I could look so nice. "
If I did the whole make-up routine every day, the novelty would wear off.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 07:50 PM   #11
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

mirrile

of all women on the plant i feel that asian women look the most un-natural in jewerly and make up. and especially with big hair.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 06-30-2002, 08:46 PM   #12
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Hmmm...
AE,
I could be offended by the blanket statement, especially with the racial overtones.
But instead, I'll reassure you that I, as an individual, look pretty on a good hair/skin day, and look stunning even on a not-so-good day with a little bit of tastefully applied make-up and some cute jewellery. And contact lenses. Those help alot.
Haha!
Bop,
I don't really like perfume. I would be afraid of using too much. It's expensive, but I could never imagine anyone using up a whole bottle. You need so little at a time, and if you only use it for special occasions...
I do have a thing for cute little perfume bottles though...it's almost a shame I don't like the stuff, or I could start a bottle collection.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 09:37 PM   #13
azalea
Long lost mooter

I can't wear perfume anymore because about 8 years ago I developed allergies and it makes me sneeze. My husband hates it anyway.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 10:57 PM   #14
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by emplynx
Those are the best!
I agree.

One thing I do like on women is red lipstick. I'm not talking maroon or pink, I mean RED lipstick.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 11:21 PM   #15
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
I could be offended by the blanket statement, especially with the racial overtones.
actually I thought about that and that I why I came back to this forum, but you had posted first.

You should take it as a compliment. as that asian women to ME as a whole are very natural as a whole and it just mars their beauty.

That's one thing I liked about the girls in Australia and Western Canada. Maybe not Vancouver. They didn't need that stuff and were beautiful.

Its just my perference

'Dern Helm"

Old 07-01-2002, 02:34 AM   #16
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I generally like women who don't wear make up. On formal occasions, I think they have to the way you just have to if it goes well with the businesss attire or if you're in front of a TV camera and spotlights where it makes you look really pale.

None of he women here at the office wear make-up except the receptionist. But everyone looks really good without em. BTW, our european clients think we're all teenagers but our youngest co-emplyee is 22.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 09:02 AM   #17
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I find make up a really strange thing. I hate it now that I'm "older". I think women with a lot of makeup (I call it fake up!) look like wooden puppet heads. I guess the part I mean is the foundation/blush part. Yuck! I will use lip color or a touch of eye liner if I want to look "enhanced" My make up must look natural though, or it comes off as kind of pathetic looking! When I was in high school, I piled it high to the ceiling. I think I wanted attention, can't remember. I also wanted to hide pimples! I have a friend who sells expensive cosmetics, I think she is scary looking. One tube of lipstick seems to last a lifetime!.
My husband likes it when I wear make up (a little bit), I think it's just exciting that I'm trying to "pretty" myself up. My mom tells me to pile it on or my hubby will look at other women!! Ha, fat chance. I think women are naturally beautiful, even when they're not "beautiful". Young women are particularly beautiful, no matter what they look like. Plus, it's funny,women are prettier than men (usually) so why don't men wear make'up.?

I do like perfume, (good smelling stuff, there's some real stinky stuff out there!). Sometimes, my little boy will tell me I smell all "pretty", I figure he wouldn't lie. White musk from the "body shop"is good.

Last edited by Lizra : 07-01-2002 at 09:07 AM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 09:07 AM   #18
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Plus, it's funny,women are prettier than men (usually) so why don't men wear make'up.?
That's a freaking good point! That gives me ideas... *eyes BF in the corner of the room*
Old 07-01-2002, 01:28 PM   #19
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Because I don't wear makeup to school, or do my hair, really, I get to sleep in at least 45 minutes more than some of my friends. My school is in another town, so I have to take the bus (lack of a car) and get ready earlier than my friends that live right next to the school, right?

Well, I found out a friend of mine gets up an hour and a half earlier than me (during non-jazz choir season) to do her hair.

Makeup is annoying, and it itches. I wear it for play productions, jazz choir competition, dances, and fancy events with family. My hair is in a ponytail almost everyday. When I want it to look different, I braid it. Easy easy.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:33 PM   #20
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Depends on the woman. ]: )