Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-20-2001, 10:34 PM   #1
fatclown
Hobbit

Warhammer LOTR?

Has anyone here played Warhammer? Well I have been checking out some games workshop websites and there have been annoucements that they will be creating a Lord of the Rings Warhammer type system! IT will feature all the heros plus normal orcs and elves so you can battle them out! I think it comes out november 7th. Anyone else have info on this? I'm new to the system but i like it over DnD. It is alot more simple and still fun!
fatclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 12:40 AM   #2
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

I've seen a bit on it, though haven't been actively looking into it. The models are fantastic, and the game mechanics are much simpler than warhammer. I posted a link to the site in... the middle earth section, maybe? Or just go to www.games-workshop.com and search around for the LotR page.
Old 11-14-2001, 05:09 PM   #3
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

RE

the older editions of Warhammer were mint, particularly Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd edition which was a rpg/skirmish game.

Since then though with each new edition the game has become over simplified and lost much of its depth.

The good thing about the Lord of the Rings game is that it's been written by Rick Priestly, one of the original old school writers of Warhammer.

However if you're looking for accurate portrayels of characters in the book you probably won't like it too much. I hear Elrond could easily be killed by a handful of orcs in the game whereas in the books i think someone like Elrond is virtualy unkillable by even a legion of Orcs.
Captain Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 09:22 AM   #4
Agburanar
Elf Lord

It's a great game. The Balrog is hard as nails and the models are very ggod generally, better than I could do anyway! I don't like the Elrond model but the Nazgul and most of the others are great. You gotta remember it's based on the film so if you don't like the way they've done something in the film you won't like the way they've done it in the game, but there's always the conversions! I bought the game as sson as it came out and I'm working on a Moria goblin army, with a scratchbuilt Balrog, where every model is different!
Agburanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 10:43 AM   #5
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

trying to get my mom to let me buy it,

my dad is helping me.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 10:47 PM   #6
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Got it!

"LORD of the RINGS
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

A STRATEGY BATTLE GAME"

it is so cool looking, I cant weaght to play it.
Old 11-17-2001, 03:01 PM   #7
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Well i just got this really cool idea!

you know how they set it up so that you can do things like "the last alliance of elvis and men" ?

well I'm going to set up the Valar and Melcore and Shelob and stuff!!!!!

that way i can have the Valar and Melcore (with lots of balrogs and stuff!) fight, heheheh!

then i might give shelob an army of her own! (so three peeps can play it!).

well anyway thats my crazy idea for the weekend.

i doubt it will work, but I WILL TRY!!

yours truly,

Tessar the insane Elvin minstril with way to much time on his hands.
Old 11-20-2001, 04:57 PM   #8
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Shoot, this is harder than i thought.

do i make them (the valar) way more powerful than the balrog? (the curent one) or do i scale every thing down?

you know, give that balrogs normal orc stats, give the valar gandalfish powers...

AAAAAAAAAAA! WHAT DO I DO?!
Old 12-04-2001, 05:25 AM   #9
Agburanar
Elf Lord

Get this:

Does anyone know the old 'Heroquest' and 'Advanced Heroquest' games? I've got two 'Heroquest' boards and a load of other pieces from 'AH' and I've built....

Moria!

I tried to play the fellowship's journey but the first hour (it's a big board) was very boring, not enough encounters with goblins. I think it would be better to fight Balin and co.s battle to drive out the orcs. Are dwarf warriors (other than kings) coming out anytime?
Agburanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:45 AM   #10
Nilore
Elven Warrior

Location: I am every where and I am no where, I am everyone and I am no-one! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
I collect Warhammer 40,000- TAU. I thins its cool. I was gonna start collecting thje LotR series but after they've stopped making the films and merchandise comes down then they will stop making it and it will be hard to find anyone to battle with.

Raise the Phial of Galadriel and let the Star Glass of Lothlorian cast out the Darkness of Shelob's Lair.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naur an edraith ammen! Naur dan i ngaurholth!

There was a roar and a crackle, and the tree above him burst into a leaf and bloom of blinding flame. The whole hill was crowned with a dazzling light!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bhûl latu dûmp

Accept Your DOOM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DIE MERE MORTALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh NO I AM A MERE MORTAL

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stop the NUKE Stop the NUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nilore writes last will and testament.

Gets on knees

And begs God for Mercy.

Realizes He's already dead

Flies up to heaven ( By the power of Red Bull) and lives happily ever after. THE END

( It's a MINI adventure)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nilore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 12:12 PM   #11
Nilore
Elven Warrior

Location: I am every where and I am no where, I am everyone and I am no-one! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Shouldn't this be in General messages?

Raise the Phial of Galadriel and let the Star Glass of Lothlorian cast out the Darkness of Shelob's Lair.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naur an edraith ammen! Naur dan i ngaurholth!

There was a roar and a crackle, and the tree above him burst into a leaf and bloom of blinding flame. The whole hill was crowned with a dazzling light!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bhûl latu dûmp

Accept Your DOOM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DIE MERE MORTALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh NO I AM A MERE MORTAL

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stop the NUKE Stop the NUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nilore writes last will and testament.

Gets on knees

And begs God for Mercy.

Realizes He's already dead

Flies up to heaven ( By the power of Red Bull) and lives happily ever after. THE END

( It's a MINI adventure)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nilore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:32 AM   #12
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Moving to entertainment forum.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #13
Soothand
Sapling

Now you see the problem with Citadel games. They tend to put so much of thier focus on the figure production that 10 minutes before the game is due out the door, they remember that rules have to go with them!
If you want a fun, playable, easy to run game system, get your hands on Chipco's 'Fantasy Rules'. They are not tied to any miniatures line so you can play with the figures you want. I have a mixture of Games workshop, Ral Partha and Reaper miniatures in my wood elf army.
Soothand is offline   Reply With Quote