Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

The Tale of Sky Blue

(This is just an idea I'm coming up with, so I'll be posting each new piece as I write them. I hope whoever reads this will enjoy it .)

Not all tales of Faerie are of giddy princesses and happilly-ever-afters. One should not forget that with every light there is a shadow, and for good to exist there must be an evil. This story, the tale of Sky Blue, is one such shadow. You say you never heard of Sky Blue? It is no surprise. By far his sister is more famous, and it is possible that you've heard of her. Hers is the light of this shadow, and whilst it is celebrated as a tale of hope and happiness, his is one of toil and sorrow. It begins with death and new life; a fair enough exchange by some measures. His mother died giving birth to twins: a daughter and a son. The two were separated at birth; the maiden was sent to a kingdom in the fair south, but the boy was taken to the cruel northern lands. At that time the world beyond the borders of civilization was beset by many evils, and the very act of survival was a challenge only the hardiest overcame. Yet the boy was strong, and under the hidden watch of the powers that had brought him into the wild he grew quickly. It was at the age of seventeen years that he began to feel a tugging at his heart to go south and explore the lands unknown to him. At nineteen, he found the call to be irrisistible, and at last he heeded his heart though he knew not what awaited him. After many days of lonely wandering he came to the kingdom that lay at the world's center, to the place of his birth; though, he knew not that he came thence. It was there that this tale truly begins.

Last edited by Tuinor : 03-10-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote