Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Aerin had been a few days in the plains of Anórien. Though she quite enjoyed the solitude, she did notice the sameness of everything. Every so often, a creek or tree would appear before her and she would be glad to see something other than grass for a while.

She mused about this. Magor, her friend, had taken her to see many sights in Middle Earth that she'd never planned on seeing. Though most of her time in Rohan had been with villagers who were excited to see an Elf, never having seen one before, she had glimpsed the White Mountains both afar off and up close. Magor had taken her to the Glittering Caves as well. Then in Gondor, of course, she'd seen the Argonath and Minas Tirith, both glorious monuments to the work of men. And of course she'd grown up in Lothlorien, full of Elven wonder, mystery and beauty, thanks to the Lady Galadriel.

Naturally, she thought. If there are great and mighty works to be seen, then it stands to reason that there must be un-great and un-mighty works, which in themselves are worth seeing for very different reasons.

And with that, she began to look at the plains around her very closely, trying to discuss with Glaeren what those reasons for worth might be in this very lonely and plain place.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 06-24-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Midge is offline   Reply With Quote