Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-24-2002, 11:28 AM   #1
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

What religeon are you?

I did a search on this and there wasn't one so don't close this Mods and admins!

What religeon are you? What Race are you? where did your family originate?

p.s. I don't want any arguments or racism in this thread!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 11:43 AM   #2
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Hobbit, The Shire ......Oh FINE All right

I'm supposed to be Christian, England in Hull(I actually live in Sandbach) Some type of an alien or plain stupid Human.
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 11:50 AM   #3
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

don't be silly!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 12:19 PM   #4
Elf Girl
Lurker

My family is not religious, so I am free to believe in Eru and the Ainur.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 12:22 PM   #5
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Druid.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:37 PM   #6
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Christian,caucasian, and my family originated in Aberdeen Scotland i think and somewhere else in Scotland and some other places like Germany and i can't remember the others. or is that what you meant by originate?
Old 12-25-2002, 10:22 AM   #7
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

my mum's side is Catholic and my dad's side is Christian, but is there much difference, is there???
and my family origionate from England.
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 10:37 AM   #8
Millane
The Dude

me folks arent religious and i was given the choice to be religious or no and i chose no, the race is Australian male (were an intirely different race) and i got parts of me from everywhere, me Grandma's Irish and me Grandpas German (odd i know but i dont see em so meh) then i got swedish and scottish from somewhere... i dont know a few people on my fathers side could pass for Hobbits coz there is summit that a few small folk crop up every now and then (me great grand dad one the melb cup... he was the jockey )
as for religion i think i will give my views, i guess im anti christian because we get it rammed down our throats at school (not at home thank god) and we have to go to Religious Assemblies still (when your 16, 17 and 18 your probly old enough to decide for yourself) and they preach about how god gave us a certain amount of hours a day and how we must be precious about our time (they force us to sit in a chair and pretend to listen each week) and then they talk about how the school beleives in christian ethics about the sins and what not... wasnt Buddhism 500 years earlier than christianity...
and one more thing all these christians go off fighting wars and crap in the middle ages for Jeebus and then 1000 years down the track modern day christianity just disowns them and shifts the blame elsewhere...
if i was gunna be religious i would be a Rasta
Old 12-25-2002, 12:05 PM   #9
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

do you go to a private school ,millane? cause unless unless something happened i didn't hear about, prayer's not allowed inpublic schools in America.'course you're not in America. my brother got in trouble when he was little for bringing his Bible to school.he was in kindergarten i think. in fact in new york there's a school that has Hannaka and other holiday decorations,but they're not allowed to have anything to do with Christmas. i'm pretty sure that's what it was anyway. and people are trying to get the ten commandments out of court rooms and all kinds of stuff. that's one reason i was in a private school so i could pray and bring my Bible to school and learn more about God and stuff. anyway my point is Christianity deffinately isn't pushed down your throat in america. unless it's by strangers on the street or something and those people who come to your door and then come in and tell you all about they're church.
Old 12-25-2002, 12:22 PM   #10
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I grew up Greek and Roman Catholic. Went to Catholic school pretty much all my life. Currently atheist although I went to midnight mass at my old school and church last night.

I'm white and American.

My ancestors came over through Ellis Island from Italy, Ireland, Poland, Czechoslovakia and Russia.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 01:09 PM   #11
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I'm just a typical catholic from the Philippines. A lot of catholics here have their own individual ideas about their beliefs and we don't take everything that the priests tell us literally.
I'm primarily of malay descent but I have a bit of spanish blood on my mom's side and some chinese from my dad's side.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 03:49 PM   #12
kiwi
Elven Warrior

No one in my family are religious. Don't know why? just aren't.
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 04:58 PM   #13
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I am a non denominational Christian, which means I dotn belong to any specific group of Christians (like Baptist or Presbyterian or anything). I just believe what the bible says is true, and I listen to it and follow it as best as humanly possible.
On me mums side: Irish, German, and English (grandmums maiden name was McSharry). Everyone on tha' bloomin' side of the family has fair celtic skin.
On me Da's side: Scandinavian, Norse, and German so everyone THERE has fair skin too.
My mums granda was from Ireland while her dads mum (her paternal grandmum) was german nobility(her dad was perussian officer), then I think way back we go into English royalty a bit. Interesting geneology really. Lot'sa fun to figure out, but then there's the hobbit comin' out in me
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 07:19 PM   #14
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Quote:
Originally posted by samwise of the shire
I am a non denominational Christian, which means I dotn belong to any specific group of Christians (like Baptist or Presbyterian or anything). I just believe what the bible says is true, and I listen to it and follow it as best as humanly possible.
Yeah, same for me. I'm a Christian and so happy that I am! I am a white female, and my family comes from Scotland, England, and Poland, and a few other European countries prolly, but these are the ones I know for sure.

ooh! this is my 300th post!

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 11:12 PM   #15
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

What a coincidence! I am also a non-denominational Christian. Three of us in a row!

I am a white male; my mother is basically a melting pot, and my father is half German, half English. Since his English mother was adopted (by Germans, btw), we don't really know anything about the bloodline that way. His father's family was quite old, and if I remember correctly, members of our family once lived in the same town as Martin Luther. I'm not into genealogy much, though, so I'm not sure.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 11:53 PM   #16
TinuvielChild
Padawan

My family's Presbyterian, but me? I'm sorta nowhere religious. Nominally I'm Christian, and I do believe in some sort of higher power, but my personal leanings favor paganism/druidry, yada yada yada. Old religions. The ones that were around before Christianity. Wicca's a load of bull, but hey, whatever. My family: (do you want the full list? Okay, you asked for it! I pretend to be an elf, but I'm a true hobbit, at least when it comes to genealogies)

On my dad's side, it's mostly Scots-Irish (Northern Ireland, though; County Antrim), with some English and Dutch thrown in, and a pinch of German. My mum is German/Czech, through and through. Czechoslovakian, Prussian, Bohemian (real Bohemian, not the fake junk that seems to be "in style" right now), and German. My great-grandmother was born in Germany, 1891, and came to the USA, 1893. Yeah.

That answer all your questions?

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 12:51 AM   #17
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti
Elven Warrior

Quote:
my mum's side is Catholic and my dad's side is Christian, but is there much difference, is there???
Catholic are a denomination of Christianity, so there is no difference at all.

I am a Lutheran Christian. I'm a true American in-so-far-as I am a mutt. I got roots all over. Mostly from Europe. Some Mongolian (which is weird.)

My friends are convinced I am African-American, but I'm caucasion.

"Vires decusque."
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 01:03 AM   #18
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
My mums granda was from Ireland while her dads mum (her paternal grandmum) was german nobility(her dad was perussian officer), then I think way back we go into English royalty a bit. Interesting geneology really.
My mom did her side of the geneology and it's REALLY interesting. In fact the O'Roarks used to have a castle and stuff and we're somewhere along the line linked to royalty.but not english.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:15 AM   #19
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

I'm a white Brit (I was going to say Caucasian, but I've never even been to Caucasia, never mind claiming it as my race ).

Religion: Pagan (mother is a Methodist Christian, Dad is Pagan).

Genealogy: (Dad's parents) Grandfather originated, and lived most of his life, in Co. Killkenny Ireland.
Grandmother, French (don't have a clue which area, her family came to the UK during WW1)

(Mothers Parents): Grandfather's family originated in Ireland but lived in Scotland for several generations before moving to Britain.
Grandmother, British.

My great-great Grandmother, on my mothers side, was Russian......any further back than that I don't know

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 12-26-2002 at 01:16 AM.
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 08:20 AM   #20
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I'm a believer. That's right. I believe in her majesty, the IPU.

A white believer, that is, with Irish and Dutch clotting.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote