Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
ringbearer
Elf Lord

Coming this fall..."Secretariat"!!!

If you do not know, Secretariat is considered by many to be the Greatest Race-horse of all time. He won the "Triple Crown" in 1973. His clinching victory in The Belmont Stakes is unbelievable!

Kentucky Derby: Last to first! Still standing track record!
Preakness: Last to first! Official Timer machine malfunctioned but all race enthusiasts know he also has that record!
Bellmont Stakes: Shattered track record by 2.35 seconds and beat the field by...are you ready?: THIRTY ONE LENGTHS!!!

First non-human in ESPN's Top 100 Athletes of the 20th Century...#35!

After autopsy, it was discovered his heart weighed over 22 pounds! The largest ever recorded!

Watch some You Tube videos: He was so amazing it will make you cry!

Hide Witch, hide!
The Good Folks come to burn thee!
Their keen enjoyment hid behind
A Gothic mask of duty!
ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:44 AM   #2
OldHippie
Elven Warrior

I guess I'm an old fart but I watched Secretariat win the Triple Crown. What a horse.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I saw the races in real time, too, and I echo OldHippie - what a horse. I still cry every time I see Secretariat's Belmont ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
ringbearer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post
I saw the races in real time, too, and I echo OldHippie - what a horse. I still cry every time I see Secretariat's Belmont ...
I cannot understand this...I cry too! What causes this? I was showing youtube vids to my Wife and Daughter and I just start crying...maybe I should just wait until the DVD comes out...do not want to be crying too much in the theatre...
I know the movie will focus alot on the horse owner...but I hope it is mostly horse!

Hide Witch, hide!
The Good Folks come to burn thee!
Their keen enjoyment hid behind
A Gothic mask of duty!
ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:47 AM   #5
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I think great beauty and great sorrow move us to tears, and there is just something so beautiful about horses running, and that race is just so amazing ... he just seemed to have a lot of heart - moreso than many racehorses.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 06-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
Rían

I'm not sure what they'll make a movie out of, tho - horse wins race, horse wins race, horse wins race, etc. etc.

But they'll make up something, I"m sure!