Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2008, 09:22 PM   #11
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesabrandybuck View Post
I dont see why they are splitting the last film into two parts. Why put so much effort to make the movie perfect now instead of them all? No one is going to know what they are talking about (as far as movie-goers go). I asked my friends who just watch the movies and they said that they were lost in film five. Yes, I appriciate the effort they are going through to make the DH perfect, I just dont understand why they stopped after film two.
A) I think splitting the final film in two, they're clearly hoping to make more profit and prolong the success of the franchise, as well as appear to and hopefully actually appease and please the fans.

B) I read this from producer David Heyman the other day (emphasis mine):

DAVID HEYMAN: They will be very faithful to the book. On of the pleasures of having the time to make two films means we will be able to go into more detail than we might otherwise have been able to do. If we had only done one film we were concerned that we might have to remove The Deathly Hallows. We never went that far but that would have been something that might have had to come out, which would have been terrible! The script is coming along well; I have read the first half of the adaptation. I have not read the second half, that should be coming in the next few weeks.

C) That would be ludicrous!