Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Lilly was so happy to see good old Buz! She rested snugly in Buzukkumarz's arms, while Jas was taking his leave. Then she replied in thought:

"Oh, Buz! Udu was so MEAN to me! I did nothing, I was nice, I even helped him today! I was only joking, teasing him, but he has no sense of humour! He made this awful spell to hurt me! I nearly died. And then he tried to drown me in wine! Ah Buz, you must defend me!"

Buzukkumarz frowned, but hesitated to start a row with one of his fellows in a public place. Instead, he poured all the company more wine.

Udu heard Lilly's thought "Now dare to harm me, you, horn ulkûrz sulmûrz (evil aggressive beast)!"
Old 12-15-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Valandil lay staring at the ceiling of his bed chamber. Sleep eluded him, or his mind raced too far ahead of it. Why had he said he loved Aiwendis? Because he did! Why did he love her? He could not say…

He had gone to bed late and still could get no sleep. At last, he pushed his covers aside and leapt forth from his bed. He began to dress hurriedly. He pulled a trunk from a corner and opened the lid. Isildur’s sword was not all that had been recovered from the banks of Anduin that spring, while Valandil was still a lad. He drew forth his father’s armour and began to place it upon himself. It seemed fitting somehow. Here was a helm, meant to replace the one damaged at Orodruin, and kept for Isildur at Rivendell, yet Isildur never saw it. Valandil then buckled the great sword belt about his waist, with the scabbard and the Sword Ithilmegil. ‘Come, my now silent friend.’ He said to the sword in his thought. Over all, he wrapped his great cloak and slipped out into the darkness.

Leaving the grounds of his Tharbad estate, he crept through the dark deserted streets of the city. At last, he came to the entrance of the University. From there, in the shadows, on to the estate of Arandel… home of the Chancellor, his cousin Ilmenzor.

No guards were about, but Valandil was breathing heavily, and his eyes searching this way and that to ensure that he was not seen. He stood off to one side of the entrance of the mansion for what seemed an eternity, against the very walls of the house. At last, he drew forth the sword, beheld it as he held it before himself, then cast his cloak aside and made for the door.

The house was unlocked – strange that. And still, no guards on duty. At last the sword seemed to speak to him once more, not with words, but with impressions – guiding him to the nearest stair – up to the floor above, down a corridor, to a great door. Then it spoke to his mind in words, “This one… behind this door shall you find her.”

He tried the door – locked. He pounded on it with the sword, and then began to throw his weight against it. After four or five tries with all his might, he could tell that the heavy hinges were beginning to give way.

- - - - - -

Aiwendis screamed as she sat bolt upright in bed at the pounding on her bedroom door. Then all at once the door crashed open, and there stood Isildur – come for her again as he had been at Orodruin, all in his armour, face hidden by his helm, his great sword raised high. He recovered his balance from breaking down the door and looked upon her. She felt fear, and tried to call upon her ring, but it did not respond. Did she not really wish it to?

- - - - - -

Valandil burst through the door and saw Aiwendis sitting upright in her bed, her face showing her fear of her intruder. He stepped toward her and removed his helm. She did not smile, but the fear left her face and was replaced by something else… and she stretched out her arms toward him. He sat on the bed beside her and took her into his arms. As they embraced, he felt her lips begin to caress his neck, his ear, his cheek.

- - - - - -

Aiwendis watched in horror as Isildur raised his sword. He struck her and she had no pain, for she lost all feeling. Yet she could open her eyes – and she saw the figure of Isildur standing over her. He laughed, and stopped to remove his helm. There was the face of Valandil – yet the expression of hatred was like that of his father Isildur at Orodruin. He took the sword back up to finish her.

And then she awoke.

- - - - - -

Valandil sat bolt upright in his bed. He looked about himself – and all was still. He was in his own room – no Aiwendis, dressed still in his sleeping clothes. He had been dreaming then… so he had slept. There, across the room, the sword Ithilmegil gleamed as it caught the light of the waning Moon coming through an open window.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 12-17-2005 at 09:18 AM. Reason: posting
Old 01-21-2006, 12:44 AM   #3
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Frozen in time, Tolvadok watched helplessly as Lily burst into tears, intensifying the already horrible expression on Buz's face. Then, suddenly his helplessness changed into a fury as great as the one gripping Buz. Righteous anger at being an innocent nazgul, who had only tried to follow orders, and any second now Lily would be accusing him of nameless horrors!

"Oh, just stop the waterworks, will you?" He savagely shouted.

Of course, that had the opposite effect, and the volume actually increased a notch or two. She was now sobbing with a simpering expression on her face, but being very careful that very few tears actually escaped her eyes, otherwise her nose would become red, and that'd be a disaster! Buz looked tenderly at her and murmured, "What did he do to you, my poppet?"

"Come on, Buz, can't you see she's not really crying, she's just faking it? Tears only work on mortals! Can't you tell that her real emotions at this moment are triumph and joy?"

Buz was preparing to lunge at him, when it suddenly occured to him that if he blotted out the noisy tears, the only anger and resentment in the room came from Tol, whereas Lily- Lily was radiating joy...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 01-21-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:09 AM   #4
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
6 of the Shree-Kryhnn went outside the citywalls to forage for live bait, them being partial to it, and the remaining half-dozen remained inside continuing their nightly predatory expeditions.

There appeared to be something in the works. They had heard rumours of a pirate fleet sailing up the river, and was now savouring the thought of the expected windfall to come, of wounded soldiers on whom they could feast.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 01-21-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:54 AM   #5
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Orrodel, Tuesday evening

"What are you scheming now, Lilly" asked Buz, his voice slurred from emotion. "What is this game again?"

Lully's face turned an ugly mask of anger "To Ungoliant with you both! You never loved me, Buz, if you are staying aside while this little scoundrel tries to rape me! And don't you come into my bedroom anymore!" With that, she violently slammed shut the remnants of the door, and made a regal retreat upstairs to her room.

Buz looked helplessly at Tol. The other was still shaking from anger, but soon managed to appear calm again, looking back defiantly. Buzukkumarz disliked Tolvadok, (well, who didn't?), but Buz also knew that Tol was stern and grim and certainly not a woman luster. There was many a salacious joke going around about his and Khamul' chastity...

Buz shook his head and went to the wine cabinet. He produced two large goblets and two bottles of Dorwinion.

"Sit down, man', he said pouring the wine,"and explain to me what you want here in Orrodel and what in Angband you and Lil were doing there on the floor?"
Old 01-21-2006, 11:29 AM   #6
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Tolvadok took the proferred goblet and tipped it all in at once. He did not enjoy drinking, but after that encounter, he felt he needed the drink. Buz refilled his goblet in silent sympathy. He knew more than anyone else how much one needed a drink after dealing with Lily... as a result, he himself was almost perpetually drunk.

Tolvadok, meanwhile was feeling friendlier to Buz than he had ever done. He shuddered to think what he might have done, if Buz hadn't rescued him in time. But, now he had some explaining to do. He hoped he wouldn't get the same reaction as with Lily, but this time, no matter the outcome, he wouldn't try any polite sweet-talking... he would just state the facts as they were, and Buz could do what he wanted about it.

"Yesterday, I had a conference with the Morgul Lord, and he told me that he was putting me in charge of Orrodel in the stead of Khamul. After some delibaeration, we decided that the best way to install me here- without causing undue suspicion, would be for me to come as a member of the staff. So, I am your new housekeeper, and I'm also in charge here." This last he said with a flat tone of authority, as if daring Buz to challenge his right to be there, as Lily had done. Buz said nothing, so he went on.

"When I came here for my interview, and told Lily of this, she flared up, and attacked me, and her... bodice tore, purely accidentally, and then you came and discovered us. And thats the simple truth."

And it was the truth... almost. He did not mention that he and Lily had almost kissed, partly because he had no wish to give the jealous Penny any reason to suspect him... but mostly because he did not wish to admit the fact, even to himself.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #7
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Tuesday evening

Oreturion was sitting at his desk, writing, when he heard the door behind him open and close. He did not turn round, knowing from the sound of the limping steps that it was Estelmo who had interrupted him.

"Are you busy, Oreturion?" Estelmo asked. There was no answer, but he knew better than to take silence as a rebuff, so he continued, "I've hardly seen you today, and it's time for my evening walk - will you come down to the river with me? I need to stretch my legs. And it's a fine evening."

Oreturion assented, and they left the room together. "How did you spend the day, Estelmo?"

"Oh, in this and that. The time goes so quickly here, don't you find? Though I couldn't tell you what I do with it. I sit down for a nap by the fire, and find half the day gone. But you always seem to have so much to do. How have you been occupying yourself?"

"I have plenty of correspondence to fill my time."

Estelmo laughed at the characteristically evasive answer, but said nothing further until they reached the riverbank. There were few people in sight as they turned away from the busier area of the city, the younger man matching his usually quick pace to the elder's leisurely stroll. There was an almost imperceptible relaxation in Oreturion's bearing when he was with Estelmo, since perhaps the only time he felt himself able to unbend, even a little, was in the company of his friend. A stranger would not have noticed the difference, but Estelmo knew what it meant, and he thought now was a good time to make use of it.

"You know, Oreturion," he said genially, "I'll never understand you. Why are you always so guarded? I mean, what was that answer you gave me back there? 'I have correspondence to fill my time'. How long have we known each other, and that's the only answer you can give to a simple question? Anyone would think you were afraid I was a spy."

Oreturion kept his eyes on the path ahead, avoiding his friend's questioning look. "I would never doubt you, of course, but one can never be too careful," was his only answer.

Estelmo laughed again. "If you don't mind me saying so, old man, that's nonsense. Go off-duty for a while, can't you? After all, think where we are. This is peacetime, and we're here to keep the King company while he has a good time at university. I don't know about you, but I've had more arduous tasks in my life! Take some advice from someone who's known more trouble than you have - recognise an easy ride when you see one, and enjoy it. Look around you. What could happen here?"

Estelmo stopped walking and gestured vaguely at the scene before them. It certainly did look peaceful. The stars were out, and the slow-moving river went its quiet way in the darkness. Oreturion gazed around, coming finally to meet his friend's eyes, and conceded the old man's point with a rare fleeting smile. On the way back they talked of other things.
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.

Last edited by sun-star : 01-21-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Wednesday Dawn
By the city gates

Shah and Mahta had descended the walls; both troubled by what they had seen. And sensed. "I don't like this. It's probably a good distance away, one of the outlying towns. I hope its nothing more than an over zealous bonfire..." Shah had started pulling on his armor, calling one of his sergeants to go fetch master Marthalion and Raendil, writing excuse notes for the both of them.

"Really, Shah, you don't honestly think it's a bonfire?"

"No, but I can hope. Barliman! Barli!" Shah nearly roared, the young Barli ran up.

"Sir! What’s the ruckus?"

"Tell the men to arm themselves well and saddle the fleet horses. Also bring the roster and add the men whose shift will start now. I sense trouble and we are going a little further than normal. Also saddle my horse and put the armor on it! Hop to it man!"

"Shah, please, watch yourself..."She raised a hand to forestall an exasperated response, "I am not doubting your skill, but this is all uncanny. I don’t like it one bit." They were quiet for a good ten minutes, preparing horses, armor and grim faced patrolmen

"Neither do I love, neither do I.” Shah girt on his sword, and grinned. “Old girl, you best dust off that armor and mace. Looks like you might use them, only, I hope, not on the chancellor.”

Mahtaliel smiled and both Raendil and Marty rushed up to the armory, armored and ready. Both Ithilion and Volricom didn’t have armor. “Sorry sir, but we didn’t bring the armor for our mounts…could we borrow some?”

Shah shook his head in mock disapproval. “For shame boys, you don’t bring your vital armor for your horses during peacetime schooling? Shame! Nah, have the grooms outfit them, I’ll outline the problem and the route we will be taking.”

The four of them gathered around a map, watching intently as Shah traced the routes and the source of the potential problem. “Ah, well, that’s a considerable distance Shah. How will we get the message back?” Marty stroked his chin, “Not even Volricom can make THAT distance in a day.”

Shah grinned and went outside, giving a sharp whistle. “No, that he can’t but she can.” Shah stroked a puffed up falcon that landed on his outstretched fist.

“Well, if it isn’t old BlackWing. Yeah, I guess she could out distance us…I take it she will be carrying dispatches to our friends here…” Ray nodded to Mahta.

“You betcha, and I in turn will relate to Oreturion and Estelmo. Come, to the gate with the lot of you.” Shah, Mahtaliel, Ray and Marty walked out onto the street with the assembled scouting/war party standing by nervous steeds, awaiting orders.

“MOUNT UP!” As one, the unit mounted up, and all started donning helmets and checking shields.

“Alright men, we know the drill, and you all have the maps. Marthalion, take the second patrol group out around the west. We will meet up at the first check point and move together from there!”
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 01-22-2006 at 02:43 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #9
Serenoli

A strong wind whipped Tolvadok's fair hair from his face, as he strode purposefully down the streets of Tharbad towards Menetar. His face was set and grim, and he was trying to figure out his course of action. He decided the best way to act would be to snoop around, until he knew exactly what the King was up to, and if he smelt any traps, he could then prevent Lily from turning up.

He turned a corner, and it was there before him, unmistakeably triangle, looming over the rest of the street. He walked up straight to its front door, intending to ring the bell on the pretense of looking for someone else, so he could find out who lived there. But as he reached up to pull the bell-rope, he suddenly felt a familiar presence... one of the Nine, surely it wasn't... Udukhaturz?

'Tolvadok, what are you doing here?'

He tried to disguise the intense astonishment he was feeling, and replied, 'Just passing by, didn't realise you lived here. See you later.' And he walked off fast before Udu could say anything more.

Udukhaturz... now what was he up to? He was now sure that the King was just a lure for Lily... or had the King trapped both Lily and Udu? No, wait, that was just silly. Udu would never be caught like that. Either way, this was something he should report to the Captain. He could have confronted Udu, but that might have resulted in some heavy fighting. No, it was best to let the Morgul Lord know what was going on, and let him decide.

He strode on, just as purposefully as before, making his way to Tharbad University.

It took some time to locate the Chancellor, but some asking around elicited the information that he had been closeted in the Library for most of the day, so he made his way there.

Throught the main hall, and up to the Scriptorium, he went, and there he found a man, perusing a complicated looking book. As he entered, the man informed him frigidly that the Library was closed for the day.

"I have not come here to read books, but I was told the Chancellor is here. I need to see him very urgently."

"On no account is the Chancellor to be disturbed now. You had better come back tomorrow." With that, Sapthân went back to his book, stroking his trim beard, and taking no further notice of Tolvadok.

Tolvadok sized the man up. Tall, well-built and with the dark hair and eyes that spoke of a Númenórean descent, and with a hint of sorcery about him. It would be dangerous to try spell-work against him, in that case. Time was running out, running out for Lily, and much though he disliked her, he did not intend to let her walk into a trap without doing everything he could to help her.

The man looked up, slightly annoyed now, "Why are you still here? Haven't I told you you can not see the Chancellor today?"

"Yes, I was just wondering-" and Tolvadok's voice took on that polite tone he knew so well how to use, "-if you couldn't give this letter to him when he is free?"

He pulled out the "King's" letter and held it out.

"Very well, give it to me, I'll make sure he gets it."

He stretched his hand out, and Tolvadok grasped it. Sapthân's eyes widened in horror, and he gave a single gasp. He tried pulling his hand free, but it was no use, Tolvadok was standing, and he was sitting, and had not time to get up, and the Nazgûl's grip was merciless, and unshakeable. With a shudder that travelled up and down his body, Sapthân sank slowly on to the desk before him, his hand still in the iron grip of Tolvadok.

The Nazgûl pulled his hand out of the iron glove he was wearing, and the glove was stuck to Sapthân's hand. Softly, he pulled the glove, and it came off smoothly, the poisoned spikes on it leaving behind only the tiniest red perforations on Sapthân's long-fingered hand. The poison was quick-acting, and the man would not be unconcious for very long. But it was enough. He then whispered the smallest of memory spells... just enough to make sure that Sapthân would not remember his face. Let him remember everything else, but Tolvadok's features would be blurred for him. Tolvadok knew it was dangerous to try and erase too much memory; especially as he knew better than anyone else that his own skills lay more in the battle field. But small spells were easy, and they worked well.

He then turned and took the stairs that led upto the Library. He found all three levels of the Library empty, but the higher he went, the more he felt the presence of other Nazgûl near him. There was one final door, the steps which led to the observatory, and he made his way to it. As he pulled the door open, he found before him the Morgul Lord, and Khamul, and he knew they had sensed his presence too. They were waiting for him.

"Good evening, my Lord", he said courteously, and nodded at Khamul, "I am sorry if I am interrupting, but I had something important that I had to bring to your notice. Its about Lilanwaen."

Last edited by Serenoli : 02-11-2006 at 03:29 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #10
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Captain's orders

Observatory atop Minas Aran, Wednesday around 6 PM.

Khamul was in the midst of his heated speech, bringing up again all Lilly's faults and his own grievances, when the Morgul Lord, with a gesture of his hand, commanded him to be silent. There was another nazgul approaching, whom both of them immediately identified as Tolvadok the Third.

"The Observatory becomes a popular place today," noted the Morgul Lord dryly.

They waited in silence, and soon the thin figure of the Third nazgul appeared on the roof, his fair hair whipping in the wind. Looking at his pale countenance and delicate features, one would have never believed that the enemies had nicknamed him "Gothmog" after the fiery Barlog. Indeed, Tolvadok was fierce in battles, but otherwise always cold and withdrawn.

The Third nazgul bowed to the Morgul Lord, nodded to Khamul, and uttered a courteous greeting. Then he addressed the Captain.

"I am sorry if I am interrupting, but I had something important that I had to bring to your notice. Its about Lilanwaen."

The Morgul Lord laughed. "I see our vivacious Lilly had managed to irritate everybody. Khamul here was complaining about her behaviour; it seems that the vixen had even dared to kiss him, among other things. Has she done the same to you, Tolvadok?"...

The Captain laughed again, seeing Tol's blushing face.

"I see, she has!"

"As a matter of fact, it was not the reason..." started the Third, visibly embarrassed. Khamul smirked.

"You should have expected it, Tolvadok," the Captain continued, serious now. "Lilaenwen always tries to get in power by flaunting her wares in front of her betters. Once you were appointed the head of the Orrodel group, you have become her target. If you do not watch yourself, you will end up in her bed, which might be rather pleasant, but, what is worse, you will end up fawning under her heel."

"My captain", interrupted Tolvadok, urgency in his voice. He didn't wish to hear more with the memory of Lilly's rosy lips still fresh and stinging.
"My Captain, Lilaenwen is in danger. Someone has set a trap for her, it seems".

"Who may that be?" asked the Morgul Lord with a frown.

"It seems, it is Udukhaturz." replied Tolvadok. In a few words he told the story of the love letter from the King and how he had found Udu in the triangular house. While he was speaking, he noticed that Khamul's face progressively darkened. Soon the Second could remain silent no more.

"My Lord" started Khamul, glaring at Tolvadok, "I was coming to this part of my report, when we have been interrupted. As I have pointed out, Lilaenwen deserves severe punishment for her misdeeds and follies. However, remembering your orders, I have refrained from taking action myself, especially considering that she is Tolvadok's responsibility now, not mine. But an hour ago, I have got a message from Udukhaturz, telling of his cruel plans towards Lilly and asking me to join him. Being always faithful to you, my Lord, I decided to take the letter to you to ask for your orders on the matter."

The Morgul Lord took the proffered letter and studied it in silence.

"You said you have never heard about it before, my lord Khamul" observed the Captain darkly. "Why then Udu speaks of "our" plans and "our" victory?"

Khamul shifted uneasily, eyes riveted to the polished granite of the Observatory floor. "Udu mentioned this to me before, but I waited till his plans were ripe, before reporting to you. Udu was ever a rebel, he would have never told you himself."

"I know that", said the Morgul Lord icily. "He is a fool if he thinks to keep secrets from me and act without my permission."

"If you command, I can still prevent Lilaenwen from walking into the trap," proposed Tolvadok. Somehow, to his own surprise, he found the idea of Lilly's torture disturbing.

The Morgul Lord walked to the parapet and looked at the busy Arandel square below. Khamul's and Tol's eyes followed him anxiously. The Captain's next words surprised both of them.

"You have my permission now."

They stood for some time in silence. Tol's long-forgotten heart ached. Khamul smiled cruelly.

"Go and join Udu. He might need your help. Keep it secret, don't confide in any of our kind. You may do what you want with her mind and soul, as for her body, her hröa, as the Elves put it, it is far too lush to be permanently damaged. Don't inflict any wounds that won't eventually heal. You have my orders. Go now."

Last edited by Gordis : 02-10-2006 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #11
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

The Triangular House
Wednesday afternoon

“Ulfang, when the lady arrives, tell her that her admirer has been detained and will be along later. Show her into the Red Salon and seat her on the divan. That way when she passes into unconsciousness, she will not fall and destroy any of my furniture imported from the East.” Maethor stood beside the cold hearth, his arm extended over the mantelpiece, his fingertips tapping on the wood.

“And you, my lovely Tatyana, will add a few drops of this draught to her wine,” he said, reaching into his robe and drawing out a vial and handing it to Tatyana. “Not too much, my love, and not one taste! This draught would put a balrog to sleep for days!” He looked at the vial thoughtfully. “Perhaps, though, considering, that would be just as well; at least the Lady Lilaenwen would be quiet. Yes, a dram or two more will not hurt her.”

“Yes, my lord, I will put in just a bit more,” she smiled.

“Now when she is sleeping blissfully like a babe upon the divan, Ulfang, you will send one of the men to light a lamp in the upstairs hall window. When I see its glow, I will know that all is in readiness.”

“Master, do you expect any trouble?” asked Ulfang.

“Not if everyone does exactly as he or she is told. Flatter her. Admire her clothing and jewelry. Tell her anything, just so it pleases her. She loves that and will eat it up like sweet cake.”

“Master, is there anything else that we should remember? I do not want there to be any problems either,” Tatyana asked, walking gracefully and reclining upon the divan.

“Remember that though she might not look it, Skessa is a most powerful creature. However, I find most of all her loud voice obnoxious. She never stops talking, and when she screams, all the glassware in the building might explode. Keep her quiet! Do not give her any reason to be upset.”

“Master, will that be all?” Ulfang asked.

“Yes, I believe so. You are dismissed.”

“Now, Tatyana,” Maethor said as he walked over to the fireplace and reclined beside her on the couch, “we have a bit of time...”

“Yes, my lord,” she purred, reaching over and touching his face, “we do!”
Old 02-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #12
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

"Yes M'Lord," said Tol, turning to leave as Khamûl bowed.They left the University grounds in silence, not a thought or word uttered until they reached the gate.
"Where do you think you're going," said Khamûl to Tol as he tuned left out of the University Gates.
"To Udu's house, as the Captain ordered," replied Tol.
"Not tht way you aren't. That way leads straight past Orrodel, the way that Lilaenwen will be going. Do you not think that sensing both you and I travelling past orrodel in the same irection will alert her? She may be a little foolish, but she isn't that stupid. Is she not still a Nazgûl? We will go this way," said Khamûl turning right.
"So," said Tol a few minutes later. "What has Lily done to anger you?"
"Never you mind," said Khamûl. "Yet it warrants such punishment."
"I trust it does," said Tol.
"Punishment which I am permitted to implement," said Khamûl coldly.
"That I do not doubt. Yet in this situation I deemed it right that the Morgul Lord should now," said Tol coolly.
"I'm sure you did. Yet let me make one thing clear. If ever you betray me again then you will be made to pay," said Khamûl.
"Is that a threat Lord Khamûl?" said Tol.
"Why yes. And you would do well to remember your place Toldovak the third," sneered Khamûl as they turned the corner on to Menetar Street.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #13
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

The world was a hazy blur to Sapthan when at last he finally woke up on the floor of the Scriptorium. He shook his head groggily and then sank back into oblivion.

A huge yellow dragon was approaching him, breathing fire that smelled of Eastern incense.

“Hail, friend,” the beast hissed as its great tail lashed back and forth, knocking over trees behind its great bulk. “Go back! You cannot pass this way!”

“Who are you to impede my path?” challenged Sapthan, who was mounted upon a huge red roan stallion.

“One far older and wiser than you!” the dragon exclaimed. “Go back now if you value your life!”

The metal swished as Sapthan’s sharp sword left the scabbard at his thigh. He touched his heels to his horse’s sides. Urging the great steed forward, Sapthan hoisted his sword aloft, and charged towards the dragon’s face.

The dragon leered and opened his mouth, and out bellowed fire and steam. Sapthan screamed and dropped his sword as he felt a searing fire rip down through his arm. He plunged to the ground from the side of the horse and lay in the dirt, groaning. He looked up into the eyes of the dragon as it curled its long tongue down, reaching towards his face...

“No, no!” he shrieked as he awoke again, his right arm and hand in agony. He struggled to his feet, holding on to a chair for support and looked down at his hand. Angry tiny red wounds glared up to him. How he get them?! He tried to remember. There had been a man... what had happened then? Who was he? Sapthan remembered that he had wanted to see the Chancellor and there had been an argument, and then... and then... he could do nothing but the dragon’s tongue reaching out for him.

His head reeled, feeling dizzy as a wave of nausea hit him in the stomach. His hand on the chair trembled unsteadily. He had the vague sense that he had been poisoned, and tried to remember a spell that might counteract it.

“Chancellor!” he moaned as darkness overtook him again and he fell face forwards onto the floor.