Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
JTB
Enting

Theoden The Journey for the Dawncrystal Discussion

The dwarf walked along the Mirkwood trail, having passed over the enchanted river three days ago. The passage out was in sight- but it never got any closer.
The woods snared and growled for him to walk away from the path, to become lost in the forest, to find treasure beyond his wildest imagination...
Barion Guilder shrugged it off, shaking his head tensly. "I've got to get out of this place. It's more treacherous than Erebor was."
The dwarf kept a steady pace and set off at a jog. He had to get to Erebor to inform the King Dain that *they* were growing again...

*a week later*

He made it! He finally got out after a week of traveling, battling spiders and elves. He'd made it to Erebor...

Okay! That's where we leave off, Barion getting to Erebor and informing the king that a great army of Easterlings and Corsairs were gathering to attack the dwarf lands. That meant Erebor, the Iron Hills, and Bree and the Shire.
The King knows that they are coming from the east, from Rhun, and far eastern than that, too. A crystal, known as the Dawncrystal, holds all their support and all their power to make weapons and armor. It is guarded in a Mountain Chamber in the middle of the treacherous wastelands of Rhun and Mordor...

An unlikely band of heroes must fight to the mountain, through Easterlings and Corsairs to balrogs and giant spiders and dragons...

State your:

name:

weapons:

race:

looks:

history:

Mine~
Name: Barion

Weapons: a sharp mithril-made axe

race: Dwarf of Durin's line

Looks: a large, white beard, a brown robe with silver edges and a foam blue cape and hood

History: A middle aged dwarf, a scholar, knows much about the ancient history of dwarves. A balanced fighter with much skill of calmness and smoothness,unlike most dwarves. Fought with Dain in the battle of the five armies, and has lived in Erebor as a messenger and advisor ever since. Carries always an elven rope as a sign of the friendship of elves and dwarves long ago, in hope that it can be bound again.

Last edited by JTB : 07-01-2006 at 01:22 PM.
JTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

name: Jiana the Strong

weapons: long sword, helm, and chainmail shirt. 2 Daggers are carred in belt.

race: female rider of Rohan

looks: Tall, long blond hair, always braided, blue-grey eyes, slender, but very strong.

history: She joined the riders disguised as a man, but allowed to stay once she saved the king's life. Comes from a peasent family, orphaned once her family was murdured by orcs. Vows to slay all evil. Elf and dwarf friend. Very good with horses.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #3
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

name: Oak Leaf

weapons: Dangerous thick dorsal Limb. Powerful crushing roots.

race: Huorn/limb lithe tree? She's female so she is not of the same sapline as Ents.
looks: Looks like an Oak with lustrous amber eyes
history: She is an Oak from Treebeard's herd. Treebeard won't say too much about her origins. She eats like any mobile creature.

Just call me Oakie

Last edited by Huorn : 07-12-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
JTB
Enting

Good! We probably need three to five more people, but we can start at any time.

Okay, I'll start.

Barion walked out of th Mirkwood Forest on the other side he came. he was now facing a vast expanse of land, with mountains vere y very very far off in the distance- Rohan. He faced left again. Black mountains were there, far off again- Mordor. He didn't know what much he could do, maybe go to rohan and ask for warriors, or head off to Mordor on his own. "No," he mumbled. After traveling south through Mirkwood, through spiders to angry woodmen, for many days, he was cranky. "I guess I'll head off West- to the Shire and Bree, they have good hot chocolate, and maybe I'll meet somebody, a rouge like me," he said, and walked to his right, to the west. He would meet up with the Misty Mountains and the Elf regions (Rivendale and Lorien) after about a couple of weeks...

Last edited by JTB : 07-12-2006 at 12:33 PM.
JTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #5
Huorn
Elven Warrior

The the left if the road stood a solitary Oak with dense glossy foliage that shifted and rustled Now that was odd, for there was no wind to stir the foliage. The grass was up to the middle of its trunk. The thick limb coming out the the middle of the trunk swished, batting away an annoying dragonfly. The Oak's crown turned and the deerlike amber eyes fixed on the Dwarf coming down the path. It was now apparent that the Oak was nibbling on berries from a berry bush. Berry juice stained the ruff of leaves below its face. Now the whole Tree moved. It picked up its roots and moved closer to the path. The Oak made curious creaking sounds as it tilted its crown to one side. It was obvious now that this Oak was a stray Huorn.

Just call me Oakie
Old 07-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana strode along quietly, humming snatches of an old song to herself. She was a little put out, having to walk on foot all the way back to Edoras, but with her horse gone, she had no choice. She suddenly slowed her pace as she spotted a dwarf walking a far distance away. She began to go along more catiously, trying to get nearer.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #7
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Is it ok to join now, as i've never had a chance to join in one of these RPG's before. i know you've started the story, but still...

name: Tidus

wepons: sword, with hidden knifes in belt. Carries a small bow with him, and a 12 arrows

race: Man

looks: bright blue eyes, with dark, brown hair. Has rogish face and body, which rarely smiles. Wears green and brown clothes, which can be turned inside out to reveal sandy colours.

history: man of unknown desent. He can kill a fully armoured man in around 30 seconds. Has the strengh of many dwarves, but the grace of an elf, haven lives with them for a short while.

He was staring off into the distance, looking for the animal that he had lost. He was in no mood for this. Thin, hungry and tired, he was heading to Bree to meet with someone, who said they had infomation on the Dawncrystal. Swearing loudly, he turned around and headed towards the setting sun. Finding somewhere to camp was becoming more and more difficult, so he was having to walk for hours into the night, until he found a tree to camp in, to protecting him from the beasts that wondered in the night. Going along the path, he saw a old Oak nearby, and decided to camp in it's branches. But just as he was climbing it...
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #8
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

The Oak under Tidus shifted when his feet had settled on the thick limb coming out at a right angle to its trunk. The smell of freshy chewed berries floated up. The thick crown spreading above him turned. Now looking at him was a large amber eye, rather like that of a deer. The nose was quite human in shape and the mouth and chin female above a leafy ruff that covered her shoulders and bosom. The eye blinked at the passenger that was now sitting on the Oak's limb. The Tree made no move to throw him off. She just made gentle creaky sounds.

Just call me Oakie
Old 07-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #9
jammi567

During this, Tidus had got out his knifes, and was looking into those eyes with a slight fear in them.
"Can you speak, what are you, who are you?," he asked in a almost curious way. He had never seen a tree like this before.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #10
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

The Oak took a few steps with her roots through the grass. She moved her back limb to the side and twisted her trunk more to get a better look at Tidus. He had bright blue eyes and dark brown hair. He was dressed in mostly greens and browns. In his hands were knives. The Man looked worn and tired. While she was trying to get her mouth to form words, she picked some raspberries with her hand branch and held them out to him. The noise that finally came out of her sounded like a door creaking on its hinges, but it formed the word, "F-foood".

After what seemed like three minutes more creaking came as the Oak jabbed at her own leafy bosom. "Oak-Leaf".

Just call me Oakie
Old 07-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
jammi567

As soon as 'she' handed him the berries, he gulped them down in an instant. But he was still hungry and tired.
"Do you mind if i sleep in your branches?," he asked.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:23 PM   #12
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana kept stalking, but paused when she heard the huorn [I think I spelled that wrong] speaking. She looked around, and spotted the man in it's branches. Quickly, she darted behind a tall beech, hoping the man had not seen her yet.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 PM   #13
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

Oak Leaf nodded her thick canopy. "You--may sleep in my branches". She collected more berries and passed them up to the man. She pondered his question. What was she? She had come from Treebeard's herd. She obviously wasn't an Ent. She didn't exactly have legs, nor did she have hair. Instead she had roots and a full crown of shiny Oak leaves.
Oak Leaf finally spoke again. "Treebeard my shepherd. He won't say what I am. I live in herd of Oaks in Fangorn forest, when I don't--explore. He call me Doronlassil - Oak Leaf Maiden".

It was at that moment she heard something moving. She saw something dart behind a beech. The Oak's head turned. Her roots made creaking sounds as she moved toward the beech.

Just call me Oakie
Old 07-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #14
jammi567

Tidus was very grateful for this, and thought as he was putting his two knifes away "She's okay, but strange", and was about to say this when the Oak started to move. He grabbed on tight as she moved towards a nearby beech.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #15
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana pressed her back against the tree trunk, her hand straying to the long dagger in her belt. She gripped it and drew it silently, ready to defend herself.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:38 AM   #16
JTB
Enting

The dwarf spotted the maiden darting behind the tree, when he heard a great sound and turned slightly. He saw a great Oak, with a man in her branches.
Barion threw up his hands and with a booming voice across the field, "I am barion son of Batror! I come to seek help in this time of fellowship! What say you?!"

He trotted to the edge of the forest, where he lost sight of the creatures in the underbrush...
Old 07-15-2006, 05:17 AM   #17
jammi567

And if things weren't already strange enough, Tidus heard a booming voice say: "I am barion son of Batror! I come to seek help in this time of fellowship! What say you?!" Looking to where the voice came from, and seeing a dwarf, he shouted: "Piss off, you manky looking dwarf! Some of us are trying to sleep!"

Old 07-15-2006, 10:01 AM   #18
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

**no bad words Tidus **

Jiana heard the dwarf and man's reply, but still did not dare to move.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #19
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

Slowly now the Oak crept around the beech. Her big amber eyes now looked down at Jiana. She blinked. Men were certainly a hasty lot. The Man in her branches was shouting something at the Dwarf on the road.

Oak Leaf finally spoke to the woman who was brandishing a dagger
. "I no eat Man" Then she turned away to gaze upon the Dwarf, Barion. She was curious as the what kind of help he needed. Her roots slipped through the grass as she moved toward him. She finally looked down at him. "Barion, Son of Bartor need Help?" She repeated. "Man in branches may sleep while I help Barion son of Bartor, no?"

Just call me Oakie
Old 07-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #20
JTB
Enting

Barion smiled. A Huorn. "I seek help in this great time. A while ago, our dwarf scouts-----"
He told the Oak and the Maiden the tale *see beginning post of the forum
of the Dawncrystal. "What say you, again?" Barion asked.