Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #81
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Elrohir, after desposing of his burdensome captive, traveled swiftly through the levels of Moria. He'd felt the power, the light. The creature capable of such power would be incredible to behold.

Unfortunately, when he reached the hall the only thing he saw was its pitiful human costume. He frowned.

What he wanted was to break her. Make her change forms and then take out her heart. To dominate, to rule. To, after thousands of years, wreak her vengeance upon the Fates.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Lady Willow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #82
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Lazhur felt the presence enter the room. He whirled around, and saw the thing before him...a shadow...in appearance like a wraith, but...bearing armor and a black blade. Its helm turned, and eyes of fire blazed at him. The goblin stepped backwards, and pushed a goblin forward at the thing.

The creature raised its sword, and a dark ray radiated from the blade tip. The goblin fell, choking, and died squirming. A trickle of black flowed from its gaping mouth. A hideous, otherworldy laugh emanated from the warrior. It walked-or glided?-towards Lazhur. The goblin trembled.

I have come...the figure hissed.

Lazhur gabbled, "What-what name shall I-"

Silence. I am known to you as the Hand of the Firstborn. Where is the creature who blinds my Master with unearthly light?

"Up-up a few levels...my scout will show-show you..."

A goblin, shrieking, ran before the Hand. The black figure followed it, upwards and onwards.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 AM   #83
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Acalewia saw Elrohir approach and knew him for an Elf. At least, that he had once been an Elf. Something wrong twisted inside her as she looked at him. He was poisonously lovely. Deadly.

And he was heading for Lady Willow.

"Colomir!" she screamed, fighting through Orcs. "Run!" Too late she shouted it. Elrohir back-handed the man, easily knocking him unconscious. He then scooped Willow up into his arms and walked back into the darkness from whence he'd come. "Oh, no," she whispered. "Oh, Valar, no."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #84
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Acalewia fought even harder. She somehow managed to break free of the orcs and ran. She had a choice to make. She couldn't leave Colomir, but she couldn't carry him either.
Use the gift all elves have an ancient sounding voice said. Of course. Acalewia closed her eyes. It was Willow's only chance.
We have need of aid! If you hear me, help us! We have need of aid! The thought settled in three nearby dwarfs and Alatar, Legolas and their compainions. Help us!

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:51 PM   #85
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

"Come we need to get to the sixth hall" Alatar urged them on, Durgann and a small squad of 'Groundpounders' armed with spiked mallets throwing axes had come with them as they were not at all familiar with the terrain.

Legolas was positive that Alatar was almost pale, "what is wrong?" he asked.

"My greatest challenge is here in Moria, long it must have dwelt in the shadow of the fell Balrog awaiting its time of awakening until..." he whispered hoarsley to Legolas and then his words fell off as he mentally weighed himself and his opponent.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #86
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow stirred uneasily. Voices sounded in her head, begging and pleading. Come home, brave one... come home to us... please, come home.

"No," she whispered. "I can't. Not without him. No."

"So you're finally coming around." She opened her eyes and stared up at the twisted thing she knew to be Elrohir.

But this was not the most terrifying of discoveries. No, Willow had found that all her power, all her magic was gone. Vanished.

She was mortal.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #87
Acalewia

Dwrka spun around to the two dwarfs.
"Did you hear that?"
"Yeah I heard. Wait how did you hear if i heard it in my head." They had all heard a woman's desperate call for help.
"Lets go!" the three Dwarfs abandoned their fight and ran in the direction they felt the call come from.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:32 PM   #88
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Acalewia knew help was coming but it might be too late. There were too many Orcs for one Elf. She blocked a killing blow from one, kicked another and dropped down to avoid losing her head.

"Elendil!" The battle cry echoed around the hall and soon she heard the frightened screams of Orcs. Acalewia looked over to see a man, hooded and cloaked, slaughtering the sickening creatures.

"Who are you?" she shouted over the noises of battle. As he drew nearer she heard him reply,

"You may call me Huor!"

Old 06-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #89
Acalewia

"Hannon le!, Huor" She said, grateful for the aid, yet surprised at the speed it had come. Acalewia fought her way back to Colomir, who was still unconscious. Huor's blade cut down many orcs before they fled in fear.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #90
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow was standing in snow. Her thin cloak wasn't nearly warm enough for the chill and she shivered.

"Rather unnerving, isn't it?" She turned around and looked at Alatariel.

"What are we doing here, sister?" The demonic lady shrugged.

"I suppose it is because you ignored the warnings of your precious Valar. I am here due to the fact that I died."

"But I am not dead," Willow pointed out. Alatariel shrugged again.

"Your powers are. At least, they are until you finally do what you know you have to." Willow sighed deeply.

"I can't. I can't leave."

"Ha! You can, you just won't. I'm glad I never suffered from love. It is lethal to logical thought." Willow glared at her sister.

"For one reason or another, I was meant to love him."

"And leave him. You were supposed to know the mortal pain of a broken heart. Face it! The Valar wants you taken down a notch. Your powers were beginning to threaten theirs. That is why this is happening."

"I don't believe you!" Willow shouted. Alatariel grabbed the lady by the collar and jerked her forward.

"Then believe this. Aragorn will never love you. Better to leave now with your life than to die in the mortal realm." Willow shook her head.

"Never."

Lady Willow woke from her vision chained to a wall. Elrohir stood before her with a jagged knife. "I should have stayed asleep," she mumbled.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:29 AM   #91
Acalewia

Huor joined Acalewia as she knelt next to Colomir. She quietly called his name before bending down to wisper in his ear.
"Awake. Awake, my friend. Friends are near. Awake." she wispered in Elvish. It was the same words she had wispered to Cumaar when they met. She placed a hand on his forehead. Colomir's eyes shot open.
Colomir could have swore he had cold water on his forehead. He gave Acalewia an odd look before noticing Huor behind her.
"We are still alive because of him" she said before he could say anything.
"Willow! Where's Willow?" Acalewia sighed.
"With the elf that backhanded you," Acalewia didn't want to say his name in front of Huor.
"Forgive me for being suspious, but who exactly are you, Huor?"

Old 06-24-2006, 11:35 AM   #92
rohirrim TR

"you there come out in the light" called Durgann roughly.

the two rangers and the elf stepped out wearily.

"Well, will you fancy meeting you here, what in mandos halls are you doing here?" Gimli asked.
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #93
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Huor smiled grimly. "I have come to Moria in search of Queen Arwen. That shall have to suffice."

Last edited by Lady Willow Rose : 06-26-2006 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:30 PM   #94
Acalewia

"We search for Queen Arwen as well." Acalewia said. "Yet we are in need of your help. Our companion has been taken by a creature of Shadow."

Old 06-26-2006, 08:38 PM   #95
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Your companion?" he asked. Acalewia sighed.

"She is small but unnaturally strong. Her eyes are hazel. We know her as - "

"Lady Willow!" he exclaimed. "She is here?" The Elf lady narrowed her eyes.

"You know the lady?"

"I..." he hesitated. "I know of her."

Old 06-26-2006, 09:08 PM   #96
Acalewia

Acalewia and Colomir glanced at each other.
"Would you be able to help us?"

Old 06-26-2006, 11:42 PM   #97
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Huor nodded. "I will do all in my power to assist you."

Old 06-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #98
rohirrim TR

" OH wonderful , fine and dandy, but if we don't get back behind our lines we might not last long, anyway the Commander will wish to speak with you as well, you will all return with my Squad, thats an order" Durgann quickly got them moving, it was not wise to travel in such small groups and he was getting sick of finding tresspassers.
Quote:
Old 06-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #99
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

In the meantime, Willow was in a very uncomfortable position. Elrohir was very close to her face, pressing his wicked knife to her cheek.

"I suppose I should be thankful you did not fall upon our company with a garrison of orcs and goblins," Willow said thoughtfully, pretending not to notice the knife gliding over her skin. Elrohir rolled his eyes.

"Really, how would I sneak up on you with a pack of ungainly creatures that smell like burned mud?" He applied more pressure to the blade and finally drew blood.

"I get your point."

Old 06-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #100
Acalewia

"Great" Colomir muttered as they were joined by three more dwarfs. "We won't find Willow trasping around with a battilon of dwarfs"
"Watch your tounge, Colomir" Acalewia said. Dwarfs and Elves were not the best of friends