Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #61
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Gimli and his allies entered a roughly hewn chamber at the end of it stood a very recognizable Dwarf. Gimli Greeted him formally.

"Lord Ironbeard, Greetings from the Lonely Mountain, myself you already know and Makoin, with us also are Tarkhal Treehelm, -a bit wooden headed but a good chap really- and Legolas Greenleaf and Alatar last of the wizards of middle earth, Well met brother"

"Well met, Gimli, strange companions you bring us, yet strangely my heart is glad to hear of a company so like the fellowship of old, for I fear there is an enemy rival to Durin's bane come we have much to speak of" the Dwarf lord replied.

"More than you know" replied Gimli grimly.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:00 PM   #62
rohirrim TR

It was time thought Grishag to himself he had nearly fifty full grown trolls and two Olog Hai trolls larger and smarter than the ordinary cave dwelling giants.

BOOM, DA BOOM DA DA BOOM ,BOOM, DA BOOM DA DA BOOM

The marching drum echoed through out the mines reaching many ears.

Soon he would rule these mines, Grishag thought confidently to himself.
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:40 PM   #63
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Acalewia stopped.
"Listen!" The sounds of drums reached their ears. "I fear we have arrived in the middle of a battle" she said.
"Or the start of one" Colomir said.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:43 PM   #64
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "My luck," she noted, "is, as always, fantastic." She laid a hand on her sword hilt before charging toward the drums.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Lady Willow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #65
Acalewia

"Willow!" Colomir cried. Acalewia drew her bow and nocked an arrow before following her. Colomir drew his sword and darted after them.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #66
rohirrim TR

Grishag knew he had problem when both Olog Hai bolted "%$#&"

"Snaga shut the damm drums up, and go to stalk march were runnin into that blasted lower hall ghost or something like it"

"aye there second squad take alternate path and keep quiet and stalky like you hear me matey?"

"aye LOrd Lug it'll be done" answered Fangnose a trusted lieutenant -if 'trusted' can be used to describe an orc-.

Grishag was at the tail of the columm when the flame came out the sixth level door; it sent the first two companys into a frenzy in all directions he could tell handler losses had been heavy.

"first squad through the door its been left unguarded NOW!" he sent the remnant of his battalion on through the sixth for now they had been ignored by Balrog or whatever it was that had been plauging Grishag for the last several months.

Unfortunately for Grishag the door wasn't actually unguarded, but unfortunately for Acalwecia and Colomir they were the only guards.

Grishag saw three of his men go down and knew something was very wrong, he could only see two warriors but knew there would be more. it was a
total ambush but he had good reflexes good instincs and knew more tunnels and secret passages than any living creature and he ducked slash from acalwecias blade and escaped, planning to go to the rendesvous and see how the battalion of Fangnose had fared.
Quote:
Old 06-17-2006, 01:12 AM   #67
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow's eyes had changed color from human hazel to ethereal silver. They glowed in the darkness and she spotted Grishag trying to escape. Her hand darted out, fingers already elongated, and gripped him by the throat.

"Going somewhere, Orc Lord?" she asked softly. Power was pumping through her veins. Willow tried to reign it in but she couldn't control it. Her fingers were tightening. If she held on any longer, the Orc would die.

She let go.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Last edited by Lady Willow Rose : 06-17-2006 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #68
Acalewia

Acalewia's blade was at the orc's throat.
"Doesn't seem you'll be going far does it, Yrch" She wanted to slit it's throat there, but she had a feeling he would be able to give them some helpful information. Of course how willingly would be up to the orc.

Old 06-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #69
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow back up rapidly, her breathing erratic. The fingers on her right hand had yet to shift back. They were two long, an extra joint more than obvious.

"Acalewia!" she shouted. "Whatever you do, do not look at me! Neither of you should look at me."

"What?" The elven maiden instinctively began to turn but Willow hid behind a stone pillar.

"Do not look at me! Question the Orc." She closed her eyes and breathed more evenly.

Please, Valar, give me strength...

We did give you strength, the answer came. But the time we gave you is running out.

Old 06-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #70
rohirrim TR

Morgoths teeth Grishag thought to himself it was very strange they were capturing him? very strange he, but the ghost or demon or whatever was gone and he palmed oddly carved whistle and blew a piercing note upon it, the ground began to shake his Olog Hai was answering his call.
Quote:
Old 06-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #71
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow heard the sounds and felt the coming battle. Her form was too unstable. She could not be expected to fight and come out of this without exposing herself.

She looked at Acalewia and Colomir. There would be so many questions.

Her eyes glowed silver. She drew her sword and stepped in front of her companions.

"What you will see," she told them, her voice echoing with the sounds of the ancients, "will frighten you. Be assured that I, in any form, will never harm you."

Willow turned to watch the passageway all the sounds were coming from. Already, her bones were eager to change.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:17 PM   #72
Acalewia

The orc knocked Acalewia away the moment Willow re-emerged and spoke.
"He's getting away!" Colomir shouted.
"Forget him! We have bigger trouble" In more ways than one. She heard the echos of her father's and brothers' warning in her mind. She shook her head to get them out.
Colomir took her arm to help her to her feet. Something wasn't right, Acalewia's arm felt like ice. Acalewia drew her bow once more.
"Willow, Hain ú-'rogle. No matter what form you will take! Amin sinta thaliolle e dagor. Gurth 'ni yrch!"
"Gurth 'ni yrch!" Colomir echoed.

I do not fear you
I know your strength in battle
Death to the orcs

Old 06-18-2006, 06:40 PM   #73
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

They were coming. Feet pounded against stone in the darkness of Moria. Drawing closer and closer to what they would think of at first as an easy battle. Two women and one man. What threat could they be?

Willow threw her head back and sighed. Her bones bent and stretched. Her hands became abnormally long. The Lady Willow became the creature that had been called many names. Skin and eyes glowed silver, her wings dusted with the color.

Acalewia stared up at the easily 11 foot tall being that was once her friend. "Oh, Valar," she whispered. "What are you?"

"Many things," her voice rumbled and chimed, holding too many things for one sound. "Simply know this form as Aranel Ar-Feiniel." Aranel, once Willow, held up the long and deadly blade she'd carried for untold centuries. "Orcs come."

Old 06-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #74
Acalewia

Neither Acalwia nor Colomir could believe the woman they had found in Minas Tirith that they called Willow was now a towering ... creature... called Aranel. Colomir trimbled.
"Avo 'osto!" Acalewia said, fighting her own fear. She nocked an arrow and drew a breath.

Fear not

Old 06-18-2006, 08:21 PM   #75
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Aranel killed the first few Orcs merely by stepping on them. Five more were killed by one stroke from her sword.

As she fought and killed, Aranel remembered Alatariel, her shadow sister. "Killing Orcs is more like flicking ants off your arm. The effort is not even worth noticing."

She was right.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:59 PM   #76
Acalewia

Dwrka spun around. She could hear another battle raging.
"More behind us!" she shouted. Renus groaned.
"Great" he muttered. "Just great"

Old 06-19-2006, 03:12 PM   #77
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Light. The very feel of it would have turned many goblins' stomachs inside out. But not the Firstborn. He hissed. Staring into the darkness before him. A silver speck shone in the darkness. The Firstborn approached it. A shadow overtook the cache of mithril.

I must...have strength...to deal with...her...a foe worthy of...my heritage...

The Firstborn laughed.

For it was my bloodline that would have slain Morgoth...

~~~~~~~

"Sound the retreat to the Fifth Level!" Lazhur growled to one of his orcs. "Let Grishag deal with it himself. We've got to stay alive."

He turned, and stopped. A shadow overtook his mind, and he stared, stricken.

I have need of you, goblin-scum. It is you who must slay the creature who enters here. Do not worry. I shall send you a dark warrior...one who will strike terror into the hearts of men and elves...

The voice fled. Lazhur stood, paler than ever.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #78
rohirrim TR

Grishag was having a lousy day, fire ashes and death my best olog hai he thought sorrowfully, but when he reached the sixth level he found Fangnose's batallion intact and was able to retreat to his lower tunnels with a sizable force. Garn, better to fight another day he thought, for an orc he had some wisdom for now his band was forgotten by all as the Firstborn mades his move and Lady Willow unveiled herself.

Alatar felt Arenel immediately, stupid fool, conserve your power, he tried to communicate with her but the blood and joy of battle drowned out his voice.

Legolas felt it also and wondered at the feeling of its power, like a wizard and not like, like a balrog yet not like one at all.
Quote:
Old 06-19-2006, 08:54 PM   #79
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Aranel felt Willow stir deep within. She wanted control, she wanted clear thought. This is not the time! Aranel grit her teeth.

It happened in a flash of light. Aranel vanished and an exhausted Lady Willow took her place. "Acalewia," she whispered, torn apart. "My time... I have so little left!"

The Lady collapsed, vulnerable to any and all attack.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #80
Acalewia

Acalewia released the arrow as she ran to Willow's side, not looking to see if she hit anything worthwhile.
"Colomir!" He reached her side just after Acalewia. He held his shield up, in an effort to protect all three of them.
"Can you do anything for her?" Acalewia shook her head.
"I am not my brother or Elrond. All we can do is either fight or flee" She drew her sword and felt that vile evil again. "Stay with her" with that she darted off to face the orcs.
"Acalewia!"