Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-04-2006, 11:53 PM   #41
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Elrohir felt the ancient evil stirring and smiled grimly. "I'm sure I would find more amusement here than anywhere else at this time. Hope you don't mind me taking advantage."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Lady Willow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #42
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

"ahh it pierces ones very heart" said Legolas putting his hand against the wall to steady himself.

"Courage elf not for naught did the valar bring me here my last task draws near, and yet despair dogs our footsteps" replied Alatar in a quiet dangerous tone.

"I say chaps not afraid of the dark are ye?" said Tarkhal feeling none of the heaviness that plauged Legolas.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #43
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Acalewia rode up next to Willow.
"What say ye we do? We know not whether Arwen and her captor are inside Moria or without."

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera

Last edited by Acalewia : 05-13-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #44
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow closed her eyes and concentrated. Ignoring the ancient presence, she focused in on the essence of something far more twisted.

"Elrohir..." her tongue unwillingly formed the sounds of his name. "He is within now. Eager and willing to kill."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 05-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #45
Acalewia

"Elrohir?" Acalewia gave Willow a puzzled look.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 05-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #46
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"You know the history behind the Orcs, I assume." Acalewia nodded.

"Of course. They were once Elves. But they were tortured so harshly that they became Orcs."

"Indeed," Willow murmured. "Elrohir was one of the first to be so punished. And yet, he is not like the Orcs. Nor is he like Elves, for that matter. He seeks to punish both kinds for what was done to him. And now he has the Queen."

Old 05-14-2006, 11:28 PM   #47
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Tilgun Ironbeard stood over a rough stone table, staring at a map of the ground level of Moria. He glanced over at his scouts, who were swiftly placing markers on the diagram, marking warriors. The dwarf furrowed his brow, and continued studying the map. He took a moment to clear his throat.

"So, we hold them off?" he asked.

A scout nodded. "Yes, Commander. They appear to be coming from two fronts, but we fare. Renus, Dwrka, and Dalginn have...gone too far, I am afraid. They've passed the safe point, and if they go too far-they will be cut off."

"Cut off? Too far for us to reach them?"

"I'm afraid so."

"Bothersome...why do they always have to throw a bent pick into the plan? Send a party to pull them back-and be quick about it! Any more news?"

"Yes...and I'm not sure what to make of it. There's been a party that entered through the rune door, just half a mile east of here. Scouts say it was five, and one other."

Tilgun turned away for a moment. Things had complicated themselves yet again.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #48
Acalewia

Acalewia shook her head and glanced at Colomir.
"This will prove to our hardest mission yet" Colomir had joined the two.
"We have to bring her out alive. Do you know a way in?"
"I don't know if I would try it, but there is a door on this side. I remember a friend of mine telling me they fled through it when Gandalf fought the Balrog" Acalewia glanced at Willow. "What would you do?"

Old 05-16-2006, 12:34 AM   #49
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow smiled bitterly. "In my full power, I would call the stones down on Elrohir's head. Unfortunately, we shall settle for the element of surprise." She galloped toward Moria at full speed with Acalewia and Colomir behind her.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #50
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

"Wouldn't expect anything less from an elf," came a grim voice from the corner of the room.
"Who goes there," said Legolas, fitting an arrow to his bow string.
"This is dwarven land elf. It should be me asking you questions," said the dwarf.
"Come now," said Alatar. "We are all friends here, or so I hopr. What is your name?"
"My name is Gundir. Who are you that are trespassing in dwarven lands," replied Gundir.
"You are not the only dwarf here," said Tarkhal, stepping out of the shadows. "What is your business here?"
"I am a bodyguard. I was hired to guard Tilgurn Ironbeard in his quest in Moria. I was sent out as a scout, but was attacked by small horde of goblins. I killed them but they wounded me."
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:35 PM   #51
Acalewia

Renus cleaved another goblin head.
"Dalginn! Look out!" The dwarf turned as Dwrka cut the goblin down.
"Must you think with you axes! We need to fall back closer to the others!"
"Who are you? My mother?" Dalginn shot at her as he cut the legs out from under the goblin he was fighting.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:16 PM   #52
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

"ahh excellent I remember you Gundir my father spoke highly of you and Tilgun Ironbeard better and better well our friend Alater and can surely patch up any wound you have and then you should probably takes us to old Ironbeard" Gimli said recognizing the Dwarfs name.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:19 PM   #53
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow stood outside the entrance to Moria. They had loosed their horses when the rocks became too dangerous. She missed the lovely mare. Maybe one day they would meet again. For now... her road was not for horses.

She touched the stone with cautious fingers, unsure of what she would feel. All that she felt was the cold rock.

"Willow?" Acalewia asked. "Do you sense something?"

"In the very pit of my stomach, a wave of illness crushes me every time I think of entering this place. It shall be difficult to take that first step over the border between the light and the dark." Her friend squeezed her shoulder.

"Don't worry. I'll be right behind you."

Willow's eyes lost their color for the briefest moment and she said so quietly that even Acalewia's Elven ears could not catch it: "What good does it do me to have a death-marked Elf at my back?"

The power and the moment passed. Willow shook herself and used the movement to plunge herself into the smothering dark of Moria.

Old 05-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #54
Acalewia

Acalewia took a deep breath and followed with Colomir behind her. She felt the vile evil of Moria the moment she steped inside. She placed a hand on the wall to steady herself.
"Acalewia?" Colomir asked.
"There is a heavyness of evil here" she wispered.

Old 06-02-2006, 04:49 PM   #55
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow looked about the dark caverns and smiled wryly. "Alatariel would have liked this place," she mumbled.

Old 06-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #56
Acalewia

"I would I knew this place as well as I do the rest of the North" Acalewia said, pushing off the wall. "This place is crumbling due to the goblins. That is all I know of Moria, save we no longer have the Balrog to worry about" Her eyes had adjusted to the darkness.

Old 06-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #57
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"I suppose we'll just have to follow instinct," Willow decided before following the stairs down. She whispered an Elvish word and a small orb of white light appeared in her hands.

"Good thinking," Acalewia noted.

"No sense to be stumbling about in darkness."

Old 06-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #58
Acalewia

Colomir couldn't see a thing until the small orb of light appeared.
"That won't attract any thing, will it?" Acalewia shook her head.
"No. The goblins will avoid light. The only thing that may be attracted are dwarfs. If there are any left alive here"

Old 06-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #59
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Might as well find out if there is any friendly life around." Willow closed her eyes and spread her magick far about her. It took only moments for her body to jolt. "Life!" she proclaimed. "Real, thriving life." Willow grinned. "Thank the Valar for small blessings."

Old 06-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #60
Acalewia

"Hopfully its friendly life" Colomir muttered. Acalewia gave him a hard look.