Old 03-25-2006, 11:36 AM   #21
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Willow Rose
Name: Elrohir Nénharma
Profession: killing elves
Weapons: spiked whip, spinning blades, broadsword
Appearance: 6'3", blond hair, black eyes, wide shoulders and firm muscles. Very intimidating.
Personality: Often harsh, not very friendly. Often beats the female elves before killing them.
I'm in trouble

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:48 PM   #22
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

so is this elrohir like the real Elrohir's evil twin or something? interesting, like a litereral corrupted elf, like the original Morgoth prototype orc or something
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #23
rohirrim TR

Grishag Lug

orcish bipedal species, Genus Khazaduss doomus
thought by some evolutionists to be THE missing link between dwarves and goblins
weapons: throwing knives and heavy axe
talents: an aptitude for training trolls
ambition: to eliminate all superiors and enemies and OWN Moria for EVVVERRR MWA Ha HA HA AH
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #24
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Yeah, Elrohir is an elf, but not a pure one. No connection to Elrond's son. That was coincidence.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Lady Willow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #25
Acalewia

Colomir: Son of Faramir and master of stealth.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:24 PM   #26
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Hmm...I should register a character soon. But I like the orc registrations...don't forget to stay fairly serious. Don't worry, rTR, you're fine.
It sounds like Elrohir, being a half-orc that's waaay taller than the goblins, will be a captain. Grishag, on the other hand, has the highly coveted position of lugging around a cave troll. I might register an orc, but probably not. I'll be NPCing the main villain: a mysterious being known as "The Firstborn". You'll discover more about him as the RPG goes on.
I'm still mulling around some ideas for a new character.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #27
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

[/QUOTE]It sounds like Elrohir, being a half-orc that's waaay taller than the goblins, will be a captain. [/QUOTE]

Um, actually Elrohir has a lot of disgust for orcs and goblins and so on. He likes to work alone, too.

"I suppose I should be thankful you have not fallen upon our company with a garrison of orcs and goblins," Willow said thoughtfully, pretending not to notice the knife gliding over her skin. Elrohir rolled his eyes.

"Really, how would I sneak up on you with a pack of ungainly creatures that smell like burned mud?"
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #28
Curubethion

Strider

Nice...that really shed some light on his character. So, he'll be a freelancer going around Moria, then...not a captain. Wreaking havoc on goblins and dwarves alike.
I'm thinking about a dwarf who has a problem with being very serious...something like Basil Stag Hare, if you've read Brian Jacques...
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 03-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #29
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Coolio.
So.... are we going to start? I'm feeling a bit twitchy.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:48 PM   #30
Acalewia

yeah i want to know too

BTW, I added Acalewia's history to her registeration.

Old 03-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #31
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Is Curubethion going to start it? Or can someone else?

What's happening?!

Old 03-27-2006, 12:14 AM   #32
Curubethion

Strider

I'm going to start it with a narrative post, but we don't have all of our characters in yet. I'll go ahead with my original plan...but I'm signing off now since it's late...

I want to make sure we have any of our characters from AS who are taking Curmaar to Harad registered in SoH. That way they don't accidentally end up in Ms.

So far, Curamir is there. So if you want to transfer your character into it, do it now before we start. If your character's not registered, register him/her. (I'll take my own advice when I'm on next time...give me a little time )

And after that, I'll make the first narrative post, and then we're ready to rumble!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #33
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
Nice...that really shed some light on his character. So, he'll be a freelancer going around Moria, then...not a captain. Wreaking havoc on goblins and dwarves alike.
I'm thinking about a dwarf who has a problem with being very serious...something like Basil Stag Hare, if you've read Brian Jacques...
Brian Jacques owns.
the hares are awesome, brilliant, wish I'd thought of that I'm wavering whether to make Makoin a sarcastic cynic, or a cheerful eternal pessimist (i.e. Puddleglum)
Quote:
Old 03-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #34
Curubethion

Strider

Here's my dwarf guy!

Name: Tarkhal Treehelm
Race: Dwarf
Alignment: Good
Profession: Roving smith/warrior, resident dwarf...
Weapons: Battleaxe, throw-axe
Personality, etc.: Very carefree, loves singing, isn't always very serious. Good-natured, loves to make jokes.
History: Brought up in the Iron Hills, but caught a bad case of wanderlust. When he matured, he left home to see the world.

Lemme see...here's a character tally (not including new characters).
Registered, we have: Lady Willow, Colomir, Curamir (not in this RPG), Hluor (not in this RPG), and Makoin. So...we have Acalewia, Elnar, and Alatar left. Gimli, of course, is in this RPG-but he can get NPCed. Once we get those regs in, we can start.

Last edited by Curubethion : 03-27-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:07 AM   #35
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Right-o.

*waits for regs*

Old 03-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #36
Acalewia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
Lemme see...here's a character tally (not including new characters).
Registered, we have: Lady Willow, Colomir, Curamir (not in this RPG), Hluor (not in this RPG), and Makoin. So...we have Acalewia, Elnar, and Alatar left. Gimli, of course, is in this RPG-but he can get NPCed. Once we get those regs in, we can start.
Acalewia's registered in this one, silly. Elnar is in SoH. I just haven't registered him there yet.

Old 03-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #37
Curubethion

Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia
Acalewia's registered in this one, silly. Elnar is in SoH. I just haven't registered him there yet.
I couldn't see the first page of posts while I was posting it...and I forgot to check. Oh well.
So, all we have left is Alatar. Although I'm assuming he'll be in Ms-rTR, is that correct?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #38
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

*begins to twitch*

I am really, really looking forward to all this!

Old 03-28-2006, 10:03 PM   #39
Curubethion

Strider

Hmm...let's see. I'll possibly post the game's opening post. Until we hear from rTR about whether Alatar's coming along in this one (which I'm pretty sure he is), don't post for the heros. Just post some setup for the bad guys-follow my lead!

Name: Lazhur
Race: Goblin
Profession: Goblin Captain in Moria
Weapons: Nasty, jagged goblin sword; dagger; dwarf-shield (scavenged). A jacket of ringmail.
Appearance: Tall for a goblin, so about 4'5". Wears a jacket of ringmail, plus spiky goblin armor on top. No helmet.
Personality, etc.: Just plain nasty, but cunning. Not overconfident. Likes to use others for his own personal gain. A bit of a coward, in that regard. He hates dwarves, obviously.
History: A lot of slinking around in Moria.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:46 PM   #40
Curubethion

Strider

Okay, LWR...if you want, you can post Elrohir doing whatever in Moria. Possibly fighting a duel with another goblin, or something similar. Or killing an elf or man. Don't have that character coming into contact with our major characters yet. Just do a post that gives us a good idea of his character.