Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-04-2005, 04:35 AM   #41
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Are we following the same time scheme as Lotr, so Book 1 ends at the Ford of Brunien.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:48 AM   #42
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

actually i think book one ends after the nazgul dedicated to their misiion aims of speed and secerecy have plodded around on foot galavanting around like aimlessly as if they were on a picnic party, broadcasting in their sheer numbers (and with Lily around) fear and darkness throughout the known world... as Olmer conjects ( though of course we are very open surely? to controversy and debate here still! The debates can still continue for example although i am not yet playing a particular character my horse WILL NOT be a mearas! However it might be drugged to the eyeballs when there is need for speed: which by the way answers my er answer:

Book 2 starts when sauron finally gets angry, gets back from the optician and tells the naughty nine to get serious and get North fast!

supersonic stallions 'yeeeehah!' 'ridin' ridin' ridin' etc

Maybe book 2 could end at bruinen if you like but i suspect gordis will have other ideas? eg if one horse survives the drenching?

we'll have some debate as to what happens in the rest of the books as we will have to "flesh it out" pun intended as there is not so much infomration ...

ps Chrys: great posts: i think its fine to play Gothmog, but you don't have to post in the first person all the time you are part of the narrative team too!

we'll have much chance to debate from the first person perspective much and many of Sau's blunders too: and the whys, if's and what, wherefores etc etc.

Also life support and ring lore too!
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:11 AM   #43
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

My ideas on the subject.
Part one: The Fellowship of the Ringwraiths
Book One: Strawberries and champagne ends when the nazgul return back from their Gundabad promenade and meet Sau's messangers who treatens them and sends them to Isengard to ask directions of Saruman
Book two: Supersonic Stallions when Speed not Secrecy becomes important, the nazgul go to Isengard and on to the Shire, Bree, Weathertop and then to Bruinen ford. Then Wikkie gets the only remaining mearas and returns to Mordor leaving the others behind

Part two: The Two Black Towers
Book three: Wikkie the fly by night . Wikkie collects the nazgul on his Fell beast. They go through BaradDur rehab and are given Fell Basts instead of horses.
Book four: Bathtime Blunders I am not sure, what Butterbeer meant, but I believe the nazgul follow the Ring's progress towards Mordor and say nothing to poor Sau.

Part three: The Return of the Witch King
Book Five: Wikkie seizes the One - we have to decide when and how. PJ's stupid Osgiliath scene?
Book six: Wikkie the Witch King wins Ask Squirrel and Burrrbeer how.

So the parts of our play are basically the same as in LOTR.

Sorry, I have to run,
See you in the evening
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:01 PM   #44
Telcontar_Dunedain

Maybe we could have an attack on Ithilien, Faramir wounded, perhaps killed, and Frodo and Sam either seized and tortured or killed.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 06-04-2005, 03:30 PM   #45
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

That is one possibility, though I don't want poor Faramir killed.

Another possibility is to use the scene in the Morgul Vale, when Wikkie was leading his host and stopped as he sensed the Ring. He could have got his birdie, caught Frodo and turned his host on Mordor. Thus he would avoid Eowyn as well.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #46
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

and then feign a treaty with gondor?
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:48 PM   #47
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

And then Wikkie returns as the Rightful King to Gondor, instead of Aragorn.
At least Olmer thinks he has more right to Arnor and Gondor thrones than poor Strider.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #48
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

yeh, he probably does, well anyway, all that yet to come
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:54 PM   #49
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telkontar Dunedain
"We, or one of us, must meet up with Khamûl and Mor, in Dol Guldur. We will then search the Anduin for this 'Shire' that 'Master' wants us to look for," said Wikkie commandingly. "Any objections? No, good."
TD, there is still a loo-ong way to the meeting with Khamul and Mor. Just look at the map. First we must return to Anduin bank and get clothes and horses, then ride North and then meet with Khamul and Mor at the field of Calenardon.
But why can't you describe Khamul's and Mor's life in DG and their preparations? They have about 2 weeks to wait before they sat out. They were also looking for Gollum and organized his escape.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #50
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
my horse WILL NOT be a mearas! However it might be drugged to the eyeballs when there is need for speed:
Hmm, I suggest you make it an unicorn!
Old 06-04-2005, 05:38 PM   #51
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

is there evidence any of the nine rode unicorns?

besides i don't think they have the stamina, and they would need ALOT of training to get such a lawful or 'good' beast to bear a nazgul!

like the idea the WK is the rightful heir .... good possibilites there

Morgul vale would be good, perhaps merged with LCOU's feigned treaty idea: prior to aragorn's declaration the Gondorians hear of a claim to the kingship again: being in dire straights they might well listen ....

bathtime blunders originates form the forgetful gordis, gordis!
Sam pops the ring on in Mordor etc : Sau was maybe in the bath?

Course this is after the morgul vale, but we can find plenty of sau blunders to cover this, if we go with the Morgul vale capture of the ring that is

well chapter 6 is the most controversial, but gives us the most scope too! I espcially look forward to your eager posts on that chapter Gordis i'm sure you can find a way to deal with it: Wikkie wins = the defeat of Sauron, but could also mean if you wanted it to Wikkies' peace and death: maybe he defeats sua and jumps into orodruin????

Or of course he just becomes the greatest dark lord of all time in the conventional manner and marries Gor and they all live happily evrer after!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 06-04-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:53 AM   #52
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
is there evidence any of the nine rode unicorns?

besides i don't think they have the stamina, and they would need ALOT of training to get such a lawful or 'good' beast to bear a nazgul!
I thought the only requirement for riding an unicorn is to be a certified virgin
Anyway it was just a silly joke

Quote:
well chapter 6 is the most controversial, but gives us the most scope too! I espcially look forward to your eager posts on that chapter Gordis i'm sure you can find a way to deal with it: Wikkie wins = the defeat of Sauron, but could also mean if you wanted it to Wikkies' peace and death: maybe he defeats sua and jumps into orodruin????
I think IF Wikkie becomes the Dark Lord he would hardly wish to jump into Orodruin.

Quote:
Or of course he just becomes the greatest dark lord of all time in the conventional manner and marries Gor and they all live happily evrer after!
I am afraid Lily the Squirrel has plans for Wikkie's hand as well.
It might be a nasty fight.

Hey Squirrel, if you don't reappear ASAP I will seduce your beloved Wikkie
Old 06-05-2005, 07:04 AM   #53
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

sorry, but i lost my certificate
very careless behaviour i know. Lets hope Lily hasn't still got hers ... Wikkie may like that: she might cut quite a figure riding a unicorn...

btw saw your post notifying the One in the eye thread: our next mission all: Olmer must be drawn into the fair woods of this RPG by any means fair or foul... spread out and lay in wait...

*blows hunting horn*

(not foxes chrys, just for effect)
Old 06-05-2005, 08:04 AM   #54
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Oh WHAT have I done to poor Squirrel!
That will teach her to stay away from the game she has practically started!
Old 06-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #55
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

maybe she'll like it! Its a bit like Aslan isn't? Not a tame Lion - not all squirrels are ... er .. sane : maybe good ol' absent CS will like the new touch!

(and here was me advising myself and LCOU to tone it down! as it this is a (semi) serious RPG! )

come back Chrys all is forgiven! (not that there was owt to forgive anyhow, mind)

my only concern is: will this help in the Olmer luring / baiting etc?

We will need a few others for this secondary quest: potentially three new recruits (this is including our absentee Lil' Bushy eyes and the assumed arrival of lotesse -tech problems solved)

Has Viv strayed already btw?
I wonder what the Druedan dwelling peoples make of it all? The drums'll be getting balearic soon!

best
BB
Old 06-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #56
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I am sorry, my sense of humour led me astray. I am afraid Olmer will not join on regular basis anyway.

Yes, we need more people. How do we attract them?

I think Lily (I am not sure about CS) will learn to love her new tail. It may be handy when walking and jumping. And I made it a superb tail!

I have no idea what happened to Viv. Captured by drughu? Sleeping under a tree? What do you suggest, Butterbeer?

I think Wikkie will have to find Viv himself.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:12 PM   #57
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

hey no problem: just kidding

Give up on Olmer?
Give up on Olmer?

Nay!

Nay Gordis : we have sworn the secret pact of the almost nine - or the nine wherein some are still secretly hidden from view (some having tech problems others walnut waltzing in woods of yore - or some such!)

i appreciate Olmer cannot maybe post often: we will all have times like that etc anyway: but we must seek him out and like the one and the rings of power: to this rpg BIND HIM! - even if its the only odd post or discussion element Olmer!

surely he can manage this little post, this least of posts that the nine desire?

once in a blue moon would do: it doens't quite feel complete without him: anyway Olmer would come up with some incredible input and ideas :

Be true nazgul! do not give up hope: while yet the fellowship holds together there is hope:

our secondary quest will not falter, even if by a thread it hangs:

we will seek out the One and seek his counsel!

ps regarding VIV: its in the air - lets see where it falls.

Last edited by Butterbeer : 06-05-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:10 PM   #58
Telcontar_Dunedain

We don't need that many people gordis, just a few commited ones. In the Lyrd of the Ryings there are only four regular posters and at one time there was only three, but we are over halfway through LotR.

Old 06-05-2005, 04:33 PM   #59
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I don't know much about RPG's but I feel a couple more of contributers could be good. But it is not like we get many proposals

Anyway, what has happened to Viv? Have you any idea, TD?
Old 06-05-2005, 05:15 PM   #60
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well i'm halfway between the both of you: the real thing here is as TD says commited rpg players rather than sheer numbers, but on the other hand i can think of 6 or so who are pretty regular in Lyrders and there are others who chip now and then,

so i do agree with Gordis also: i think we need some more: i'm assuming lotesse will join when she can, and that CS eventually will ... we should make every effort to get olmer involved even if its on a very occassional basis (quality over quantity everyday)

besides i have started a campaign, and i hope the others here assembled will obey the one after the prime directive and seek for the Olmer ...

TD: its up to you what happened to viv ...
*passes buck rugby style *

ps: i think fletch is very trustworthy! don't listen to these musings...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 06-05-2005 at 05:16 PM.