Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2005, 05:58 PM   #21
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

"Yes?" asked Wikkie dangerousely sweetly, "then why in the name of Morgoth haven't you helped me to deal with him?"
"Anyway he is now on the other bank, and the bridge is broken" said Gor levelly. "We better look at Viv's foot before we continue"
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #22
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

"Oh, she's always complaining!" said gothmog, scowling at the others "she can't hurt herself, look, unseen and wraithlike!!" he passed his hand through a tree trunk to illustrate his point "OWW!!" he said "tha frickin hurt!"

"told you," said viv, sticking her tongue out, althougn no one could see,
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #23
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

"Let me look at Viv's foot" proposed Eight cheerfully. In his mortal life he was a famous Rhûn temple priest, sorcerer and healer. His in-depth knowledge of human anatomy made him the best torturer among the nine.
"Thanks, Eight" said Viv in a small shaking voice "it doesn't hurt anymore"

At this moment the Witch-King turned his head eastward:
"Get up and move, NOW" he ordered sharply

"Why Wikkie, we are SO tired" pouted Lily.
"Really Wikkie…" started Five, then stopped abruptly.

Now all of them felt it. There was the Eye in the Dark Tower. A fierce eager will was there. It leaped towards them; almost like a finger they felt it, searching for them. Very soon it would nail them down, know just exactly what they were doing.

They jumped to their feet and trotted silently away from the bank.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #24
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Luckily far away in Baradur the Lord Sauron was taking advantage of his prize winning 10 free jacuzzi and massages and it was Bath-time...

" i'd better ration these baths though" he thought taking off his rings so they woiuldn't get wet " i don't want to miss anything important ...."

" another glass of Nurn 68' ?" enquired the Mouth

Meanwhile the 7 (including 5 and 8) where having a little heart to heart chat ...

"Look Wikkie, you've been in touch with Khamul the Kammakazzi what's he told you? why are we going butt naked and on foot? Is this a jolly old holiday , are we dancin' in the moonlight? or are we on business or what?

"I hear gunnabad's good this time of year" said one (not his or her name) " ... theres a good few secret Orc drinking dens down that way"

"hey why not take a trip along the river-bank down gladden way?" said another (also not his or her name) " ... some wonderful flowers along the riverside ... "

a sudden silence was met with the sentence trailing off: the nazgul who'd spoke was suddenly glad he was invisable...

then after a slight uncomfortable pause, only punctuated by Viv's occasional screech as her foot was looked at.

"...welll... " said wikkie, still somewhat exasperated with the other six (including 5 and 8)

"the trick here is SECRECY" and "speed" he mumbled looking distractedly at them all ...

'mind you' he thought, 'why not? The One eh? MMMMM....' Wikkie was jolted out of his thoughts by

"Secrecy!" screeched Lily radiating Nazgul enthusiam (fear and dread to most of the 'odd' people in these parts)

"hah!" she yodelled ....
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #25
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

"Will you shut up?!" shouted Gothmog, "That noise is going right through me!!"

he then sat down and scratched behind his ear with his leg, like a dog, whilst the others jsut looked on rather bemused.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #26
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

"Listen, all of you" said Wikkie sternly. The Master sent us to look for a land called "the Shire" and for a creature called "Baggins".

"And what sort of creature may it be?" inquired Eight quite interested in all forms of mortal life.

"It is a halfling" replied Wikkie reluctantly "It must be half of a man's height, well MY height, mark you, not YOUR height."

"Why I knew of some such, there were some in Rhovanion when I was young" cried Five. "They were quite fat and mighty good when cooked in wine and with a side of potatoes"

"Ughhh" replied Wikkie, "you will remain barbarian forever".

"But we wont eat them, will we?" asked Gor shaking with disgust.

"No, baby, no way" said Gothmog soothingly.

"That halfling… he has stolen the Master's Ring" admitted Wikkie. "That's why he is wanted".

"I thought it was that Isildur-guy who has bested the Master!" cried Lily. "Or was he bested by a HALFLING?"

"Shhhh, you fool, HE may be watching!" screeched Viv.

But Lily paid her no heed. "The ONE Ring" she breathed.
"IF we get it for us! We shall have all the Word at our feet. I SHALL BE QUEEN"

"I don't remember making a proposal to you, Lily", said Wikkie dryly.
"Nor am I going to do so anytime soon"

At that moment the first heavy drops of rain started to fall.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:19 PM   #27
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

"So..." said Gothmog dryly, "Where is this land? Shire, did you call it? Is it near the land of the White Lady? Friend to Elrond, if I remember, Elrond the thrice-accursed! Why, if t'were not for Him and his allies, the Great Land I had secured at Umbar would never have been brought under the control of Isildur, how I hated that name, and the land from whence he came. Luckily, we managed to take back our lands for the Great Lord Sauron!"
Old 06-03-2005, 05:32 PM   #28
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

"Ugh", said Wikkie, "the great lord Sauron..."

Last edited by Gordis : 06-03-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:39 PM   #29
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

"ahem" said the other 6 (including 5 and eight???)
... yess "the great lord sauron" ... multiple coughing fits ...

"so its secrecy and speed to shire?" shouted someone as all simultaneously sat down and Lilly screeched " Speed and secrecy!"

At this point the second, and third and fourth rain drops joined in, growing in confidence that this was going to be a storm to remember ....
Old 06-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #30
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

"Morgoth knows where this Shire is" said Wikkie. "Perhaps in the Anduin Vales, where this slimy Gollum once lived. Perhaps within the realm of the accursed White Witch. Anyway, the Master sent us to look in the Vales, and that is what we are doing. So move on, we have to reach the Great West road before we make the day-stop in the Druedan forest".

The storm has broken. Thunder growled overhead. Heavy curtains of rain obscured the vision. The six (including Five and Eight) were largely disoriented. Five followed Wikkie cursing in Black speech mixed with his own incomprehensible tongue. Viv trailed behind sometimes falling heavily into puddles.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #31
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

The wind howled, rain lashed down in crescendo, Lightning flashed and fear flowed on ahead of the party faster than Sauron could say "i do galadriel" ...
Old 06-04-2005, 03:05 PM   #32
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

"When we reach Mirkwood, we, or one of us, must meet up with Khamûl and Mor, in Dol Guldur. We will then search the Anduin for this 'Shire' that 'Master' wants us to look for," said Wikkie commandingly. "Any objections? No, good. This is still a long way off yet though, our main goal is to reach Mirkwood unharmed and still secret, we don't want any nasty elves on out tracks."
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 06-04-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:43 PM   #33
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

At last, wet and miserable they reached the eaves of Druedan forest and assembled in the shade of a big fir-tree.
Soon they heard a strange sound like a beat of a drum. One started, the other replied further on.

"What in the pits og Angband is that?" asked Five.

"I don't think I care" replied Gor, trying to wring the water from her invisible hair.
"And where is this stupid Viv?" asked Wikkie angrily
That was true, Viv was nowhere to be seen.

"Now, someone, go and find her" ordered Wikkie.
"Someone" has not replied. All the remaining five looked down and tried to look busy doing something.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:23 PM   #34
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Lily was the most noticeably quiet .... and her hasty attempts to look busy looked the most far-fetched thought Wikkie....
Old 06-05-2005, 08:00 AM   #35
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

"Now, Lily," said Wikkie coldly,"you can at last do something useful. Go and find Viv."

"Why me???" screeched Lily at the top of her voice. "Why it's always me?"

"It will teach you to return the engagement ring once you break the engagement" sneered Five.

When back in the Second Age the Dark Lord distributed the nine rings among Men, he had entirely forgotten the bad habit of human males to give rings as presents to their sweethearts. Thus when a young king of Umbar got a beautiful shiny ring, he immediately presented it to Lily. So here she was now as a wraith, much to Sau's anger and disappointment. Gor and Viv followed suite, making Sau's Nazgul project a 30% failure from the start.

"Go now, before I turn you into something unnatural," continued Wikkie unperturbed.

"What can be more unnatural than an undead ringwraith? wailed Lily. "You simply hate me! You are so MEAN!"

"Lil, you better obey," advised Gordis, knowing Lily to be in big trouble as Wikkie's eyes turned to burning coals.

But it was already late. The Witch-King uttered a verse in a long-forgotten tongue. A blinding flash of white light stunned the fellowship. When the five opened their eyes they saw that Wikkie had disappeared leaving a distinct smell of sulfur behind.

"Oh, Lil," whispered Gor, staring at Lily in wonder. Gothmog, Five and Eight, both frightened and excited, stared at Lily as well.

"What? What's the matter with me?" asked Lily in a shaking voice.

"Uhm, Lil, I don't want to upset you, but now you have something new," replied Gor pointing at something behind Lily. Lily turned, but saw nothing.

"You better look up", advised Eight cheerfully. Five howled with laugher.

Lily looked up and saw the tip of a marvelous black bushy tail reaching well above her head.

"And you have squirrel's ears too" continued Gor sympathetically.

Lily let out a long ear-splitting wail.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #36
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

"Nuts!" she shrieked, a shriek to out-do any previous one or off-scale any shriek-ometer ever made.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:45 PM   #37
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

"Nice tail" ventured Eight, tugging at it experimentally. The tail was solidly attached to Lil's backside. Gothmog and Five also approached to pet Lily's new ears.

Lily fought like a wildcat screaming at the top of her voice.

The gondorian soldiers on patrol on the road tried to control their terrified mounts. "The storm howls with a fell voice", said the leader, "we better be off".
The drums in the wood stopped abruptly as Ghan-Buri-Ghan's people retreated to the furthest reaches of the Forest.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #38
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

even the local squirrels hot-footed it away leaping from bough to bough: they were worried ..

"where is chief crazy squirrel?" they chittered en masse
Old 06-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #39
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Shaking from fright Viv got out of a deep puddle. She was always terrified of water. The others were nowhere to be seen. "They have abandoned me, rats!" whined Viv.

Suddenly she turned her head as she caught an unexpected smell on the wind. A reek of mortal blood there was, but also a heady fragrance that made her mouth water.
"Strawberries!" shrieked Viv.

All her misery forgotten, she turned off the road and headed for a small farmhouse nearby.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #40
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

She followed the scent into the empty farmhouse and devoured the strawberries. She was about to return to Group when another, slightly different scent reached her.
"Strawberries and Champagne!," she shrieked, running off towards the nearby Drug village.

With a loud bang Wikkie appeared near to where Viv had first smelled strawberries. Wikkiealso picked up on the scent and follow Viv's footsteps intothe farmhouse. After finding out that the strawberries from the farmouse had been eaten, he made his way towards the village, determined to find strawberries.
He reached the village, to find Viv holding a Drug by throat and shaking him.
"Viv. What on Middle-earth do you think you are doing?" screamed Wikkie.
"He tried to take my Strawberries and Champagne," whimpered Viv.
"Ok, fair enough. I mean umm, they can't see you, all they could see was hovering Strawberries and Champagne bottles," replied Wikkie dragging Viv back towards camp. "The current aim of our mission is to reach Mirkwood un-noticed."
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote