Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Sure Wikkie could master the Ring and could defeat Sauron! And probably he would, if he got the ringie from the hobbits. That would be a BIG surprise for Sauron-dude. An interesting development in the book, how do you think?
Lord of the Rings by CrazySquirrel

Part one: The Fellowship of the Ringwraiths
Part two: The Two Black Towers
Part three: The Return of the Witch King

It might make a good RPG!
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

That WOULD make a good RPG!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
But what do you think Sauron used the Nine Rings for, CS? Couldn't he control the nazgul with them?
But the One is better than the Nine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
Lord of the Rings by CrazySquirrel

It might make a good RPG!
I LOVE IT!!
How one can make an RPG? What one needs to write?
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

[QUOTE=gordis]Lord of the Rings by CrazySquirrel

Book One: Strawberrys and champagne
Book two: Supersonic Stallions

Book three: Wikkie the fly by night
Book four: Bathtime Blunders

Book Five: Wikkie seizes the One
Book six: Wikkie the Witch King wins

i think you just suggest a rpg thread and post an outline of how you want your RPG to go: you could merge theories and fun as posted in various threads into this rpg:

eg:

Gordis: Sau is in the bath again

Olmer: thinking about galadriel and humming 'hear comes the bride...'

CS: meanwhile Wikkie is cocking his straw hat to a raffish jaunty angle while punting up the flower strewn meadows of the Anduin

Butterbeer (ooc) : I think this rpg thread is getting too silly.

TD: meanwhile aragorn takes Gollum to Lothlorien ....
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:24 AM   #5
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Thank you Butterbeer!
I only afraid I will not have enough time to maintain the thread. Perhaps you could post the RPG thread if you like it? Then I could participate when I have a spare moment.
And you, Gordis and Lotesse and Telcontar Dunadan and Olmer, will you participate?

I have an impression that we can move the "ASK Gollum" thing from the Movie forum into RPG and develop it further into the "Fellowship of the Ringwraiths". I like the turn it has taken, very funny to read all these E-mails. I only have no idea how to do it technically...
Do we need MODERATORS for that?

Help me please, Butterbeer, you seem the RPG professional
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:38 PM   #6
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Thank you Butterbeer!
I only afraid I will not have enough time to maintain the thread. Perhaps you could post the RPG thread if you like it? Then I could participate when I have a spare moment.
And you, Gordis and Lotesse and Telcontar Dunadan and Olmer, will you participate?

I have an impression that we can move the "ASK Gollum" thing from the Movie forum into RPG and develop it further into the "Fellowship of the Ringwraiths". I like the turn it has taken, very funny to read all these E-mails. I only have no idea how to do it technically...
Do we need MODERATORS for that?

Help me please, Butterbeer, you seem the RPG professional

..er.. thanks can't say i am: but i know who is ... ask Earniel she'll tell you what to do! on an aside : great idea but (maybe i'm wrong) but i can't see either Gordis or Olmer participating in an RPG - though i suggest they'd both enjoy it : and be most welcome too! (TD is a seasoned warrior of RPG's from what i can tell and Lotesse would fit right in seemlessly)

cheers! i'd keep the gollum separate, but if i'm correct in what your RPG would be CS it'd take topical Moot points from ALL the threads anyway: this could be the King of all RPG's of all time ( Disclaimer: beware of Hyperbole)

go ahead and post it : talk to Earniel about how you do it!
Old 05-31-2005, 04:34 PM   #7
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Hmm, it looks like the RPG is already posted! AND what is funny under my name!

As for participating, I would try to do what I am able to...

Anyways, I think I can post some intro.
But isn't it necessary to post a separate discussion thread?
Old 05-31-2005, 04:43 PM   #8
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I'll post some, but I'm already involved with three RPG's, but I'll do a bit now and again.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:47 PM   #9
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Introduction

Hi, All!

Earniel has moved our budding RPG into the right place. Thank you, Earniel!

Now it seems we shall better start it properly.

So the proposed Dark LOTR consists of the following parts:

Book One: Strawberries and champagne
Book two: Supersonic Stallions

Book three: Wikkie the fly by night
Book four: Bathtime Blunders

Book Five: Wikkie seizes the One
Book six: Wikkie the Witch King wins

Everyone is free to propose chapter titles!

The idea is (as you may have already guessed) is to reconstruct "The hunt for the Ring" in UT and main LOTR events as an AU story told from the Dark Side (mainly nazgul) POV.

The Prologue.
I suggest we start with Gollum's interrogation and Sau's musings on the proper course to take. He sends the Nazgul to look in the Vales of Anduin.

Book 1. Strawberries and champagne

Then we move to how the nazgul set out UNCLAD and UNMOUNTED and probably not very happy about it .

In two weeks time they got their horses and clothes ferried over the river and met the remaining 2 nazgul (Khamul and other) from Dol Guldur.

Then we describe their 50+ days long journey up and down the Vales of Anduin. If you read Olmer's post (In defence of the Ringwraiths) you will see they were not at all in a hurry and probably were enjoying themselves .

http://www.entmoot.com/showthread.php?t=11425

Olmer also suggested that the last thing they wanted was to find the Ring.
I suggest we all follow this version.

Everyone is most welcome to join. Just hop in and continue the story!
Especially the famous "IF" community!
Old 05-31-2005, 04:50 PM   #10
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote from UT

Now I shall post a long quote from the Hunt for the Ring just for reference, for those here who have not read the Unfinished Tales:

Quote:
Now Sauron learning of the capture of Gollum by the chiefs of his enemies was in great haste and fear… At length he resolved that no others would serve him in this case but his mightiest servants, the Ringwraiths…The Lord of Morgul was sent forth openly to battle against Gondor…Therefore when Osgiliath was taken and the bridge broken Sauron stayed the assault, and the Nazgûl were ordered to begin the search for the Ring. But Sauron did not underesteem the powers and vigilance of the Wise, and the Nazgûl were commanded to act as secretly as they could. Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamûl the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's lieutenant, with one other as his messenger.
The Lord of Morgul therefore led his companions over Anduin, unclad and unmounted, and invisible to eyes, and yet a terror to all living things that they passed near. It was, maybe, on the first day of July that they went forth. They passed slowly and in stealth, through Anórien, and over the Entwade, and so into the Wold, and rumour of darkness and a dread of men knew not what went before them. They reached the west-shores of Anduin a little north of Sarn Gebir, as they had trysted; and there received horses and raiment that were secretly ferried over the River. This was (it is thought) about the seventeenth of July. Then they passed northward seeking for the Shire, the land of the Halflings.
About the twenty-second of July they met their companions, the Nazgûl of Dol Guldur, in the Field of Celebrant. There they learned that Gollum had eluded both the Orcs that recaptured him, and the Elves that pursued them, and had vanished. They were told also by Khamûl that no dwelling of Halflings could be discovered in the Vales of Anduin, and that the villages of the Stoors by the Gladden had long been deserted. But the Lord of Morgul, seeing no better counsel, determined still to seek northward, hoping maybe to come upon Gollum as well as to discover the Shire. That this would prove to be not far from the hated land of Lórien seemed to him not unlikely, if it was not indeed within the fences of Galadriel. But the power of the White Ring he would not defy, nor enter yet into Lórien. Passing therefore between Lórien and the Mountains the Nine rode ever on into the North; and terror went before them and lingered behind them; but they did not find what they sought nor learn any news that availed them.
At length they returned; but the summer was now far waned, and the wrath and fear of Sauron was mounting. When they came back to the Wold September had come; and there they met messengers from Barad-dûr conveying threats from their Master that filled even the Morgul-lord with dismay…Speed alone would now serve, and secrecy must be abandoned.
That will be our book I
Old 05-31-2005, 05:47 PM   #11
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Here it begins

The Dark Lord Sauron was relaxing in the Dark bathtub in the Dark Tower in the Dark land of Mordor. The bath was filled to the brink with clearest Morgulduin water, brought by orcs all the way from the Morgul Vale. The sweet scent of Morgul Vale pale flowers filled the room.
The tall figure of the Mouth hovered nearby, trying to anticipate his Master's wishes.
Horrible screams were coming through an open door of the adjoining room. The Dark Lord turned his head and smiled appreciatively.

- Preciousss, Gollm! My preciousss! The tief Baggins stole it! Gollum! It stole the presiouss from usss!

- What in the pits of Angband is this Preciouss? -asked Sauron without much interest

The sound of a heavy blow came from the next room.
- Round but not a wheel,
- Yellow but not the sun
- Shiny but no fish
- And with a hole in the middle!

-And what may that mean? - asked Sauron addressing no one in particular and reaching for more scented soap.

The Mouth of Sauron was shaking all over as the answer came to him
-Ma… Master, IT IS YOUR RING

Last edited by Gordis : 06-01-2005 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:45 PM   #12
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

At that very momment with a melodious electronic sound somewhat like a stone avalanche falling on a balrogs head with a distant "fool of a took" after echo jingle, Sauron jerked upright in the bath: an email had arrived!

"eye' eye' " he thought momentarily distracted and somewhat carelessly ignoring the verbose Mouth and his rude and corse remarks about the cleanliness of his bath-tub ... he used the prototype eye technology to view the email..

To: Mr. D. L.Sauron
From: The offices of Fish, Fishy and Fishier representing Mr. S. Gollum
Re: Congratulations you have won

Dear sir: this is not SPAM! you have been chosen to win our top prize of 10 free jacuzzi baths with our exclusive scent of Morgul vale massage service: simply release our client Mr S Gollum as courier with nominal afore-thought and you too can enjoy the relaxing sensation of reckless decisions without further fear of any action on our part.

Respond now and recieve this complimentary 'gorgeous' Galadriel's "a girl's Guide to Romance Guide" book absolutety free .....

* the Mouth of sauron's jaw dropped: mouth akimbo .....*
Old 05-31-2005, 07:14 PM   #13
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Setting out

To: Mordacar, the 4th nazgul at DolGuldur

Dear Mor,

It looks like we are in for an adventure. All the nine together like old times…

There is something important afoot, if you get my meaning. Can't say more, as this letter will be given to an orc runner, best we be careful. But you shall learn all soon enough.

Anyway, this evening we set out. On FOOT! And completely ugh.. UNCLAD. Not that it bothers me much, as no one can see us, including ourselves. And in the spirit word we always wear those grey robes and helms and what's not.

But the girls are angry anyway.

Lily wanted to put her favourite black dress with tiny silver skeletons embroidered along the hem. And Vin is just too shy. As for Gor, she is too preoccupied with the loss of her favourite device, this compu-tir of hers. It is something like a palantir, but worse, as it gives no real information, but only allows to communicate with other spirits. She used to spend all nights peering at its screen. Now no one realized how much she has become addicted to it. When we told her about the Lord's order, she only said "Mmmm" as she usually does, but when she finally realized that she has to go and leave the compu-tir behind, she started to SCREECH! You know the girls are much better at this than we, guys… So her shriek could be heard in Minas Tirith, no joking. Then Wikkie got mad and ordered to drag her away from it. Wikkie is not his old charming self anymore, ever since he lost his ring. We left Gor weeping, locked in her room till the evening. And an hour later an orc was caught telling his buddies that "Those filthy shriekers torture even their own kind". I have frozen the flesh off his dirty bones personally, but there is no way to stop the talk.
Lil also gives me some concern, wasn't she reassigned to Morgul after she has taken to running through Mirkwood screeching: "I am a crazy black squirrel" and frightening the elves all around?

Wikkie has already left to take the bridges of Osgiliath. He was so mad at the girls that I believe his "shadow of terror" will be really impressive.

Well, time to go.

Yours truly
Gothmog the Third.

Last edited by Gordis : 04-13-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:59 AM   #14
Telcontar_Dunedain

To: Khamûl

Dear Khamûl.
Our 'Dark Lord' has issued the command that we should set out in search of this Ring that he wants. We will go unclad, as our Lord thinks that secrecy is much more important than speed. He has said that if we do not search, then he will drop our rings into Mount Doom, and we will die.
See you whenever we reach the Anduin.
Best Wishes.
Wikkie.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 06-01-2005, 05:10 AM   #15
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

"Hey Gor!" whispered Lily, tapping on the locked door
"Chin up! old bean." breathed Lily

"word has come from Khamûl: Wikkie's said there's no rush! We're going down to the riverside: this could be a merry old jaunt after all!"

Gor looked up and went over to the door " Will Wikkie let me take my omp u' Tir?"

"I don't know, G i really dont" Lily's mind was racing: maybe she could contact Khamul and arrange a boating trip? The Anduin in the moonlight!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 06-01-2005 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:58 AM   #16
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

The sun slowly sat in its red glory as heavy clouds were gathering in the West. The tiny crescent of the new moon appeared in the east. Minas Morgul was in deep shadow. Black horses stomped their feet in the courtyard awaiting the departure to the bridges of Osgiliath. Five of the six were already mounted, even the dejected Gordis. Everybody was waitng for Buzukkumarz-the Five to appear. But he was otherwise occupied.

Five slowly crept into the dark storage room where bags destined to be ferried over the river were being prepared. Black saddlebags contained weapons and dull black unisex-styled black robes. Five smirked thinking about Lil's certain disappointment when she sees the robes. The luggage was surprisingly bulky. One bag in particular was enormous. Five carefully opened it and found Gor's Compu-Tir, screen and all!

-Well, Lily must have been here first - muttered Five under his nose.

Grinning evilly, Five removed the magic device and replaced it with two dozens bottles of the finest Nurn 2935 wine he has selected in the Morgul caves just after Wikkie's departure. Five retied the bag and hurried to the courtyard.

Last edited by Gordis : 09-24-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:16 PM   #17
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

The black horses looked impressive in the moonlight.

"Just how fast are they and just how noble a lineage do they come from?" asked a shadowy figure innocently.

"oh! wheres 'hawai' five"? asked Lilly impatiently.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:50 PM   #18
Telcontar_Dunedain

Within almost no time the Nazgûl were headed off for Osgiliath, were after a brief confrontation with a few petty men, they would head for Dol Guldur. Or that was the plan.
Swiftly the Nazgûl reached Osgiliath aboard there swift horses. On reaching Osgiliath they unsheathed their swords hoping to do some damage. They soon found the battle was going well. After a while they found Wikkie and Gothmog whispered something in his ear.
"For some reason our 'Great Lord' Sauron has said that the people of Gondor are not to be destroyed in this battle, he has something bigger and better planned for that."
"Bigger and better?" replied Wikkie. "I have worked and killed alot for this, I'm not letting them run off to hide in their castle."
"He thought you might say that. He said to remind you about a certain peice of jewellrey he has. Talking of jewellrey, thats exacly what we are looking for. The One Ring. Imagine, Wikkie, what you could do with that," replied Gothmog. At this a smile broadened across Wikkies face, but was soon taken off by a loud cry.
"Gondor!" A man with raven coloured hair leaped towards Wikkie, who pushed Gothmog away. It was the Gondorian Captain.
"You slime. You think you can kill me. No living man can kill me," sneered Wikkie, but the Captain took no notice and slashed at Wikkie, who parryed. Long this went on.
"You shall never defeat me," shouted the Captain, who was stricked to the floor. "I am Boromir son of Denethor, Lord of Gondor and it's Realms."
"Boromir?"said Wikkie in horror, but you're dead. You died long ago."
"Oh no I didn't." replied Boromir, and the sign of Wikkie retreating. "Yeah you better keep walking."
"It's Boromir," said Wikkie to the other Nazgûl.
"It can't be," saig Five. "He died hundreds of years ago. We're the only men with life spans that long anyway."
"I don't care," said Wikkie. "I say we find this Ring, for us."
"Yeah," shouted Lily. At that moment the bridge began to crumble, and the Nazgûl took off their robes, and quickly (or as quickly as unclad Nazgûl could) fled across the breaking bridge, leaving the Orcs comanderless.

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 06-02-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:34 PM   #19
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

They run like a wind over the bridge and to the western bank, pushing the unsuspecting men and orcs into the water. Viv as usual was falling back, but the fear of tumbling into the dark waters urged her on. At last, they stopped and fell to the grass panting. The Witch-King remained standing and surveyed his companions with hardly concealed disgust.

"Where are we now?" asked Gor
"Ugh, we are through it seems" cried Lily happily.
"Schhh", said Gothmog, "there is no use to screech if you want to remain undetected"
"I am NOT screeching"
"Yes you are" the Five and the Eight replied simultaneously
"NO I AM NOT" screeched Lily even louder

"I have a thorn in my foot" whimpered Viv..

Wikkie's eyes turned to a brighter shade of red, a warning that the others unwisely disregarded
Old 06-01-2005, 05:40 PM   #20
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

gothmog looked around
"You know, guys," he said "I am not sure we should have let that boromir go, ghost or no!"
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote