Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2006, 05:42 PM   #21
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Some hours later, Tidus woke up, and noticed a woman and a dwarf sleeping nearby. At first sight of the woman, he felt some sort of pang within him, but couldn't think of what it was. Then he noticed the dwarf. So wakening Oak, he asked "What's that dwarf doing here?"
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.

Last edited by jammi567 : 07-18-2006 at 03:26 PM.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:42 PM   #22
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

The twigs in Oak Leaf's round crown shifted around as she pondered Barion's story. She finally spoke. "You are only one Dwarf. Against Dragons, Balogs and Spiders?" She shook her leafy crown. "That will never do. I will go with you". The Oak's crown rustled again as she was thinking. It was as if she was not sure what to call herself. She finally spoke. "Speaking Oak can crush Fell Beasts with roots and branches".

(Tidus, I didn't know what to do with your post since Barion and Jiana did not actually climb into my branches to sleep in their posts. Could you please fix the post. )

Just call me Oakie

Last edited by Huorn : 07-16-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #23
jammi567

(Opppps, my mistake, i just assumed, that's all).
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:58 PM   #24
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana relaxed her grip on her dagger. "I need some where to sleep; may I use your branches?" She bowed curteously to the oak, sheathing her dagger. "I am wandering, and have lost my horse." She eyed the man suspiciously, but did not address him.

Last edited by Jiana_the_Strong : 07-17-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Jiana_the_Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #25
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

The Oak heard the woman talking to her and approaching her. She found the bow courtious and rather remiscent of some short fellows who had visited Treebeard long ago. "You are an unhasty one after all," Oak Leaf said. "You may sleep in my branches.

Just call me Oakie

Last edited by Huorn : 07-17-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #26
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

"Thank you, M'lady." Jiana moved towards the tree, wondering if she should climb it, or if it was considered rude to do that.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:28 AM   #27
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

Oak Leaf noticed hesitation on Jiana's part. She offered her arm branch for use as a step and tipped her crown forward a little, so that the woman could grab a hold of her branches and climb into them.

Just call me Oakie
Old 07-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #28
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana climbed up nimbly, ignoring the man, and settled herself comfortably in the strong branches.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #29
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

Oak Leaf offered her branch to Barion. "You may ride my branches. I take you to fight Dragons and Spiders"

Just call me Oakie
Old 07-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #30
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

**Hey everyone, I might be able to post once more today [Thursday], but Friday thru Monday I will be gone on vacation. Sorry, but when I get back, I will post right away. **
Old 07-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #31
jammi567

so what's your post then.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #32
JTB
Enting

Barion nodded delightfully. "Thank you, Oak Leaf, Huorness of Great. We must travel West, for some supplies and shelter. Then we make East for the Dawncrystal. i thank you for your help."

He climbed up and nestled himself in the branches, and slept.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:35 PM   #33
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

After Barion climbed into her branches Oak Leaf headed West in the East/West road out of Mirkwood. The landscape opened out into a wide grassy turf dotted here and there by beech trees. At this point Oak Leaf was the only Oak on it. The air was sticky and heavy with moisture. The sun rays were weakened by the grey mist that hung in the air. Oak Leaf's keen nose caught the scent of smoke from some campfire. Soldiers were about. That didn't not concern the Oak. She could slip past them.

Camping in the grass were some Orcs. Scufbag was a little Orc with a snuffling nose. He was knawing on a raw rabbit when he glimpsed a shadow accompanied by rustling. It caused the light under the beech trees to wink out for a few moments. "Hey, wots that?"

"It, jist th' wind. Back to yer eatin". Snarled Glotz, the Captain.

"Meby it's one of them Huorn things in the stories," Scufbag replied. "They can cloak in shadow".

"Ah nonesense," Glotz barked. "Huorns live in herds and they live in Fangorn, not out here".

Oak Leaf had slipped away. She continued until she reached the Old Ford Bridge. Now it was nightfall By the bridge was a cottage. The windows of the cottage glowed warmly. From the inside, Oak Leaf could hear the sounds of an Inn. Swing in the outside was a sign that read "The Old Ford Inn".

Just call me Oakie

Last edited by Huorn : 07-20-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:13 PM   #34
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana awoke to see the inn sign. She wondered what they were doing there.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:04 AM   #35
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

OoC: Sorry to barge in, but I couldn't help remarking your unusual name, Jiana. The very first playmate I ever had, when I was just 2-3 years old, was a girl named, you guessed it, Jiana, who live across the hall. The only difference was, she was not very strong, and cried a lot every time she fell over, or broke a toy or anything like that.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #36
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

**wow. well you can be sure my character is nothing like that... .....but that is interesting**