Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Discussion Thread no 7 of Nazgul-Kings, the new tharbad arises ...

Discussion Thread no 7 of Nazgul-Kings, the new tharbad arises ...

here be the discussion thread for part II of wariths ...a new tharbad with new players and charcters ... and may she sail with fair winds and onto renowkn ...

new characters shjold do a bio first in the other thread i am too lazy to post a link to ...

after the attack of the corsairs on Thrbad ... The watch is recruiting ... publicand and fast food etearies along the river are haviong a party even as we speak ...
Old 07-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

ok then. so how many characters/players do you think we should have min/max?
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

A new Tharbad with new players, etc. etc., needs to be a new RPG, not a Part 2 of Of Wraiths. Please consider, out of respect for the writers of Of Wraiths, NOT doing this, BB. Please realise it is disrespectful to the writers who created the RPG, whose ideas and thought and creative energy and nlove and time went into developing the entire storyline, the Tharbad layout, the houses, the landscape, the wraiths themselves for whom the story is NAMED and around whom the entire storyline was constructed. And if you do decide to start a NEW RPG, and would like to incude wraiths, I venture to suggest to you that they are not to bear the names and characteristics given them by the people here who invented them in the first place.

In fact, why not start a new RPG themed in a different city altogether, where new writers can fashion the cityscape themselves?

Meh. I am vehemently opposed to this Part 2 idea of yours, BB. It does a great disservice to the owners of the characters & ideas which belong to Of Wraiths. There is no part two; the story has wrapped.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 07-20-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

you've got a point there. butterbeer, i don't want to be a part of it, if it's going to be part two of something that sounds like that a lot of people have put hard work into creating. however, if it's a totally new idea, then yeh, i will join.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #5
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

if you left it you have no further say. period.

i never left thus Bumbledore and constable BB will play on.

simple. end of story

( no disrespect lotsy dearest - heh, how are you btw?)

no one else's charcters will be mentioned or used ... those that wish to continue continue anew with new plots sans wraiths.

if serenoli wishes to continue her character she is free to do so.

So am i.

if sane or maggie or earniel or rian or valandil or TD or sun-star etc etc wish to develop their characters in a new friendly city based part II ..they are free to do so.. and frankly i am not about to discuss it.

i never left ...my characters continue ... *shrugs*

its part II ... anew story begins ...every city has seven million stories ya know!

(heh - great to see ya though!!! very best BB x x x )

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-20-2006 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

just to clarify - this is about the watch, but in tharbad the same city we spent so much times fleshing out .... the wraiths have left ..anyone who left has no further right to stop those who wish to continue.

My last word on the subject

clear and simple.

Jammi it is a new storyline within the same city and world we created in the last rpg .. it is a clear part II with a fresh new cast ... you are welcome and can start your charcter from afresh!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-20-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #7
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

No disrespect? Are you KIDDING me? You show nothing but disrespect in attempting to do this, Butterbeer. Absolute disregard for the people who created this RPG and developed its characters, cityscape, houses, storyline centered around the WRAITHS, you show a flagrant, egocentric, glaring disrespect for the people who collectively OWN this story, and if you felt so strongly about continuing to play your characters after the RPG ended, you could have spoken up then. But you did not. And now you want to just avail yourself of the old storyline, like it's your own right to do so, irregardless of the rights and feelings of the REST of us who created the RPG, and who brought it to its conclusion?

SHAME

ON

YOU.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #8
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

actually not true ...go check my posts ..i have always said it is not dead for me .. .... the post are out there 2 or 3 for real ... if you do not beleive me go through my posts you will find them

... if people left they left - what can i do about it?

that is their decision ... but they cannot stop those that wish to continue continuing ... think aboutit ..how arrogant might that appear ???

calm down a mo and look at it from my perspective ... i started this, i left the moot on a break but never the game and you lot blew it up whilst i was gone ...

i now play on ..if ya left ...thats it - your call ...*shrugs again*

anyway - i must away to bed ...

god but it's good to see ya on good form though!

love ya, even when ya are mad at me, BB xx

night all!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-20-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:25 PM   #9
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Tharbad was designed and very painstakingly developed over a long period of time by the people who no longer participate, since our RPG ENDED. ENDED. No part 2, where you can presumptuously avail yourself of the existing layout which is the work of the writers who collectively OWN this story. WEhat you are attrempting to do is wrong, on so many levels. Start a new RPG, entitled something else, set it in either another city or Tharbad if you like but withOUT the setting, buildings, layout, etc. which do NOT belong to you. They belong to the writers of Of Wraiths, a project which had a beginning, a middle and an END. Your attempt to hijack other people's work is revolting, and shameful.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:31 PM   #10
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, that's odd then ...

what you appear to be saying thus, is; it belongs soley to you (lotsy the one and only) alone and no one else: because you apparently have the sole right to say this is wrong!!!

by your own very argument I, for one have a say, as does Earniel and Valandil and Gordis, and Sane, and TD and GW and CS and Maggie and Serenoli etc etc etc ...

yet you, one alone have the god like right to say tis wrong? /.. and in the same breath say i am wrong, as one alone?

gord you got some balls!

hah!

gotta luv ya fiery irish / italian temper!

BB x x x (sorry am in too godd a mood to argue .. i think i am in love .... in RL of course! )

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-20-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #11
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

No, Butterbeer, what I am saying is precisely the opposite; nice try on the twisting, BB. The RPG belongs to EVERYONE, not merely you. I am speaking on behalf of EVERYONE who conceived the idea and started and developed Of Wraiths. Gordis, Crazy Squirrel, TD, Valandil, Earniel, Grey Wolf, Lady M, Shah, Serenoli, Udu, etcetera etcetera. Your arrogance and presumption is revolting, Butterbeer.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:15 PM   #12
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

I agree that the former game is over and done with. The game thread had been left without a padlock before - either an oversight, or a sentimental gesture.

But I'll take care of turning off the lights and locking up now.

Closing.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Closed Thread