Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-15-2005, 04:33 PM   #21
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

MM's - Miriel and Malaphel

Miriel and Malaphel (nicknamed MM’s)
Public characters

Daughters of Lord Azrabel, Governor of Tharbad and Lady Nimloth, his wife.

Pretty girls in their early thirties, have recently come of age to be admitted to public receptions and barely old enough to start thinking about marriage.
Miriel, the eldest daughter, is a tall and noble looking blonde, a bit flat in the chest. At the Chancellor’s reception was wearing an orange ball dress. Malaphel is smaller and more on the plump side, she has chestnut hair. She was wearing forest green gown at the Reception.
Miriel thinks Malaphel is stupid, but, in fact, the younger one always has better ideas.
Both hate "She-Elves"

The girls are noble enough to aspire for a royal marriage. They
decided that one of them should marry the King .

MM’s and Aiwendis
The two girls, nicknamed MM’s, were considered to be Aiwendis’s best friends. They were approximately of the same age, and were by far the noblest young ladies of marriageable age in Tharbad. Over three years of their acquaintance, they grew to dislike Aiwendis intensely, deeming her haughty and condescending. Aiwendis always politely declined the repeated invitations to the Ladies Embroidery Circle or the Music Circle, pretending to be too occupied with her household choirs. There was talk in Tharbad that she never embroidered a single kerchief in her life, and the Governor’s daughters believed it readily. When MM’s called on Aiwendis, she quietly admitted them to her study, filled with books and flowers, but seemed never interested in the latest Tharbad gossip, and grew visibly bored and slightly sarcastic when the talk drifted to discussing possible matches, ways of catching good husbands and "what it would be like to be married."

MM’s and the Chancellor
MM’s believed it was a shame that a still young man of the Royal line remained unmarried, especially when he was that damnably handsome as Lord Ilmenzor! Before the arrival of King Val, both girls were determined to remedy to this incongruence. The Chancellor himself seemed much amused by their girlish attempts at flirting, and was not icy-cold at all, when with them. But, whenever any of the girls chanced to meet him alone, which, by the way, required hours of careful stalking and waiting, Aiwendis always appeared on the spot in no time at all, and cut the interview short.

MM’s and Udu-Maethor
MM’s met Professor Maethor at the reception and proposed to take him around Tharbad. Udu decided to use them as sources of information.
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:05 PM   #22
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Biography of Khamûl AKA Galadannun

Name: Khamul
Mooter behind the character: Telcontar_Dunedain
Race: Nazgul. Second in Command.
Picture: http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/atta...tachmentid=966

Khamul: Real Story

Khamul was born in 1640 SA in Rhun. His parents weren’t of royal or noble lineage they were in fact they were quite poor. Khamul was the eldest of six children from which he learnt that in life you had to have a degree of cruelty to get anywhere. From early signs of childhood Khamul showed signs of leadership and cruelty. At they age of three he cut off the head of his younger brother’s only toy with his father’s knife, when he would not do as Khamul had asked. When he reached the age of 10 Khamul was the leader of his neighbourhood gang which left many members of other nearby gangs quite severly injured. Even from this age Khamul ruled with fear, which commanded the loyalty of many, and often injured first and asked questions later.
In 1660 a troop of Orcs attacked Khamul village and killed his family before escaping with everything his family owned. Khamul took up his father’s sword and led the remainder of the village and slaughtered the party of Orcs. A man Khamul had never noticed before took him in and taught him all he knew of sorcery and trained him as a skilled warrior. When Khamul was 35 a man who named himself Atanatar gave Khamul a Ring to enhance his powers. Within six months the Ring began to effect Khamul in ways that seemed strange. He stopped ageing, and no longer felt alive. Khamûl was aapointed Ruler of Rhun and Khand where he ruled in fear and soon became known as the Shadow of the East. 15 years after this it was realised that Khamûl showed no sign of aging. Khamûl realised that this had something to do with his Ring. He soon left his kingdom and came to Mordor where he became the Second of the Nazgul.

Fake Story Used in Tharbad

Galadannun son of Aldacar. His father was a Numenorean but his mother was an Easterling. His younger brother Pengolod and younger sister Lilaewen are both attending the University. He met the Chancellor in Harad after the Last Alliance and has received news of the accident with the old Professor of Oriental Languages and was asked to fill the position.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 11-16-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:38 AM   #23
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Character name - Tyaron

Mooter behind the character - R*an

Picture of character - This picture of Fingon (the guy with the dark hair), from the story of Fingon's rescue of Maedhros in the Silmarillion, is roughly how I picture Tyaron, except I don't like his chin (too long!) and ears (too weird!) What I like is the dark hair, and his expression. I love the story of how Fingon just goes, all by himself and without telling anyone, to rescue his close friend Maedhros, even though he believes (wrongly) that Maedhros had betrayed him. His love for his good friend let him forgive the supposed betrayal, and made him undertake a desperate venture to save Maedhros, even though it was almost certain death. And I love how he takes his harp with him! I mean, tough journey over terrible terrain - "OK, better pack light and take only essentials - food, check; weapons, check; harp, check"

Here's the pic: Fingon and Maedhros

Brief history -
Tyaron is an elf from Gondolin. He was aligned with the house of the king, and then Tuor's house - the house of the swan. He is best friends with R*an's brother Alagos, and always looked out for R*an when they were growing up. He is the same age as her brother (about 10 years older than R*an).

His name means "doer" (Q. tyaro, doer), and he's a doer in the sense of Fingon - strong and a bit quiet, but tenacious - if there's something he wants done, he'll stick with it and get it done, even though others might fail or give up. He knows his mind and what he wants. And one thing he wants is R*an! although that is proving a challenge.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-24-2005 at 12:44 AM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:44 AM   #24
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Character name - Alagos

Mooter behind the character - R*an

Picture of character - This picture of Maedhros (the guy with the red hair), from the story of Fingon's rescue of Maedhros in the Silmarillion, is roughly how I picture Alagos, except he has dark brown hair, stylishly elvish-male long.

Here's the pic: Fingon and Maedhros

Brief history -
Alagos is R*an's older brother. His name means "windstorm" - he was born on a windstormy night, and came out squalling! He's rather impetuous and quick-tempered, and loves to laugh and talk and run (like the wind!). The picture of Fingon rescuing Maedhros has been re-enacted several times by Tyaron and Alagos, as Alagos tends to get into trouble and has to be rescued by his best friend Tyaron.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-24-2005 at 12:46 AM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:11 AM   #25
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Character Name: Jas Fernik
Mooter Behind Character: Serenoli

Race: Human
Appearance: Hmm... didn't think of this. My own impression is that of a rather insignificant man, thin, with a dry voice. But I think, I'll just let everyone form their own impressions of Jas appearance-wise.

Character description:

Jas Fernik was born and bred near Tharbad. His father, a wine-merchant gave him his love of wine, and later in his life, he formally studied wine-tasting, and made teaching it his vocation in life. Initially, he was going to be a wine-merchant and follow in his father's footsteps. However, disaster struck the family, when their vineyards fell under a bad spell, and would not yield, and his father died bankrupt. The vineyards were sold, and I believe, they were all cut down, and a fruit orchard established there. Jas spent most of his life supporting his mother and his younger sister, doing many different jobs.

Now, he has at last approached something of stability in his life. He has held the post of Professor of Wine-Appreciation in USAT for the past 14 years. His mother is now dead, and his sister married and went off East to live with her husband near Gondor, so he has no more responsibilities in that direction. But he is also very lonely and as he is rather shy, and forgetful, has made few friends, excepting Professor Bumbledore. Oh, and he's in love with the elf Professor Mahtaliel.

Anything else? No, that should be enough to be going on with...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:58 AM   #26
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Character Name: Tolvadok

Race: Human, then Nazgul
Appearance: His hair is pale and golden, and falls to his shoulders. Eye colour varies, some see blue, some see a gray, and some see green. He is usually dressed in black like all the Nazgul, and his pale skin looks even more white in contrast. He was very handsome once, but now he seems rather faded.

Character description:

Tolvadok was once a prince of a forgotten kingdom near Eregion. They had an alliance with the Elves, and when Sauon betrayed them, and attacked them to try and regain the Rings of Power, they went to battle against Sauron. Tolvadok was one of the foremost in fighting Sauron. he was good, loyal and brave, loved by all his people.

Sauron percieved his threat, and his potential, and disguised as a fortune-teller, he gave a ring to Tolvadok, promising him victory in battle (good luck, actually). The ring helped him to be a mighty warrior, but it also poisoned his mind, and he murdered his father and brother to become king and tyrant.

Later, he felt Sauron's call, and he journeyed to Mordor, and swore to serve him. He changed his name to 'Tolvadok', which means 'Wind of Death' in the Black Speech. His old name is forgotten by everyone, and he has never spoken it since coming to Mordor. He was the most faithful of all the Nazgul, and offered the least resistance to the ring's power.

He is also very unpopular among his fellow-Nazgul. They felt imprisoned when under the One's rule, so they can not understand his love and loyalty to Sauron. He is also very impersonal, taking little interest in others, even while talking animatedly to another, his mind seems far away.

Is he evil? All the Nazgul are, and Tolvadok, too. In a sense, he is like Gollum: what personality he had before has been more or less swallowed up, and has left but a longing for power, and the desire to serve Sauron. He is evil as he never feels sympathy for others anymore, not even those of his own kind. If he finds the One Ring, then he would maybe return it to Sauron, or he would claim it for himself, and try to replicate his master as much as possible.

Last edited by Serenoli : 10-31-2005 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #27
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quick reference posts for classes, will update it later. If you see a class that your character ought to be in but isn't then say so on the discussion thread. Thanks!

Taught by the Chancellor (poor man!)-

Bridge Building: Val, Penny
Ship Building: Val, Ray
Structural Engineering: Viv
Defensive Building: Marty

Taught by Bumbledore (I don't think the poor guy can take more than that!)

Commerce: Val, Marty, Ray, Earniel, Annawen, Lily, MM's and 5 other girls

Taught by Mahtaliel (poor understaffed Lady!)

Jewelry-Making: Viv, Ray, Aiwendis, Rian
Embalming: Val, Aiwendis
Sword Smithing: Marty, Ray
Art History/Art Theory: Viv, Earniel, Rian

Taught by Khamul-
Swan Speech: Earniel
Oriental Languages: MM's

Taught by Udu:
Siege Tactics: Marty, Ray, Penny

Taught by Fernick
Wine Tasting & Wine Appreciation: Val, Marty, Ray, Lilly

Taught by???
Western Philosophy: Viv
Military History of Middle Earth: Viv

Taught by ???
Swamp Ecology: Earniel
Irrigation: Earniel

NEW USAT SCHEDULE
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a...r-Dis/USAT5.jpg
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 11-20-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Lady Marion Magdalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:32 AM   #28
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

character bio

Character bio - Watson

well, i have just noticed i havent done even one character bio, so to begin to settle this score, here's Watsons.

name; Watson: played by Butteerbeer
Number of legs: 4
tails: 1
Ability to howl: fair to middling
sense of smell: legendary
detective skills: uncanny
House training: ...er.... variable

Likes: Bones, steak, being rubbed around the head and ears, eating and sleeping - also very playful

Views on Mind reading / special powers: unknown
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:37 PM   #29
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Zimra and Melwen

Public characters

Zimra and Melwen, Zimra's cousin, were born in Tharbad. They are about 20-25.
Typical Faithful Dunedain girls.

Zimra used to work in the bakery on Tien Hael.

On Saturday, both were hired by Rian to work in Orrodel, Zimra as a cook, Melwen as a kitchen maid.
On Sunday morning, Zimra was promoted to Lilly’s lady’s-maid, and Melwen stayed in the kitchen.

Sunday evening, Melwen has been affected by Black Breath and saw too much for her own good. She was killed Monday at dawn; it looked like a suicide.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:57 PM   #30
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Nimrael

Public character.

Nimrael is Aiwendis’s most trusted lady's-maid.

Nimrael is dark-haired and lithe, 23 years old, with heart-shaped face and rosy lips.
Born in Osgiliath, she was hired soon after the fire in the Chancellor’s house, when it had burned to ashes along with all the servants. She followed Aiwendis from Gondor to Tharbad, leaving her family behind.

Very trustworthy and reliable, not one to start gossip. Fears ghosts, but likes ghost stories.

Nimrael is worried for Aiwendis, as she noticed her Lady's absences at night and her addiction to poppies and valariana. Thinks to tell the Chancellor.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:59 PM   #31
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Raisa and Gawen

Whee! More public characters!

Raisa

Long, light brown hair, freckles, wears a monocle, very quick to smile, and cheerfully efficient.

Raisa was born in a small settlement somewhere in the vincinity of the Blue mountains. Her family moved to Tharbad when she was about 9, after they got fed up with the rural life. She entered the university on a scholarship when she was 16 and stayed. She's been there for about ten years and is now in that vague rank between assistant and professor. Hangs around the Science and History departments.

Always turns up just when she's needed and has an uncanny knack of going unnoticed when she's not. Likes to randomly philosophize about the biological differences between the various free peoples in middle earth.

Gawen

Gawen is a near 30 year old stuck in a body that seems to be permenantly lanky and awkward. He could be considered handsome in the right lighting but is very much a nerd.

His parents were both professors and he has lived at the university all his life. Few people know the buildings there as well as he does.

Presumably he has a personality, but as he doesn't talk much except when called upon to answer an academic question or when attending to buisness, it is difficult to tell exactly what that personality might be.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 PM   #32
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

The Library of Minas Aran

Plan of the Tower and the Library
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/Gor-Dis/Lib3.jpg

Plan of the University:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../TharbCen1.jpg

Here is the post about the Hall:
http://www.entmoot.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=605

Here is the post about the Dungeons: http://www.entmoot.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=647

Here is the post about the Library:
(to add)

And here is the schedule!
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-Dis/USAT7.jpg
Edit: Shedule is updated.

Some additional notes:

The Tower of Minas Aran was the former keep of Tharbad’s ancient fortress, built in the middle of the Second Age and reconstructed many times.
Elendil stayed for a time in the apartments on the First floor, where now the Librarian lives.

It was not the Chancellor who built the Tower. He came only three yours ago, so he had to adapt the tower for his uses by the fastest and easiest means possible.

The Chancellor ordered to build a wall across the Ground floor Hall and open a back entrance to the Tower. Now it is the Public Library, that has no communication with other portions of the Tower. It is opened all day, supervised by a university assistant.

Originally, I assume, there was nothing secret in the tower. It had two stairs in the turrets on both sides of the entrance; the left stairs was going all the way from the dungeons to the roof, the right stairs was shorter - going from the ground level to the third floor. Both stairs had doors leading to every level they passed.

The Chancellor wanted to close the dungeons entirely. So he ordered a team of dwarves-masons:
1. to fill in the door to the left stairs from the Hall on the ground floor,
2. to fill in the portion of the left stairs between the First floor (Khamul's apartment) and the third floor (Scriptorium)
3. To conceal the only remaining entrance to the lower portion of the Left stairs from the First floor (Khamul's apartment). There the Dwarven secret door was made, opened by a spell.

Now the only access to the Dungeons is from the First Floor Gallery opposite Khamul's apartment, concealed by a statue of Isildur. The only access to the Scriptorium is by the right stair, leading there from the Hall. The only access to the Library is through the Scriptorium, where the Librarian, or at least one of his assistants, is always vigilant.

Main Library is open from 9 AM till 5 PM.

Evil Nameless Cartographer

Last edited by Gordis : 01-16-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:49 PM   #33
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Raendil of Arnor

Mooter behind the character: Sane

Name: Raendil, more often called Ray

Appearance: His appearance is fair skinned, with long black hair and dark grey eyes. Though considered short for his lineage and the times, he was powerfully built, and had strong, broad shoulders. Though powerfully built, his movements don’t lack grace.

Height: 6'7 shorter than both Marty and Val

Brief bio:

Raendil is of mixed heritage, not purely Numenorean. His father (whose name has yet to be decided) was of Numenor, one of the faithful. His mother was one of the northern nobles, people who would eventually turn into the Roherrim. He grew up fast in his father's thranedom, being his only son and their home under threat of attack. Most people think Ray is a bit slow, as he mostly just hangs back to listen. This isn’t the case.

He is quiet around people he doesn’t know, preferring to analyze them first before engaging them. Very shy around females, even though he grew up in a household full of them, though that might explain his slight phobia. (Though it seems he has gotten over it with Viniglaen).

Raendil's father was close friend to Isildur and they often went hunting around their land. It was on a hunt that Valandil and Raendil first met, and after a slight scuffle, became fast friends, to the point where Valandil invited Ray to come to Imladris when they were children. On his mother's side, he was given the gift of superb horsemanship and is exceedingly good with animals, to the point of near elvishness.

His seeming elvishness is something he is often teased about by close friends, often culumnating to the point of being called a Nancy. Because of mixed heritage, he often gets pestered by pure Numenoreans. But that is okay, because he veiws them, with the exception of 4 or five people that he has become freinds with, as pricks and will fight them right back.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 12-31-2005 at 10:26 PM.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:34 PM   #34
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Marthalion

Mooter Behind the character: Sane

Name-Marthalion, known as Marty

Height-7' tall fellow, slightly shorter than Val

Appearance: Roguish young man, with short black hair and brown eyes. Fair skinned and tall, he is very Numenorean in his looks. Not so powerfully built as his friend Raendil, but more of a springy, athletic look to him, built like a runner.

Bio:

Raised in the principality of Lhun, Marthalion was raised to inherit the principality from his father after the disaster of Gladden left him in line for the circlet. Marty quickly got bored with the dull (or so he believes) way of nobility, and became somewhat of a rogue, though much loved by his friends, family and people. He was a lanky, gangly-limbed youth who had a penchant for getting into brawls over his position in line for ruling Lhun.

As such, he became in hand to hand fighting and subsequently, became a Rochdol champion. By the time of his majority, he had turned into a handsome, powerful rogue that was the heartthrob of Arnor. And this he knew and thoroughly enjoyed, earning the reputation as a flirt. He met Valandil at his coronation, but didn’t have much to do with him after that.

He really got to know and become friends with Raendil and Valandil when going for his undergrad, he met Raendil first in a pub, where, true to his fashion, engaged him in a good fisticuff brawl that turned out to be a draw. After the bruises and cuts healed, they became fast, inseparable friends. Raendil introduced him to his childhood friend Valandil, and the trio got into many memorable adventures or, in some people’s view, misadventures. Marty took it upon himself to make the young king a little less square.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:32 PM   #35
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Mahtaliel's Bio - Updated

Name: Mahtaliel

Height etc.: 7'4"; Very muscular, in the shoulders and arms especially.

Born in: Himring, during the 19th year of the First Age, about a year before the Feast of Reuniting.

Slightly More Detailed Backstory: Kinswoman to the sons of Feanor on their mother's side. Her father was the eldest son of Nerdanel's brother. Mahtaliel was named after her Great-Grandfather, Mahtan.
She grew up in Himring during the years of the First Age that most closely resembled peace and was a young adult(for an elf anyway) when the battles between the Noldor and Morgoth started again in earnest. She fought in all but one of them, that one being the Dagor Aglareb in which she lost both parents. She always fought under the banner of her cousin Maedhros. She first learned to use a sword from him, which is why she uses her left hand in combat.

Each major battle after the Dagor Bragollach meant a major loss for her till by the time of the Last Alliance she was no longer sane enough to be trusted in battle despite having healed some from the aftermath of Eregion.

After peace was restored she stayed in Imladris till things were settle enough to make her uncomfortably aware of her past, at which point she left and wandered around Arnor for several years until she met back up with Shah and settled in Tharbad.

And that's all you get for now. I'll be updating her bio as pieces of her backstory get revealed within the actual story. None of the other characters should know this yet, but as players you'll probably have figured out an approximation of it by now.

- The Crucible

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 01-21-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:10 AM   #36
Serenoli

Character Name: Yerri

Race: Human
Appearance: Light hair, serious black eyes. Round face with pink cheeks and ready smile. Often wears purple or lavender clothes, even though those colours don't suit her at all, but she loves those colours.

Character description:

The elder daughter of a sailor in the sea-side town of Ruhin, Yerri had ambitions of being educated, and a real lady. Came to Tharbad, which was not very far from her home when she was 19. Became waitress to support herself, and accomplished little else. Is a cheerful, popular girl, with many friends, lives in Mrs. Miggin's attic, and happens to be a dreamer. In her dreamy way, Girithron, the tall, unfortunately not dark, but nevertheless a handsome stranger, is a perfect dream-come-true.

Old 01-21-2006, 07:20 PM   #37
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Character-Shah
Mooter behind the character- The Last Sane Person

Race: Numenorean
Age-Looks to be about 50 not sure of actual age
Appearance- Looks like an aging lion. He has long brownish black hair and beard, now streaked with grey. Classic Numenorean looks, and he is a tall man.
Height-7'4”

Bio:

Veteran from the Last Alliance, he was a fierce fighter in his youth and well known in the army for his reputation in battles. He has been married before; his wife was a healer for the Isildur’s contingent and his two young sons served under Isildur's banner under him. Though, as usually happens in war, tragedy struck.

During a battle, the rear of Isildur's forces suffered an attack. The healer's tent where his wife was working was over run and arrows struck her down before the defenders could defeat the attackers. This was a devastating loss for him and his sons, but he sucked it in and the three kept fighting on.

Tragedy struck again, as on a march, the column in which he and his eldest son were riding in going to deliver dispatches was ambushed by orcs. Enraged by his mother's death, the eldest son went in a rage against the attacking orcs, driving through their forces without aid. Shah ran after his son, only to come across his dying form.

After this, Shah became deadly, quiet and withdrawn. People were worried that he was at his breaking point. And break he did, right before the Last Battle at the death of his remaining son. He went berserk and killed everything in sight, nearly chopping some of his men before he was subdued and sent to the “Last Homely ReHab House” as he likes to call it.

There he met a certain not-so-lucid elf named Mahtaliel, and the sort of leaned on each other after getting to know one another. They soon became fast friends, both helping each other regain their sanity and keeping it. Once Elrond deemed them fit, they were casting about for a place to go and make themselves useful. Shah found a vacancy at Tharbad’s defense forces and Mahta landed her teaching job a few years later. They have been there for each other ever since.

Last edited by The last sane person : 01-22-2006 at 03:04 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #38
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Bungo, the hap-hazard ... a local tharbad lad ... has two eyes (stangely some say) but only one tooth ... but boy does he make good use of it ...likes hos tucker does ol' Bungo ...
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote