Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hehehe, found this. Burst out laughing. Hey, their horses get killed their winged beasts all die.... Why not?

Strange...try again...

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5...dwraith0xx.jpg
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 11-29-2005 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:46 PM   #2
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

(to Rian)Sure, but don't forget, I have to situate Viv after Shah posts the race, so it'll have to wait, anyway, 'til I know where I can have viv during Monday.

BTW, liked your last post! It was nice and clear, concise and compact. Good reading! That's a lot of hair gadgets. And I liked how she listed off the places like that; that helps a lot seeing it all in one easy-to-read place.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-29-2005, 05:47 PM   #3
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Shah! That link didn't show a piccy, though...

Old 11-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

thanks! *shy smile* Yeah, maybe it's nutty, but I"m having fun with the hair thing.

Did you ever read the link I posted about the African hair-braiding traditions? That's exactly what rpg-Rian is doing. I thought it was cool!

yeah, we'll just keep that scene on the back burner for now, but let's not forget it!

I like how you write Buz!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-29-2005, 05:51 PM   #5
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Back burner it is, and picture has been fixed.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:54 PM   #6
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*looks at Sane's link*

Oh, that is hysterical!!!! I love it!!!!! Just brilliant!!!

(I meant back-burner the scene with Viv and Rian until things get caught up - and we should WAAAAAYYYYY back-burner the Nazgul on mopeds!!! )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #7
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Lol!! Wraiths with mopeds! That would be Viv; she'd SO be a young cool Roman zooting around on a moped, if LotR was set in modern day Europe!

Old 11-29-2005, 05:57 PM   #8
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

The Ciao reminded me of you, I had to post it here. But yeah, so long as our characters meet in the not too distant future....
Old 11-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #9
Rían

and don't forget to take Rian and her bro dancin'!

Old 11-29-2005, 06:10 PM   #10
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Viv's not as hung up about elves as her sister Lilly and her crazy uncle Khamul.
Khamûl doesn't specifically hate elves. He just hates living beings in geneal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Isn't it meaningful that 3000 yours after our game, Khamul and Lilly were chosen to hold Dol Guldur and to keep the Mirkwood Elves in line?
Wasn't it Khamûl and the thus far unplayed Number Four in FotR (Fellowship of the Ringwraiths)?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-29-2005, 06:12 PM   #11
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I thought it was Lilly who sexually attacked that Haldir elf in Fellowship that time? Man, that WAS an awesome RPG. I can't wait 'til someday we all return to it! Good times.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Gordis - EXCELLENT last post! I loved reading that. It gave me even a clearer picture of the character of both Aiwendis AND Ilmenzor. Aiwendis feels so vulnerable, and alone. And our Morgul Lord is SUCH an evil opportunist! Poor Aiwendis. She needs a female Nazgul friend to spend a little time with. I'd like to get Viniglaen closer to Aiwendis, one of these days. Just like in Fellowship, because I think Viv could learn a lot from Aiwendis, and Aiwendis could benefit a lot from the fierce loyalty and supportive friendship of Viv, her "sister" Nazgul.
Thank you, Lotesse, for your kind words. Well, as our Morgul Lord is the closest one can get to becoming the contemporary Dark Lord, he couldn't be as loving and likable as Rian's elves or Ray... He is difficult to portray.

And Yes, sure, Aiwendis would love a nice chat with Viv, and some sound councels from the loyal and friendly Ninth. Aiwendis will be free to wander in campus around 4 PM. Actually you could post the talk, Lotesse: "Why so sad, Gor?" Gor says little, but Vivvie guesses it all (as it is in no way new) and gives her some friendly advice.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:28 PM   #13
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Khamûl doesn't specifically hate elves. He just hates living beings in geneal!
Well said, TD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Wasn't it Khamûl and the thus far unplayed Number Four in FotR (Fellowship of the Ringwraiths)?
And Lilly!
Khamul, Mor and Lilly were originally (since TA 2951) in Dol-Guldur. But Lilly got used to run unclad in the woods, shrieking "I am a crazy mirkwood squirrel" and chasing after Elves, so Sauron transferred her to Minas Morgul.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:39 PM   #14
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Thank you, Lotesse, for your kind words. Well, as our Morgul Lord is the closest one can get to becoming the contemporary Dark Lord, he couldn't be as loving and likable as Rian's elves or Ray... He is difficult to portray.

And Yes, sure, Aiwendis would love a nice chat with Viv, and some sound councels from the loyal and friendly Ninth. Aiwendis will be free to wander in campus around 4 PM. Actually you could post the talk, Lotesse: "Why so sad, Gor?" Gor says little, but Vivvie guesses it all (as it is in no way new) and gives her some friendly advice.
I'd like to write this; however, I need our class schedule. I know it was working before, but now the link just says "photobucket" or whatever. Isn't Viv supposed to be in Mahtaliel's jewelry-making class today with Rian, Ray & Aiwendis? What time is class meeting, or am I off a day - is it Monday for jewelry-making? So confused.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:53 PM   #15
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

And another big question - we need a Philosophy and History professor. Viv signed on for Western phil and Military History, but so far we're still minus a teacher there. Maybe Khamul or Udu could teach Military History, and Jas Fernick or Bumbledore teach Phil? Just ideas...

Old 11-29-2005, 06:53 PM   #16
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

The jewelry making class already happened in the game's 'today', it ended at noon. But, since Viv's storyline seems to be lagging behind , if you want to take the oppurtunity to write about it with a bit more detail, feel free to do so.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-29-2005, 06:54 PM   #17
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
I'd like to write this; however, I need our class schedule. I know it was working before, but now the link just says "photobucket" or whatever. Isn't Viv supposed to be in Mahtaliel's jewelry-making class today with Rian, Ray & Aiwendis? What time is class meeting, or am I off a day - is it Monday for jewelry-making? So confused.
Really? EDIT: It works for me, the one in INFO #8.

Here it is again
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-Dis/USAT5.jpg
Yes, Viv was at the jewelry-making class at 10, with Rian, Ray and Aiwendis. You and Ray were a tad late after the race, it seems, but made it. Nothing was written about the lecture, except that Mahtaliel noticed that 3 of her pupils were genuinely interested, while Aiwendis was not .

So we "saw each other" at the lecture, though we were not alone. Then, at noon, Vivvie perhaps went for lunch with Ray. But then, Ray left Viv, as he had his Ship-Building class at 1 PM.
So, between 1 and 2.30 PM Vivvie and Aiwendis could talk. I think right at the lecture, Aiwendis invited Viv to come to her rooms at the University after lunch, for a goblet of wine and a talk, while the Chancellor, Ray and the King were occupied. OK??

Last edited by Gordis : 11-29-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:14 PM   #18
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

O.K.!

NOW the link works. Thanx!

Old 11-29-2005, 07:19 PM   #19
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
And another big question - we need a Philosophy and History professor. Viv signed on for Western phil and Military History, but so far we're still minus a teacher there. Maybe Khamul or Udu could teach Military History, and Jas Fernick or Bumbledore teach Phil? Just ideas...
Bumbledore has agreed to teach Philosophy. It is in the shedule.

As for Military History, I believe once, long ago, Udu, volunteered to teach it. I am not sure if I remember it correctly. Please, tell us, Udu, will Maethor teach it?

By the way, Udu , the Chancellor gave you one free week, so there will be no lessons on Tuesday by Maethor. As for Thursday, if you like to start earlier, make the Chancellor ask you. It is up to you. Anyway, the Chancellor plans to talk to you this evening, around 8. (But Maethor does not know it yet).

Last edited by Gordis : 11-29-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #20
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

It was Khamûl who volunteered to teach it but I'm easy either way.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Closed Thread