Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 09:59 PM   #1
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Tolkien Lover Anonymous 3, The Sil(ly)marillion

OOC: Yay! Awesome ending to Return of TLA guys, and since we're all impatient and the idea is fresh in my head right now I'm gonna start the Sil(ly)marillion right now if that's alright with everybody.

It was a quiet day in the middle of april. The members of TLA were on spring break and their meeting that day was more subdued than usual as they were all recovering from the strain of their previous adventures, however, this unnatural calm was not to last.

Miriam: So... what should we discuss today guys? We've gone over the preliminary parts of your therapy.

there is no answer apart from a few bored shrugs and muttered responses.

Miriam: (getting desperate) Why don't we go over that ancient history you guys wanted to tell me about? Oh for goodness sake! What is wrong with all of you today?!

Tano: I dunno, it's just one of those days.

Earniel: (sneezes) And there's this bug going around.

Renille: We've all got the unpleasent prospect of going back to school next week.

Claenoic: And it raining out.

This just about sums it up and the rest of the TLA seconds these statments. The counselor sighs and looks over to Willow who has been moping in a corner the entire time.

Miriam: You've been awfully quiet today, what's up?

Tano:rollseyes: Ignore her, she's been depressed because she's been banned from middle earth.

Miriam: Huh?

Willow: Remember in the last story we told you? How my evil twin cursed me? I can't move around in middle earth with my own body anymore. And as amusing as it is to be a faerie I want my body back.

Miriam: So, why don't you find a way to break the curse?

Earniel: That's an interesting idea, how would you suggest breaking it? We've tried before, it's been a problem the entire time we've been obsessed.

Miriam: (caught in her own trap she thinks back to all the stories she has ever heard involving curses) Well, she's a fairy, isn't the usual method of breaking curses in fairy tales something along the lines of a kiss from the right person?

Willow: (a little annoyed that she's been mistaken for a fairytale fairy) Only in the immature littlekid versions, it's not that easy in Middle Earth.

Miriam: Why not? I mean, the right person is usually a noble of some sort right? And I seem to remember you saying that you're original body was an elf so wouldn't the right person be of elvish nobility?

Renille: I think maybe it is time we taugt you some ancient history, there are quite a few members of elvish nobility, what are you suggesting, that we persuade every noble elven male to kiss Willow?

Miriam: Well, why not? We'll be around them anyway if you try to teach me about them, and it can't hurt her.

The faerie in question was about to protest this comment when Katt and Human burst in the door

Katt: You'll never believe what we found out!

Claenoic: Try us.

Human: This guy, he built a weird machine that can travel through time and space and he went someplace with it-

Katt: It was all over the news, anyway, we tracked him because we wanted to see where he went-

Human: And he and all his high tech gadgets ended up in middle earth, somewhere during the first or second age, we couldn't quite tell.

Elf Girl: You don't think this'll start the worlds blending together again you?

Morauko: That would be our luck.

Miriam: We're going on another mission again aren't we?

Tano: Probably, this guy, whoever he is, can't be allowed to remain in middle earth, esspecially considering the time in which he arrived there.

Earniel: Which happens to be the time that we wanted to teach you about.

Claenoic: And while we're there it wouldn't hurt to try your idea about the curse.

Renille: To Middle Earth it is then, where shall we start?

Willow: (reluctantly uncurls herself from the corner and fiddles with Vilya, which she has somehow kept) At the beginning would probably be best. I'm familier with the time period to which we'll be going. Is everybody ready for the story to begin?

everybody nods, or shouts their consent.

Very well. (she takes a deep breath and begins as she speaks the room fades and they find themselves standing in a large an infinite void) In the beginning there was Eru, the one, who in Arda is called Illuvatar...
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-08-2003, 10:26 AM   #2
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
May I join?

Character Faith Lowe, descrip posted later, bell just rang.
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 04-08-2003, 03:12 PM   #3
Elf Girl
Lurker

Post in the "TLA- Discussion" thread first. We still have some planning to do, Willow kind of jumped into it... *elbows Willow*
Old 04-08-2003, 11:47 PM   #4
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
OOC:im here! my play is over!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 04-09-2003, 11:21 AM   #5
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

[edited] I'll re add my post later when we get past the Noldor coming to Valinor.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 04-10-2003 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:47 PM   #6
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Kementari, who is also known as Yavanna but I would rather be called Kementari it's prettier! (Sorry if this is soppused to go in the TLA disscusion. I'm new at be patient!) Kementari was talking to one of her best friends Fimbrethil and their conversation went something like this: Kementari: Well I still think you should at least tell him where you went. Fimbrethil: No way! I like it better here and if he and his other rough housing friends came here they would step on all our flowers and ruin them like they did last time! Kementari: But now the gardens where you used to live are brown and empty. Fimbrethil: *elbows Kementari* Duh! That's why they call them the brown lands!! Kementari walks off rolling her eyes. Then she says to her self: Hmmmm...I think I needed to do something about the brown lands...but I'll need a plow, a wheel barrow, an enting, and 4 or 5 entdroughts. I bet I could even make a new line of entdrought and market them...lets see entdrought twist, diet entdrought, diet entdrought twist...
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Old 04-09-2003, 10:47 PM   #7
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

OOC: *Scolds* shame shame! Any of you read the Sil? It starts out in the beginning there was a huge Enya concert!

ic:
In the beginning there was Eru, the one, who in Arda is called Illuvatar...and he busted out the synthesizer! Eru placed (its?) delicately fingered hand (this is all a huge metaphor, by the way, And I don’t mean that in a sick way! Get your mind out of the gutter!) on the keys and began to play. As he played the Ainur joined in and they created music. During all this the TLA watched from a corner.

Miriam: This?! This is how the world began?

Willow: (dreamily) Yup… isn’t it pretty… (sees Katt bobbing her head to the music playing on her CD player.) Katt! Stop that! How can you possibly be listening to ‘Tubular Bells’ at a time like this?

Katt: Am not!

Human: (Quitely to self) “Grand pianos…”

Katt: I’m listening to the Presidents of the United States, thank you very much!

Willow: Well, knock it off!!

Katt: Oh, all right…*Katt places the CD player aside and turns attention back to concert. The music moves even her small cold stone heart, and she sways appreciatively to the harmony*

Melkor: Wow! This is so beautiful, peaceful, and filling! I should never want for any else in all my life! *Spies CD player* Ooh! Hello, what have we got here…? *Picks up CD player and scurries away.*

Miriam: So… This is how the world began…

Elf Girl: Yes, in the beginning everything was in perfect harmony, there was no discord, it was all perfection and beauty.

Miriam: *thinks on this for a while* So… What happened?

*Just then, as if on cue, Melkor, who had been listening to Katt’s CD burst out into song, a song that was completely at odds with the rest of the harmony causing everyone to wince.*

Melkor: Movin' to the country,
Gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country,
Gonna eat me a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country,
gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country,
gonna eat a lot of peaches
Peaches come from a can,
they were put there by a man
In a factory downtown
If I had my little way,
I'd eat peaches every day

Earniel: *sighs in annoyance* That happened.

Miriam: Oh… You mean to tell me that the entire world is corrupt because some over-curious vala decided to sing a modern rock song off key?

Willow: Seems so, not to mention one of Katt’s modern rock songs.

Tano: Does this mean that Katt’s responsible for all the evil in the world?

Katt: Whoops…?

Miriam: Whoops? Whoops?! Is that all you have to say in your defense??

Katt: …I’m sorry?

Human: That’s it! Go to your room!

Katt: But…but…*whine* But my room doesn’t exist yet!
Old 04-10-2003, 12:31 AM   #8
Christiana
Elf Lord

Christiana starts to sing In Dreams softly.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 04-10-2003, 05:43 AM   #9
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

*Amidst all the discord, Illuvatar arose and Christiana's Song began amid the storm, both like and unlike the previous. The Ainur and TLA join Christiana in singing, and the new melody both utilises and overpowers the music of melkor, making the tune all prettiful again*

Miriam: Prettiful... that's not even a word!

Morauko: It is too!

Miriam: *gets out her handy dictionary* No, it's not. Look. *points*

Morauko: Awwwwww

*As i was saying... the new and beautiful tune grew strength, but the tune of melkor opposed it ever fiercer, and there was discord once more. Then Illuvatar stood again, and he looked stern. He nodded at Morauko and TLA, and as one they began to sing Aniron. The Valar soon joined in, and this delicate and sweet tune grew and developed and could not be quenched*

Melkor: Hey! that's not fair! *sings louder, his tune loud and repititive in opposition to the depth and sorrow of the Tune of Illuvatar. But no matter how much it fought, every note was utilised in the tune of illuvatar, and woven into the pattern. then, Illuvatar held up his hands, turned a switch and the power went off.*

Katt: Why's the music stopped?

Tano: Who turned off the lights.

Elf Girl: Quiet! Illuvatar speaks.

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 04-10-2003, 08:47 AM   #10
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Illuvatar: Mighty are the TLA and the Ainur and mightiest among them is Melkor. Though he may want to try to sing in key next time. And since I'm such a nice guy, I'll show you just what you sang.

Eärniel: Oh no, not scores I hope, I can't read a single note!

All: SSSSSH!

Eärniel:sorry

Illuvatar: Anyway, just remember everyone and especially you Melkor that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can alter the music in my despite.

Katt: *nudges Willow* Hang on, does that mean Illuvatar gave us the Presidents of the United States?

Illuvatar: *drums impatiently on the arm of his throne at yet another interruption.

Willow: *whispers* Katt, just shut up, he's looking in our direction.

Illuvatar: Where was I again? Oh yes... Come with me.

*And both Ainur and TLA followed him to the Void.*

Illuvatar: *snaps his fingers* Behold your Music!

all: OOOOOH!

Tano: Look! It got four elephants under it!

Human: And such a large turtle beneath them, cool!

Elf girl: It looks like... like a disc!

Illuvatar: Elephants? Turtle? Disc? What the...? *looks for himself* Oh darn, wrong universe... *snaps fingers again* Ahum... Behold your Music!

*And before them a vision of a world appeared*

Alll: OOOOOOH!
Old 04-10-2003, 01:54 PM   #11
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Katt: Is it edible?

OOC: Yay! I caused dischord in the Great Harmony! I want my CD player back now. Maybe I'll go sulk over it and turn into Ungoliant.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 04-10-2003, 03:25 PM   #12
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Illuvatar: *gives Katt 'The Look'* No, you may not eat it.

Katt: Well, actually, technically it would have to edible because otherwise how will your children survive, you're contradicting yourself again.

TLA: Katt! It's ineffable, you don't second guess ineffablilty.

Illuvatar: Correct, now that I have shown you all what your music looks like I will send some of you out into the void to construct the vision. Who will go?
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-10-2003, 04:01 PM   #13
Elf Girl
Lurker

Elf Girl: *puts up hand* I will!

Iluvatar: But... You're just a TLA member.

Elf Girl: But I was humming along when you sang the first time. And that makes me an Ainu! So there!

Miriam: She's an emu?

Willow: *to counselor* Shut up!

Iluvatar: Ah well. I suppose you can go...

Elf Girl: And I can bring my friends, right?

Iluvatar: Well...

Elf Girl: Pleeeeeeeeease? *puppy dog eyes*

Iluvatar: *sigh* All right.

Elf Girl: Yippeeeeeeeeee! I hereby dub myself OloriGirl, the most annoying of the Ainur!

Iluvatar: *mutter* What have I gotten myself into?

Last edited by Elf Girl : 04-11-2003 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:25 PM   #14
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Katt: Yay! We're going to create things!

Iluvatar: *Gives Katt a look that plainly says that she should not be allowed to create anything because she would be too compeled to consume it.*

Katt: But what if I only eat my own things?

Iluvatar: No.

Katt: Fine. Humnph! *grumble* I lost my CD player, AND I don't get to create anything. *grumble* I wonder if it's over here...

*And they were released into the voidd*

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."

Last edited by Katt_knome_hobbit : 04-10-2003 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:46 PM   #15
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Claenoic: WHEEEEE!!! I wanna be Vaire!!

All:...

Renille: Um... isn't Vaire the least mentioned Vala in the entire Silmarillion?

Claenoic: *Blinks, then smiles* Yea, but she knows and has seen all that has been through her tapestries. So I *beams* CAN SEE THE WORLD!!!!!

Tano:... Your inner Luster is kicking in already, isn't it?

Claenoic: Double time.

OOC: WHEEEEE 500th POST!!!! W000000000T!!!!!!

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 04-11-2003, 11:15 AM   #16
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Finrod:...
*seeing as Finrod was not yet born, he said nothing. *
Finwe: *snores*
Old 04-11-2003, 05:04 PM   #17
Elf Girl
Lurker

The TLA is alone in the Void.

Miriam: *shiver*

They hear a faint voice from outside.

Manwë: Wait - for - us!

Manwë: *appears next to TLA*

Elf Girl: Oooh! I'm a Maia now! I'm OloriGirl, of the people of Manwë! *goes to stand next to Manwë*

Manwë: *moves away* Umm... let's create the world, shall we?

Elf Girl: Oooh let's!

Katt: We need to wait for the rest of the Valar and the Maiar.

Elf Girl: *lip trembles* But I wanna create the world NOW!

Willow: *desperate* Let's all keep calm, shall we? *pointed look at Elf Girl*

Elf Girl: *bursts into tears*

Manwë: *glances at Elf Girl and groans* Great... *Glances into the as-yet-nonexistant sky* VAR-DA! Get down here and calm this idiot Maia!
Old 04-11-2003, 11:26 PM   #18
Christiana
Elf Lord

Christiana is shaking her head sadly at EG

Old 04-12-2003, 01:08 AM   #19
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Varda: *appears next to Manwe* You called?

Morauko: VARDA!!!! *attaches herself to her leg*

Varda: *blinks*

Morauko: Can I be one of your Maia? PLEEEEAAASE???!

Varda: Ummmmm...

Morauko: I'll be good, honest! Just ask them... hey, OloriGirl, aren't i a well-behaved person???

Olorigirl: Well...

Miriam: WHAT?! *rolls around laughing*

Morauko: *gives Varda the puppy-dog eyes*

Varda: Alriiiiight... *sighs*

Morauko: YAY!

Varda: What have i gotten myself into?

OOC: Hehehehe... I loooove Varda!!! Oh, and one of us should be Melian!!! Then we have an excuse to torment... I mean.... tour.... middleearth

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 04-12-2003, 02:53 PM   #20
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

The TLA hears snickering far off. The turn to see Elvellyn laughing at Morauko.

Elvellyn: Ha ha! I'm already a Maia! I don't have to beg Varda for anything!

Miriam: Elvellyn I think your teasing is a result of repressed feelings of resentment and anger.

*Elvellyn breaks down crying* Oh how did you know? That's like putting my life into words.

Miriam(hopeful): Really?

Elvellyn: No. *She straightens up and gives the TLA her puppy dog eyes.* But I would like to go into the void with you. May I pretty please?