Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Truly LOST In Middle Earth

Summary of Cast so far:

Valandil as the Hero/Doctor/Know-it-all/Leader

Lotesse as the Nice Girl/Criminal/Heroine/Assistant Leader

Altanis as the Old Experienced "knows-the-jungle" Man

Rohirrim TR as the Young Adventurous Man (Charlie)

Rian as the Experienced Mature (but sometimes slightly psychotic) Motherly Woman

Earthbound as the Crazy French Woman With A Hunting Rifle

Nurvingiel as the Headstrong Young Woman

Troll's Bane as the Slightly Obese Guy

Spock as the Bad Guy But Really Good Guy Who's Really a Bad Guy But Good Guy At Heart.

Butterbeer as The Former Republican Guard/Reliable and All-around Good Guy

Willow Oran as the Highly Pregnant Woman

Pytt as the Physics Teacher (Gregor)

The Last Sane Person as The Step Brother of the Young Head-strong Woman (Todd)

...as the Korean Wife With Knowledge of A Certain Language Unbeknownst To Husband

Udukhaturz as Industrious and Surly Husband of the Korean Couple

Telcontar_Dunedain as The Black Man

Nerdanel as His Son

Jesper, the Chinese Nude Dog as The Unspeakably Horribly Goldarn Uggliest Dog On the Face of Middle Earth.

Anduril as the Crazy Man Deep Down In the Mid-Jungle Bunker

Curubethion as The Green Jungle Monster

Brownjenkins as Native Troll Named Glug Who Dislikes the New Arrivals

Crazy Squirrel as the Black Shape-shifting Man-grabbing Now-you-see-me-now-you-don't Sometimes-solid-sometimes-not Mists

Finrod Felagund as the Other Drug Addicted Rockstar/Actor of the Remaining Unidentified Twenty-Five Characters (who's to say there isn't one of them in that group )

Of the Wind as the Cannibalistic Cave Girl

Acalewia as Hotheaded Young Latin Woman of the Remaining Twenty-Five

...as Obnoxiously Cocky And Leader-Position-Grabbing Australian of the Remaining Twenty-Five.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 11-07-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

And the story begins....

On an island in a middle of a lake somewhere in Middle Earth a gathering of people has been survived after a severe storm shipwrecked their ship onto the terribly sharp cliffs surrounding the Island.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:55 PM   #3
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Rian : "What a mess! Would you guys pick up after yourselves? What am I, your slave?!"

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:06 PM   #4
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Gollum

TB: "Well, I don't know what you're talking about, but we need your help!" *lifts a large, heavy barrel of water and brings it ashore to the temporary shelter he was helping to build* "We've got to get as much fresh water and food and other necessities to this shelter as possible. But, of course we all need breaks, or we would be slaves." *takes a big bite of a cake he found in a refrigerator in the ship* "What does it matter that we have to work now? AFter we're done, we'll hardly have to work at all! God knows where we are anyway." *finishes cake, which was about twice as many calories as he had burned while working* "Well, we will, but it's not as bad as if we just left this stuff in this waterlogged ship and then had to build our shelter out of wood from up there" *points up cliffs* "rather from already cut wood from tables, all this fiberglass, these wonderfully useful "tarps," and those extremely usefull lifeboat covers."

OOC: We are not originally from M.E., right? We just are suddenly "Found" here? If I'm wrong, I'll edit this properly.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:27 AM   #5
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

moved to discussion thread.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-17-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:34 PM   #6
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Ri : Dear, you better not have any more of that cake; from the looks of it, you've already had more than is good for you...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-17-2005, 04:38 PM   #7
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Todd: *carries things from up the beach adn starts building his own shelter with Headstrong Young woman* Whew, How'd we manage oto get here? This doenst look like any of the little islands we were sailing by, hell, it looks like we are in some sort of lake...How the hell did that happen?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:47 PM   #8
Rían

*looks at Todd with admiration* So, young man, is that your sister?

Old 10-17-2005, 05:08 PM   #9
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Todd: Yes, well, step sister, but its all the same in the end? *aside to Rian* She's a wee bit on the headstrong side, great girl an all, but jeez...no prize when on the wrong side of things... So, we will all be needing shelters, since I highly doubt we will be rescued in the nick of time...Why dont we organize search parties to get stuffs?
Old 10-17-2005, 11:03 PM   #10
trolls' bane

Gollum

TB: *checks water*
You're right about that, Todd. *tries not to laugh at what George Carlin is saying about guys named Todd on his walkman* These simply cannot be any of the islands we saw, since we were in the ocean, which is salty, but this is water...Fresh water. I think I'll boil some water up.
*breaks off a table leg and pours a rusty can of lighter fluid onto it and lights with a match* *works at clearing out a library, sorting out the books to read and the ones to use as fire fuel. He tosses a book on rap music into the books to be burned, and takes a copy of a book titled The Lord of the Rings and places it in his pocket.*
Hey, check this out! Now HERE'S some good reading. I haven't read this since last month! Well, anyone want this first?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:28 AM   #11
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Todd:At least we wont die of thirst! Alright, You! Mr. Hero/Doctor/Know-it-all/Leader, You Miss Nice Girl/Criminal/Heroine/Assistant Leader and the Old Experienced "knows-the-jungle" Man. And the Young Adventurous Man; you guys form the first team and get to go to the north part of this island!

The Experienced Mature (but sometimes slightly psychotic) Motherly Woman, The Former Republican Guard/Reliable and All-around Good Guy and the Crazy French Woman With A Hunting Rifle! You guys go with me, we go east side of this dratted island!

TB: Okay, the rest of us will stay and pitch camp, and when are you to come back?

Todd: before sun set, so dont leave the area...

*and so, they all troop off accordingly!*

OOC: amazonian elf chick time!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #12
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Gregor: What should I do? I only know psychics, are we going to need that? I can tie my own shoes as well... Anything I can help with?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:53 AM   #13
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Glug: (fast asleep in his underground cave) snore ... snort ... *scratch, scratch* ... snore ...
Old 10-18-2005, 03:09 PM   #14
Rían

Ri: OK, but are you sure everyone has good, safe hiking shoes on? Does everyone have a jacket? Oh, and here's some sunblock - I want everyone to put some on!

Old 10-19-2005, 02:11 PM   #15
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

*whatever my character's name is starts playing the intro to switchfoot's stars on the guitar, to get rythym going for water carriers, a big troll comes up rocking out to my music*
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #16
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

(continuity flashback)

*Glug's 'beauty' sleep is interrupted by a strange sound from afar, disturbing the peaceful serenity of his underground domain... he raises his heavy eyelids and and leaps up from his stone bed... the human skulls hung from a leather band around his neck give a dry rattle as he reaches for the tree-trunk size club beside his bed and shambles towards the mouth of his cavelike abode... looking out, he spies a tiny manlike creature mercilessly beating on some kind of stringed instrument*

Glug: Arrrrgh! Pop music!! Glug hates it, he does!!!

*Glug rushes towards the Young Adventurous Man, though his bum leg and shambling gate, due in part to the massive boils on the soles of his feet, might lead the untrained eye to mistake his movement as some kind of 'dance'*
Old 10-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #17
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

*i look up and see troll coming towards me, i freak out, in the process my ipod gets unplugged and the music stops,*

*the troll stops*

*i run towards the obese guy* hey dude, i don't think we can wait for the second season, we need lightsabers now,

slightly obese guy: why not try a different song instead?

ME: oh....ohhh... i never thought of that *starts playing some country western riffs*

*troll puts hands over ears and appears to be imitating the "i'm melting" scene from wizard of oz*

ME:hey its working, he's retreating....YES!
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 10-19-2005 at 02:47 PM.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:57 PM   #18
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Glug: Eeeeyyyaaa!!! Country Music!

must... crawl... back... to... cave...

*vows to return when everyone is asleep*

Glug: Glug be back ye nasty git-twanger!!

*shambles back into his cave*
Old 10-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #19
Rían

Rian : What is that filthy thing?! Shoo!! SHOO!! *chases after the retreating Glug with a broom*

Old 10-20-2005, 12:57 AM   #20
trolls' bane

Gollum

TB: "It looks like it's time for the crazy French woman to do something."
*TB drags large makeshift wall up the beach and up to the top of a small knoll on the beach. Then he raises it, and looks at it proudly, and then it falls and breaks up.*
"Awww. These stupid winds are too strong for this to be a worthwhile location. Did anyone in the other group think of bringing walkie talkies? This ship, I see, happens to be the carrier of a whole crate of them. And I need this crate to make into a hole in the ground...oh well, what can I do?"
*drags 3 foot crate onto the shore, then goes back to the ship and returns with a shovel*
Hey, YAM (young adventerous man), could you please look for a cave in the opposite direction that thing came from? I have a feeling we'll need it..."
*looks at ominous storm clouds coming back for another pass, then looks in the direction the large creature retreated in*
"...and I'll make a few barges to help transport stuff. This motorboat we've got will be very handy."