Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 04:07 PM   #1
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

What a wonderful nazgul fight Udu and CS!

So is Udu now stunned?
Old 10-29-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Udu, I have got a PM from TD, asking us to post for Khamul. I believe you and CS have got the same. Please, post more including TD-Khamul's actions. I have already made 2 big posts today, so I am afraid to cause Lotesse's displeasure.
Gordis, yes, I received a PM from TD. I posted twice yesterday and I was hesitant to post again today. I am even more hesitant to write for CS and TD. I will amend any post that does not agree with others' plans.

LSP - I am sorry to hear about your injury. That is really rough luck.

Gordis, by the time Aiwendis and the Chancellor arrive, all of Orrodel might be in flames. That was a very good set of two posts that you made!

CS - I enjoyed your post. Lilly is quite lively.

Serenoli - Glad to have you with us.

Lotesse - Hope you are in a situation to have your own computer again soon.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 10-29-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Gordis, by the time Aiwendis and the Chancellor arrive, all of Orrodel might be in flames. That was a very good set of two posts that you made!
Thank you. I figured out that the nazgul walking in the Spirit world had to be able to see much more than mere mortals. So I added the ghosts and fairies. I even plan to include Old headless Akoradur the Ghost into the INFO thread as a public character. I would be happy if someone includes him in his post!
Old 10-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Thank you. I figured out that the nazgul walking in the Spirit world had to be able to see much more than mere mortals. So I added the ghosts and fairies. I even plan to include Old headless Akoradur the Ghost into the INFO thread as a public character. I would be happy if someone includes him in his post!
Gordis, the scene with the fairies and old headless Akoradur was hauntingly lovely. Akoradur is the fine, worthy, vengeful type of spirit that I admire. I hope he will be a frequent visitor. Udu might talk to him occasionally.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:56 PM   #5
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I wonder, I dont think a Nazgul can give other Nazgul black breath...I keep thinking that they are like snakes though, because most species of snakes are weak to their own venom....Interesting little note.

Hurry up and be tommorow already!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
I wonder, I dont think a Nazgul can give other Nazgul black breath...I keep thinking that they are like snakes though, because most species of snakes are weak to their own venom....Interesting little note.
No, I think not. But nobody was trying to use the Black Breath spell...They fought with spells like the Witch-King used when breaking Frodo's sword at the Ford.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:08 AM   #7
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Wow, Sane! Just read you race post... loved it! Can't wait for the rest... you have finished it apparently... but when is it coming?

BB.. about flashback... why not? Jas and Bumble racing on drunk donkeys? Its hilarious!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 11-16-2005, 06:26 AM   #8
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

maybe udu after a few at the swan ...maybe a few too many? ... even for him (blithely thinking no mortal men could even drink enough not too make him tipsy at least! - he has another thing coming! ) .... besides it'll be no fun if udu feels no effects whatsoever -

anyway maybe udu will challenge us later to a rematch? ... a race from the swan in the early hours to the last dance show ... a semi private audience with the chancellor?

I look forward serenoli to you and udu's posts at the Singing swan ...

Tommorow of course (at least for jas and Bumbledore and probably Udu ) term truly starts so these new term high jinxs will have to be curtailed ...

as the game again gets serious .... characters then interacting, plots forming .... vague rumours of enemies, odd sensations at the corner of the mind, odd happenings .... sub-plots.... the ring ... the ring .... the ring ....

that thought growing incessantly in all the Nazgul's minds -

Shah - well i have no orderly side to fie at, and i am eager to see the post too - but you and lotesse take as long as you need if it is to be the better for it!

Rian - it can be done in flashback form - though i agree we should try and keep things moving along in general - with the odd exception as absolutely fine - generally at roughly the same pace - it'll be harder with the timetable of lessons though ... maybe each has two classes a week to which they need attend only one? that would ease things up a bit?
Old 11-20-2005, 02:07 AM   #9
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Its funny... because Lotesse hasn't posted, Shah can't complete her race post. Until Shah posts that, Ray and Viv can't get to their Jewelry Class... so Maggie isn't posting... such a lot of people waiting for each other!

I also miss the absentees... esp, Valandil, who has been gone since that talking-sword post...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 11-20-2005, 03:43 AM   #10
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

OK everyone - I've been a little swamped. And... maybe short on inspiration. I just wasn't sure where to take things or what to do.

Anyway - I have just now at last edited POST #443 (the 'sword post'), and also filled in my placeholder POST #488 - so I have those updates. Sorry to send you all so deep back into the thread, and I hope everyone will be OK with things as I now have them.

I hope to get something else up soon - but not right now.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 11-20-2005, 03:35 PM   #11
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
OK everyone - I've been a little swamped. And... maybe short on inspiration. I just wasn't sure where to take things or what to do.

Anyway - I have just now at last edited POST #443 (the 'sword post'), and also filled in my placeholder POST #488 - so I have those updates. Sorry to send you all so deep back into the thread, and I hope everyone will be OK with things as I now have them.

I hope to get something else up soon - but not right now.
Thanks, Valandil. The sword is still a bit talkative and too "human", but that's up to you. Its info is OK now, or so I think. Thanks for posting. Please post more soon!

Rian, I don't remember whether I answered your question or not. Anyway keep your Gondolin dialect secret, if you like. OK with me.

Udu, Great post. Lilly is perfectly in character!

Lotesse, send your boyfriend shopping and use his computer! POOOOST, please!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #12
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Hey all! Sorry for the long wait; Lack of inspiration, a cross country flight from virginia to seattle, and much socializing with family conspired to keep me away.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-20-2005, 04:33 PM   #13
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*lurklurklurk* Mwahaha! My cloaking device has been fixed! I shall haunt you all! Mwahahahahah! BTW, very apt observation Serenoli!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:53 PM   #14
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Very nice posts today, Udu, CS, Rian and LMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Thank you for re-appearing, Val. I like your edited post and a new one. There is only one thing that should be added to #488, IMO.

There is now no actual librarian, sitting in the library full-time and helping guests to find books. Normally the library is locked. There are only two sets of keys. One set is given to Mahtaliel, with only keys from the Library floors. No keys to the dungeons, of course, and none to the Observatory.

The other, complete, set the Chancellor himself keeps.

So to let Oreturion into the Library, the Chancellor should lead him there himself, open the doors and show him around. He should inquire what sort of books Oreturion wishes to read. (Oreturion may lie of course, if he wishes). Then the Chancellor would leave him there alone, asking him to send a word to Ilmenzor when he leaves. He will not let him have the keys.

Could you, please, add a couple of sentences to your #488?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:11 PM   #15
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Udu & Crazy Squirrel, I'm really enjoying your Lilly/Udu posts!!! Great stuff. And Rian, Maggie & everyone, nice posts! I put a placeholder next 2 Shah's for Viv's part in the race. We'll be getting to it soon enough, thanx 4 everyone's patience. Val, SO glad to see you back, too! Rian, don't worry, Viv doesn't know Gondolic; your elves secrecy in that department is secure! It's only fair that both sides, as it were, have their own secret method of communicating that the "other side" cannot interpret.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-20-2005, 07:25 PM   #16
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thanx for putting the place-holders, Sane and Lotesse!

Lotesse, I hope you will get your new house soon and a huge Christmas tree in it. And your own computer!
Gordis
Old 11-20-2005, 09:17 PM   #17
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Udu & Crazy Squirrel, I'm really enjoying your Lilly/Udu posts!!! Great stuff.
Lotesse, glad you are enjoying. That Lilly just can't seem to stay out of trouble.
Closed Thread