Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

OK - here's our FB message exchange in full. She didn't speak too strongly on her actual post about walking out - but she pulled out all the stops here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Hey Gen,
Saw your post about walking out on "The Hobbit". Now you've got me all worried!
What was it that made you walk out? Too much on the humor/comic relief side? Too dark? Too far afield of the book? Too faithful to the book? What especially made you want to get up and get out?
Big JRRT fan, and I've been expectantly awaiting this movie for some time - so I'm curious.
Thanks,
Karl

PS: I hope all is well otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her
Hey, Karl!

It was really bad in every way you could imagine. The 48fps and 3D just made everyone dizzy and sick. Because it was in 3D, there are certain rules that you can't break or it'll hurt people's eyes. So, there weren't enough inserts and the shots they held on were boring. The 48fps made the production quality look like crap. It looked like something you could have filmed on your grandma's handycam.

The acting was sub-par. Usually, great editors make good actors look great and they can turn great actors into legends. But with the restrictions that the 3D and 48fps issues caused, I don't think they could do as much as they could. In essence, they couldn't "polish the turd." The 48fps also makes the makeup look like "masks and makeup."

It looked bad; the writing was bad; the production design and lighting suffered from 3D and 48fps; and the acting suffered because of it too. I only stayed for 30 minutes...I want those 30 minutes of my life back.
My apprehensions are increased.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote