Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2002, 05:39 PM   #1
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Location: only after 11pm and in an altered state of conciousness
Starting a new RP

Anyone wishing to join please PM me or sign up here. I will be asking all players to complete a short character profile before starting. This is so everyone can get a better idea of each other's characters. I will also be issuing a list of guidelines designed to make the RP run as smoothly as possible whilst still keeping it fun.

Oh and BTW I have a great fondness for Gaelic names for people and places. Don't let it put you off.
Lady Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 06:36 PM   #2
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Why don't you list your guidelines. Then it might be easier to see if your interpretation of LOTR is appropos for those who might wish to play.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 07:19 PM   #3
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
Why don't you list your guidelines. Then it might be easier to see if your interpretation of LOTR is appropos for those who might wish to play.
Oh it's nothing specific to LOTR, just merely general stuff common to most RPs. I adapted them from the Slipstream RP which is where I've previously done most of my RPing. They are as follows:

You must PM the GM (that would be me) before joining.

Please remember those that have slow connections and keep all OOC information to a minimum. Disagreements (if you must have them) should be kept to PM.

Remember, if the GM thinks you have been unfair in the way you’ve played, if you have inadvertently screwed up the timeline, or the GM sees any other problem that will affect other players or the storyline in an excessive way, the GM will PM you and ask that you edit. If you do receive notice to edit, I ask that you do so promptly.

It is important to communicate with the players that your character is interacting with. Ask other players before adding them to your sub-plots. They may not wish to participate, and it’s only common courtesy.

You cannot kill another player’s character unless it is put to a vote amongst all the players and a majority decision reached. Please consult with the GM before killing off any of the NPCs.

When attacking or performing any other aggressive action against another player, you must allow them time to respond if applicable. In any fight, for example, another character wouldn’t just stand there getting punched and kicked without making some movement. You must allow the other person a chance to defend him/herself if that character would be able to do so were the situation actually occurring.

No NPCs will be allowed without first clearing them with the GM.

It's mostly just common sense really but these things have to be mentioned so everyone knows how things stand and we can have a smoothly run game that's fun to play.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:42 PM   #4
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

What time period would your game take place in?

And what is your postion on magic use in a Tolkien inspired scenario?

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-11-2002, 08:11 PM   #5
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
What time period would your game take place in?

And what is your postion on magic use in a Tolkien inspired scenario?
It's a few years after the War Of the Ring and set somewhere near Rohan in some small, obscure lands that have been taken over by some minor evil on a revenge kick.

As for magic well I'm going to allow it but based on what I know in RL about the occult. In RL, amongst occultists it is theorectically possible to do all manner of interesting and exciting things that are normally read about in Fantasy novels and come under the heading of magic. Trouble is it takes a lifetime or several to get that powerful which is why it's only theoretical. So we'll have it but try to reflect this somehow.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:17 PM   #6
Scarfair
Hobbit

Count me in, Lady Midnight. Have PM'd my particulars.

-Scarfair
Scarfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 08:25 PM   #7
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I would like to sit on the side lines and watch a bit. If you don't mind. I need to gauge the the feel of your game first.

If its something I think I can get into then AND there is room for me no problem.

There is one starting soon (hopefully) in the thread Into the Barrows, in which you might interested in as a PC.

'Dern Helm"