Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit (book)
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2002, 07:54 PM   #41
Caleb
Hobbit

I think hobbits are sexy.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:48 AM   #42
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Gollum

EDIT

I didn't actually say anything here, I think my brother did.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!

Last edited by Eruviel Greenleaf : 09-08-2002 at 06:35 PM.
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 06:04 PM   #43
katya
Elven Maiden

i would like to see the hobbit as a movie but not if it was bad and i dont think it would fit well with lotr. but i wouldnt mind seeing it. although, the fact that it is such a childrens tale, more or less, makes me not want to see a serious live action movie. it would seem less magical to me. although i am curious about how one might turn out.

oh yeah, caleb, go away.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:17 PM   #44
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Although it is more of a childrens tale I would love to have one!
I think it would be interesting seeing it and good seeing Smaug in action!
In the future it would be a good introduction to LotR as the book of The Hobbit was to me.
I wouldn't be as excited as I am about LotR but trust me; I would be screaming with exciment to see it as a film!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 04:23 PM   #45
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I think it could be good!
If they did do one I think it should have have been out before LOTR!! Like the book was!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 05:42 PM   #46
Mistabella
Hobbit

Personally, I think they should have done the Hobbit movie first, but I still think it would be a great idea. I don't get why people think it's so hideously childish--and so what if it is childish? Children love LOTR. Children write LOTR fanfics, do art--what's wrong with a book more geared to them? It isn't condescending. I think a movie would be great if they kept to the spirit of the books. Of course the elves would be less solemn--they weren't born during a war! It would be wonderful to see who would play Bilbo in his middle-ageness and Smaug and the spiders would be awesome to behold. Besides, it could be an apology for the cartoon and that awful theme song. Nobody torture yourself with that--*chokes*--"movie". It would be cool to actually have a good one.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:22 AM   #47
Legolas_is_fit
Elven Warrior

Sam Gamgee its ok...

I think it was a good idea to make the flims but, I think they should stick to the books story line and only add a few minor details in. Oh and in the first one, It was good and all but there was to much dialouge
Gimli:Toss me over to the gate. But just dont tell the elf.
Aragon:Ok I promise

Well it goes along those lines i cant remember the exact words
Legolas_is_fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 08:40 AM   #48
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

yay! they should do a Hobbit movie! *dragons, yay!*
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 09:18 AM   #49
Millane
The Dude

i think it would be great and i think it would make a good story...
i think if it was to be made into a movie PJ would have to do it and they would have to have Ian Mckellen and Ian Holm in it so it would be the same sort of style of movie and they would all run nicley together...
im all for the idea i would just love to see the battle of five armies on the big screen.. i think that the hobbit has many scenes that would be great and have lots of feelings in them that would set the movie far apart from the childrens story many people think it is... Valiant and proud Thorin "TO ME!!! TO ME!!!" and fili and kili dying alongside thorin... also the passage through mirkwood would be done really well by PJ as he did the scene in the Fellowship with the 4 hobbits on the road just before they saw the Nazgul for the first time

basically they should do it but only if they fullfill my 6 requirements...
1. PJ must direct it and Ian Mckellen and Ian Holm must be in it.

2. The battle of five armies must be in it and done well.

3. Troll scene must also be in it.

4. must be lots of partying at the start (i would also like it if they changed it so the dwarves get drunk )

5. must keep in all pipesmoking scenes and beorns house

and

6. Thorins line "TO ME!!! TO ME!!!" must be in it
Old 12-22-2002, 10:30 AM   #50
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
I think a Hobbit movie would be a good idea but I would prefer a Simillarian one!!

It would be interesting seeing how alike all the spiders are to the Shelob!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 06:23 PM   #51
L@ur@y Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Gollum

I think The Hobbit would be a GREAT movie I love the book.
L@ur@y Elven Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 05:47 PM   #52
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Location: In the entmoot army, trying to get rid of black and blue!
Strider

It would be good to see a hobbit movie non-animated!

The fat hobbit hobbit knows!
Legolaslvr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 06:01 PM   #53
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

It would be great if they made a hobbit movie!

Last edited by Lady of Rohan : 01-19-2003 at 06:08 PM.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 06:22 PM   #54
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Location: In the entmoot army, trying to get rid of black and blue!
Strider

yeah it would!

The fat hobbit hobbit knows!
Legolaslvr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 08:06 PM   #55
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Legolas is fit: It wouldn't really be possible to have the movies more true to the book, but with less dialogue. The Lord of the Rings is not about fighting, battles, etc. It has a good deal of dialogue in it; certainly far more than was in the movies. So, having it more accurate to books, but at the same time saying that it has too much dialogue, is, in my opinion, incoherent.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 09:50 PM   #56
goodwarlord
Elven Warrior

Gandalf just to see Bilbo find the ring would be awesome!

When he's insid ethe cave and talking to Gullom, the riddle scene would rock!
goodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 01:24 AM   #57
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Here is something I read today that was quoted by Ian McKellen in regards to a Hobbit adaptation:

Quote:
On his official website, Ian McKellen (http://www.mckellen.com) revealed what could be a possible adaptation of "The Hobbit" should "Lord of the Rings" director Peter Jackson want to do it.

"I recently asked about the film rights to The Hobbit, which seem to be somewhat controlled by Peter Jackson, as far as I can tell. I hope that's the case because obviously he should have first refusal at translating the novel into a movie. I should be intrigued to return to Middle-earth, even though it involved putting on Gandalf's nose, which is even more distinctive than my own, tell your wife. I thought it might be possible to make a really long screen version, probably for television, with every episode of the book covered week by week in a multitude of episodes. Ian Holm -- who was proud to look so young as well as so old as Bilbo in The Fellowship of the Ring -- even he might think the young Bilbo of The Hobbit was unlikely casting for an actor of his age."
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 08:48 PM   #58
Thrain
Enting

I tink that the Hobbit would be a great idea because all of my friends who aren't Tolkien nuts ( I know, I know but some people aren't as obsessed as we are) are always asking me to explain it and I think that if someone did make a Hobbit movie I wouldn't have to explain so much because the Hobbit answers a lot of questions that aren't answered in LOTR.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:05 PM   #59
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Gimli the actor of beorn

I think the actor of beorn should be hagrid from harry potter... they are both giants and he looks like beorn the way i imagined him
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 12:33 AM   #60
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Beorn would definitely be an interesting person to cast for, tough choice on finding someone to be him...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote