Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2004, 04:58 PM   #1
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

Strider Key to the Sky OOC WE NEED CHARACTERS!

What lies beyond the eastern deserts where the Easterlings abide? What secrets can be unlocked there?

The Skystone is but one. One which you can unlock if you have the will and the power to do so.

I invite you to bring the stone back to Rathlas from Middle Earth. I invite you to come and walk among the Valar and the Istari as they once were.

Come and right the wrongs of the Amala Daera and the Fala Naera. The answer lies within you.

Come and open the door to the lands beyond mortal reach and find yourself in Valinor as it once was...

There is a land beyond the deserts of Middle Earth. Once, Onem, the godess of ballence had sent two lesser godesses to aid the people of Rathlas in their battle against Bathsham, better known to you as Mordor.

But they turned against one another. The Fala Naera, Kirsinari, staied true to her pourpose and aided all thoes on the battle front, but the Amala Daera, Areanna, turned upon the better part of all the Rathlin people because her son, Andon Loroin, had fatherd a child of a people who's blood it was forbidden to mix with.

Now the Tribes of the South are pitted against one another. The Kelenas have the aid of Kirsinari, and the Mayas have the aid of Areanna.

The battle with Bathsham is left unattended and Andon has but one chance to bring aid to his people. Yet, when he and his followers are near the stairway into the skies, Areanna's forces slay them and destroy the Skystone.

Now, the stone is scattered across Rathlas. Bathsham is taking Rathlas bit by bit. Andon's daughter, Narinya, is an infant barely protected by the defeated Kelena Tribe.

It is your objective to piece the Skystone back together again before Areanna and Sauron claim Rathlas or Andon will not be able to compleat his transformation into the Istar, Gandalf the Grey in time.

Or, would you rather join with Areanna and Sauron in the fight to claim Rathlas before setting your sights on Middle Earth?

The choice is yours.

Characters so far:

Mine: Kirsinari the Fala Naera.
Appearence: A bit on the short side, but slender, not skinny; long blond hair that is verry wavy and curles at the ends; ivory skin; deep blue eyes
Abilities? Yes. Transform into large grey wolf and lesser goddess powers to heal.
Weapon: usually a dagger or two. sometimes a katana like sword. She's not above hiding small knives and other things in her hair and jewlery. A hair pin could become a throwing star, or a neclace could become a flail, in other words.
Personality: She changes acording to the situation. In Ternata Tehortha she is the perfect courtly young woman, but elswhere she is very silent. She only changes into her wolf form when absolutly nessicary. When she is in her wolf form, any one and anything can become a target if they're not careful. Otherwise, she's usually calm on the outside and very buisy thinking and disecting every one she sees by how they act.
Allience: Kelena Tribe/Onem

Also mine, for the moment: Tavin (Talwren Davion)
Race: concidered a Westlander, but definitly decended from a long lived race
Hair: dark brown, almost black, and hangs just past his shoulders
Eyes: hazel
Appearence: tattered, yet by no means poor, traveling cloths, shifting cloak, black leather boots, and small bag of coins that never seems to run out.
Abilities? Yes. Change into grey timber wolf at any time he chooses.
Companions? Yes. Horse called Aven.
Weapons: Several. Boot knife, knife at hip, long sword at other hip. If he doesn't have thoes and can't chnge for some reason, he's still as deadly with hands and feet, perhaps even more so, depending on how angry or frightened he is.
Allience: Kirsinari, and West Lands.

PippinTook: Evelyn Liratha
Race: Ranareth
Hair: dark, slightly past her shoulders. She doesnt like it too long, but this is perfect. Usually in a pony tail.
Eyes: medium brown[/b]
Appearence:
doesnt like flashy things, she is simple and clean, does not wear dresses, perfers a long coat when she goes out at night, during the day she wears pants and a shirt and soft boots. She is about 5'8, slim but not thin, more muscular but not ripped, if you follow me.
Weapons: lots of little hidden daggers, a long knife at her belt and a short bow.

Gulio: Belaparthalion
Race: Ompatha'in
Occupation Assassin
Appearence: Belaparthalion is very tall, standing just over six feet. He his powerfully built, with broad shoulders and muscles. His skin is very thick, and he doesn't need any armor to protect him. He wears a loose black tunic and trousers. His huge leathery wings are folded like a regal cape when he's not in flight.
Personality: He's very cruel, and enjoys nothing more than Ranareth, whom he considers his greatest enemy. Along with his cruelty is a predatorial cunning, which often allows him to dispose of his targets when he chooses to do so.
Weapons: A vicious, red scimitar with jagged edges.

troll's bane: Zaminzan (to start with at least)
Race: Malthin (Demigod)
Discription: Seldom walks in man-form, but usually sits around as a beautiful tree that eats orcs (delicious) and owns a rather long sword, which is meant to look like half of an elongated leaf (a very long and narrow sword) which matches his tree form leaves. Avoids people, but will fight for oppressed people and food (orcs, of course). In man-form he's sometimes thought to be a shorter Telokin, or more often the son of a larger Telokin.
Companions: Very powerful god disguised as a rat, or sometimes a plant: He always is something small whatever he chooses to look like, but usually is an eagle or other bird when his demigod friend is in tree form, which he perches on the higher branches. (The Malthin called Kebbin, perhaps) Also two faries: one of each type, who are always arguing.

Aewionen: Daeral
Race: Methda'in
Appearence: He cuts an impressive figure, being two inches below six feet. Broad chest, muscled arms, his skin a golden brown, a testament for his love of the outdoors, which he saw more rain than sun.
Personality: He can be secretive at times, but he usually speaks his mind. A loyal companion but also a strong will that usually gets him into trouble. He does what he thinks is right in his eyes and not in the eyes of others. So in this battle, he hasn't really decided yet.

ethuiliel:Calyniel
Race: Kishin
Appearence: tall, skinny, with long golden-blonde hair that reaches her knees when it's not tied up into tight braids wrapped around her head... which it often is because it can easily get in the way. dark green eyes. A kind and plain but pretty face that leads people to trust her without her or them even realizing it.
Personality: Cheerful but quiet. Nothing seems to bother her... though it often does. She doesn't say much, and even when she does speak she rarely reveals her innermost thoughts and feelings.
Weapons: sword, bow&arrow (not that many know she can use them)
Allied with: Kirsinari, but few know she allied with anyone.

So far, we definitly need Areanna and protectors for Narinya; Maya & Kelena warriors; and any others who you can dream up.

If further interested in Rathlas, jsut visit http://www.freewebs.com/narinya to read more. It's still new, so please disregard the fact that it dosen't have all the links up or the stories posted in their compleat form.

Come and visit Rathlas.
It's always being updated!
NEW ON RATHLAS: Links to Stargate Atlantis fanfiction posted.

Last edited by Narinya_Cocachitawa : 09-06-2004 at 09:39 PM. Reason: adding characters
Narinya_Cocachitawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:06 PM   #2
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Gollum

Welcome to the moor, Narinya Cocachitawa. Go introduce yourself in the General Message forum (newbie introduction thread at the very top) before the admins and mods get on your case . They never got on mine, in fact I didn't introduce myself until I'd been here a year, but I don't think they'd started it yet.
This seems to be an interesting RPG, and by the time I finish reading it you should be finished with your PM (if your not already).
Old 07-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #3
trolls' bane

Gollum

I've just read it, and I'm a little confused. It's like Wagner's opera Der Ring Des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelungs), you have to read it again to get it. It does sound undoubtedly interesting and once I figure it out I'll join. The first five sentences (or paragraphs?) are a little misleading to me, especially the first.

EDIT: From my first post, when I said moor, I meant moot.

EDIT#2: I don't like rap either *shudder*.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 07-19-2004 at 05:24 PM.
trolls' bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:02 PM   #4
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

I knew what you meant when you typed moor. I make that kind of mistake when I'm really tired since I do most of my writting at night when Dad can't break what concentration I can get.

What's "Wagner's opera Der Ring Des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelungs)" as you put it?

How are they misleading? I'll fix them so that they work out better if possible.

Come and visit Rathlas.

Last edited by Narinya_Cocachitawa : 07-19-2004 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:21 PM   #5
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: We were supposed to introduce ourselves when we joined? -blinku- Oh well, it's a bit late for that now... ^^

Anywho, this seems rather spiffyful and interesting, and I would like to join, once it gets going (and once I read it a few more times to figger it out ).

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:30 PM   #6
Aewionen
Elf Lord

OOC: Sounds interesting...very much so. I think I get the main plot thing (for once!). I do believe I shall join you! *goes to make a character*
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:23 PM   #7
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Narinya_Cocachitawa
I knew what you meant when you typed moor. I make that kind of mistake when I'm really tired since I do most of my writting at night when Dad can't break what concentration I can get.

What's "Wagner's opera Der Ring Des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelungs)" as you put it?

How are they misleading? I'll fix them so that they work out better if possible.
I just don't know what a Skystone is, and I'm not sure what to think about the first sentence, though it's what got me interested in the rest, and I almost wrote a book about journeying beyond Mordor, but I never got past the many pages of maps (which I'm better at than starting something).

I'll send you a PM explaining the Ring of the Nibelungs, since this is an RPG, and I don't want to start a big discussion about operas.

I still haven't looked at your site.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:23 PM   #8
Gulio, Strength of Many

Gimli

ooc: AHHHHHHHH! WHAT THE CRAP HAPPENED TO THE MOOT?!?!?!?! It's all... AUGH!!!!!!! -mourns the death of the once-spiffy 'Moot- Waaaaaaahhhh! -cries- It's all... blue... and huge... and, and, and AUGH!!!!!!!

In other news, I think I'm beginning to understand this! ^^

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:46 AM   #9
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

Well, this is just the OOC to get things started. If I knew how, I'd put up the map I've got drawn out for Rathlas so that you all could get a better hold on the lay of the land and such.

Right now, I kind of need this RPG to work out so that I can get a better idea of how I should get the early histories to work out. I'll post the Mythology today or tomarrow some time on the web site.

As for the Skystone...

There's a book called the Skystone by someboddy and it's set in Scotland or Ireland or somewhere like that, but I never read it. However, my mother and grandmother both told me a bit about it. It was a time key or something like that.

In this story, though, the stone is an actual stone with inscriptions on it that read:Above the clouds: The Secret. If one knew how to open the secret stair to the Sky, they could enter the land of the gods and plea their case, or they could open another stair. That stair leads to the abyss beyond the hold of the Malthin where other gods await to bring siege to the world and such and so forth.

Some living in Rathlas are related to the gods and have verry mixed up lives. Five of them are sent to pay for their crimes by becomming Istari sent to the West Lands {Middle Earth} to redeem themselves by aiding the battle against Bathsham {Mordor} from the other battle front.

Andon Loroin is one of them. The same Andon who was born of the traitor Areanna and fell in battle after opening the Skystone in the desert of Lelas the first time.

I can't wate to see what takes you all will have on this, and how you'll sway the story into a creation of its own.

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:23 PM   #10
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

Well, any ideas yet? Any one?

I know that this is entmoot, but does it really mean that it has to take several days to get an answer?

Sorry for sounding that way, but I get anxious easy.

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:29 PM   #11
trolls' bane

Gollum

Sorry. I've been caught up in the making of my own discussion boards. I still need to read that site. I'll do it now, before I put it off more.
Don't worry, were not that bad, we're still getting used to vBulletin 3 .
EDIT: Which site (new or old) should we look at? I'll look at both, but it will take me a few days for both.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 08-01-2004 at 04:34 PM.
trolls' bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 04:46 PM   #12
trolls' bane

Gollum

ooc. Wow. I didn't know you were writing books. I have a lot of reading to do . I read the front page, the fanfic front page, and looked at the fanfics. Cool! I'll definetly join (though I'm still in the clouds as to what type of characters we use: men, elves, hobbits, maya...? .
Btw, did you get my PM(s)? I can't remember if I sent you the one about my other boards.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:23 PM   #13
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

Arwen Undomiel

Yeah, I got a cupple of them, but I don't think I got one about the boards (at least I don't remember it).

The home page was accidentally copywrighted when I added some unwanted html in hopes that it would have put Dust In The Wind music on the page, but failed.

Yeah, I'm writting a mixture of stories that will all tie into one another. Some is my own work, other bits are Tolkien fan fic, others for Rowling, and others from telivision shows or dreams I thought might work out.

1-9 are my own stories.

17 & 19 are based off of dreams. (17 about a prehistoric bomb and 19 is kind of tolkienish)

20&21 are Rowling fanfic (more may be added to that grouping later, but 20 is prooving dificult to start off)

The others are Tolkien and/or mixes of his, Rowling's, and my own.

As for what kind of characters to use...

If you want to say elf, man, hobbit, dwarf or so forth, then they would be counted as Westlanders (in other words, from Middle Earth)

Otherwise follow this:

Gods/demi gods are called Malthin
Elves are Kishin
Dwarves are Barthlam
Hobbits are the shorter version of Telokin
Riverfolk are the taller version of the Telokin
Race of Men are known as an of the following: Avin, Methada'in, Verathin, Queastin, or Nevarin acording to their back ground
Faeries come in several types as well known usually as one of the fololowing: Ranareth (mre agreeable) or Ompatha'in (a more troublesome group)

There are some Mixed Races not alloud in Rathlas, namely the union between Telokin and Kishin, but it does happen some times (as in the case of Andon's daughter and all his decendents from there), and hoes people are outlawed. Usually, thoes with Telokin blood find their way to Middle Earth and live there allong the waterways, thus becomming known as Riverfolk.

K? I know it's a long post, but still...

Questions on this or more? I'll be happy to answer them.

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:15 PM   #14
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

I guess it's time to give this thing a boost then. Oh dear.

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:36 AM   #15
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

It sounds interesting. I think I might want to join, but I'm too tired right now to figure out the story enough to think of a character. I'll post one tomorrow.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 07:58 PM   #16
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Dude, I am so in this! *joins up* ahem, I am still confused about the races, it would be nice to know like, where they live, what they are like in general before I make a charactar. I am wavering between a hobbit-like person and someone more traditional like a faerie. Because I've got Pansy in my others. Anywho, rambling. I am exicted about this though, its complicated but looks good.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:38 PM   #17
Narinya_Cocachitawa
Enting

Strider

Wow! It's great to see a cupple more people in here!

Since you're thinking about a hobbit like person or a faery, I'll explain just them to you first. All right?

As for the hobbit like people:
There are two types of Telokin, one that is no different from hobbits, and another that is generally black or red haired, taller, generally slim, with dark eyes. They're mutch more a combination between elves, and Native Americans (Cherokee so no big feathered headdresses or tPs if you please!). Though the two are so different in looks and general culture, they did mix together to form the Telokin race, and none are compleatly of the taller or of the shorter of the two.

The Telokin live in the south-western lands of Rathlas. Thoes who are more like to Hobbits live in a land called Calar, a wide open land with rolling hills like in KY. The taller live in the wodded flatlands to the east of Calar known as Salin Mala, but the city of Linara in Salin Mala has an almost equal population of both parts.

The Ranareth, and the Ompatha'in are the two groupings of faeries in Rathlas. The Ranareth live in the Laurin Marshes of the North-West area, seperated from the main part of Rathlas by the Silillian River and the River Hope. They are a kingdom unto themselves, though they are still concidered part of Rathlas. The Ompatha'in, however, are spread out all over Rathlas. They tend to be what people would call goblins, and any other troubble making fae.

Hope that helps you out!

Come and visit Rathlas.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:12 AM   #18
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

what about Elves?

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:08 PM   #19
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

well, I am so indecicive. I stared at this screen for 5 minutes thinking about which race to choose, but then I had to eat and now I am back. I have chosen, though somewhat uncharactaristic of me, Ranareth.

name: Evelyn Liratha
age; 29
race; Ranareth Faerie
hair; dark, slightly past her shoulders. She doesnt like it too long, but this is perfect. Usually in a pony tail.
eyes; medium brown

appearance; doesnt like flashy things, she is simple and clean, does not wear dresses, perfers a long coat when she goes out at night, during the day she wears pants and a shirt and soft boots. She is about 5'8, slim but not thin, more muscular but not ripped, if you follow me.

personality; friendly but not hyper and crazy. she likes to talk, but not to everyone and anyone. She likes the woods and traveling, she can fight well. She is nice and can be very funny when you get to know her. She has more personality and depth than meets the eye and loves company.

Weapons; lots of little hidden daggers, a long knife at her belt and a short bow.

I'm not sure where she'll be able to fit into the story, I'll edit back later with some more details about where she is and how she contributes.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:31 PM   #20
Gulio, Strength of Many

Hmm... I don't think I'm quite suited for a Fae, though being ebil sounds kinda fun. -ebil grin- Perhaps... -thinks- Ohtay! I have decided!

Name: Belaparthalion

Race: Ompatha'in

Appearance: Belaparthalion is very tall, standing just over six feet. He his powerfully built, with broad shoulders and muscles. His skin is very thick, and he doesn't need any armor to protect him. He wears a loose black tunic and trousers. His huge leathery wings are folded like a regal cape when he's not in flight.

Personality: He's very cruel, and enjoys nothing more than Ranareth, whom he considers his greatest enemy. Along with his cruelty is a predatorial cunning, which often allows him to dispose of his targets when he chooses to do so.

Weapon: A vicious, -red scimitar with jagged edges.

There, that's better. Sorta. Anywho, it's probably all you're gonna get.

Last edited by Gulio, Strength of Many : 08-29-2004 at 12:21 AM.