Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-24-2004, 07:01 PM   #121
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Now there's someone who's clear on who they are," said Nurvingiel, elbowing Galiforn good-naturedly. She went over to the newcomer to welcome the dwarf.
"Hello Lerin, welcome to the Forsaken Inn!" said Nurvingiel cheerily, pausing a moment when she realized her greeting was a total oxy moron. "Feel free to sit by the fire, or order drinks or food! No one else is eating, but we really do serve good food here." She glared at the other patrons. "Make yourself at home and I'll bring you whatever refreshments you need!"
A young boy, one of Mize's sons, appeared next to her elbow, and Nurvingiel was reminded about one small matter.
"At the Forsaken Inn, we like to have guests registered and paid right away," she said slightly uncomfortably. She didn't usually deal with money.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:28 AM   #122
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

'Welcome lerin!' said galiforn, with a smile and a nod to nurvingiel 'my name is galiforn, and i am honoured'
he then picked up his glass, and drained it before ordering another '...and one for lerin here, if you would!' he added
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:29 PM   #123
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"No problem Galiforn," said Nurvingiel, bringing two more of the house ale.

OOC: This is where you come in...
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 11-16-2004, 09:03 AM   #124
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ooc: hellooooooooooooo?
anyooooooneeeeeeeeee theeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee?????

Old 11-16-2004, 12:24 PM   #125
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

ooc: I'm waiting for elfearz to talk to me!
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:54 PM   #126
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
ooc: I'm waiting for elfearz to talk to me!
i'm so sorry!! *is in the middle of exams ..and kinda forgot abt this..*

ic: Mirilya smiled and thanked Anfal for the drink. "What brings you to these parts?" she asked. "Are you all here together?" she added, glancing briefly at the other rangers. She wondered how straight an answer she'd get. Thornie's personal 'quests' aside, she suspected rangers knew their own business best, and preferred to keep it that way.
-elfearz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:01 PM   #127
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

"No. I had no idea that they'd be here," he said. "As for my business. As I said earlier. It isn't the time for such dark tales."
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:08 PM   #128
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurvingiel came out from the back, where Mize had been showing her how to cook the house stew. She was glad to see the newcomer settling in, Lerin was sitting quietly near Galiforn.

OOC: Very quietly...
Quote:
Old 11-22-2004, 08:44 AM   #129
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Galiforn, having had enough small talk, turned to Lerin and said 'So, what brings you this way?'

ooc: zzzzzzzz
Old 11-24-2004, 04:59 PM   #130
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

The small knot of Rangers in the corner had grown quiet after their earlier boisterous displays. They now huddled in close together, speaking in hushed tones, but with occasional animated gestures. After a bit of this, they seemed to come to a resolution and each reclined back in his seat, a few drawing out a pipe and beginning to smoke, a couple others ordering a bit more to eat... or to drink, one or two just sitting in quiet reflection.

Suddenly, the front door burst open and a cold, damp, late autumn wind (it now being late November) blew in past a figure standing still at the opening.

"Dorie!" gasped one of the Rangers who sat more or less facing the doorway. He stood up upon recognition.

'Dorie' stepped inside and closed the door(ie ). He was quite tall, slender of build and had raven black hair. As he drew back his cloak and removed the gloves from his hand and unwrapped the scarf from his neck, he held up a hand, signifying for his fellows to remain seated. He walked on over to the table and in low tones could be heard:

"How are things with father and mother?"
"Mother is not well... perhaps father will soon remove to 'The Dell' - and perhaps by himself. 'Dalfie' thinks it best he go there soon."
"This news is hard, but not unexpected."
"Where have you been? And what have you learned?"

Thereupon, 'Dorie' took a seat at the table, ordered a drink for himself and the Rangers resumed their huddled stances and hushed tones. After several minutes of this, several of the Rangers got up and departed - singly or in pairs. When they were down to four, two got up and headed to the bar to get a room for the four of them to share for the night. These two went on up to the room, leaving their two final compatriots at the table - 'Thornie' and 'Dorie', who spoke in low tones, but seemingly with great tenderness and empathy.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!

Last edited by Valandil : 11-24-2004 at 05:02 PM.
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:12 PM   #131
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: If only I had the appendecies, I'd figure out who this Dorie chap is. I have a good guess at "The Dell" though. Val, sometimes you should write a story about Rangers a la "Letters of Firiel" greatness.

IC:

Nurvingiel brought two of the Rangers a bowl of the house stew and a piece of fresh bread each. She turned her Elven ears towards the serious conversation of the newcomer, but was quickly dissuaded by several loud calls for more beer. She half suspected this was only to keep her from listening in. She came back with a tray full of ales, but couldn't think of an excuse to hang around without looking like she was obviously eavesdropping.
Quote:
Old 12-06-2004, 10:52 AM   #132
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

ooc: tumbleweed blows across thread in western movie-style
bell tolls
dogs howl

anyone here

ic: galiforn leant back in his chair, and promptly fell asleep
Old 12-06-2004, 11:34 AM   #133
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: LOL Spidey! I'm here!!

IC:

The inn seemed quite quiet. The Rangers were only being mildly rambunctious, Galiforn had fallen asleep, and the other patrons were either talking or drinking quietly.
She took this opportunity to gather the multitude of empty mugs and bowls, and do a huge washing up. Poking her head out of the kitchens, she didn't see any new activity, so she asked Mize to teach her how to make some of the other menu items. There weren't too many, so they soon fell to talking about past inn customers and adventures.
"So, I guess it's usually this quiet eh?" said Nurvingiel, testing out a new word she had learned the other day. 'Eh'. She liked it. It was a good way to end a sentence, but not to be overused.

OOC: Vaaaalandilllllll we neeeeeeed you to post for Mize...
Quote:
Old 12-13-2004, 08:12 PM   #134
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Wow, it's really feast or famine in here eh Mize?" said Nurvingiel as she idly dried a bowl. "Mize? Where did you go?" Nurvingiel left the kitchen to look for him. "I could have sword he was standing behind me," she muttered as she went outside. "Have I been talking to myself for the last ten minutes?"

OOC: You can post for Nurvingiel a bit if you want Val. HINT HINT
Quote:
Old 01-26-2005, 06:14 PM   #135
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

suddenly, galiforn exploded in a flash of bright light!

ooc: well that concludes my role in here, and i am free to concentrate on other RPG's
Old 01-26-2005, 06:35 PM   #136
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
suddenly, galiforn exploded in a flash of bright light!

ooc: well that concludes my role in here, and i am free to concentrate on other RPG's
Sorry LCOU... not so.

You see,

You can check out anytime you like...

But you can't ever leave!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 01-26-2005, 07:20 PM   #137
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"What was that!" said Nurvingiel, running out of the kitchen. "I could see something odd, through the door.."

Everyone was staring blankly at the spot where Galiforn once stood.

OOC: We have to use "We haven't had that spirit here since 1969" somewhere in the thread now.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2005, 09:00 PM   #138
Valandil

You'll have to be the one to light up the candle...
and show us the way.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 01-27-2005, 07:24 AM   #139
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurvingiel looked oddly at the Ranger who had just spoken. "Erm... okay, but there's still a fire in here."
Another customer piped up, "Galiforn just disappeard!"
"Yeah, we saw him. Or rather, we didn't."

OOC: When is this set again?
(If someone orders wine, then I'll do the line.)
Quote:
Old 01-27-2005, 07:27 AM   #140
Valandil

When we came here, it was 2904... but now it's 2905 (OC: add 900 years and transmit into 3rd Age).

Hmmm... musta missed a Yule!

Ah well, ... please bring me my wine!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court