Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-15-2004, 11:39 AM   #101
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Anfal)
"... They've been multiplying majorly recently," he hissed.
"Oh... multiplyin'... like BREEDIN'!" said yet another ranger, who had been quiet so far. With a twinkle in his eye, he continued, "That's what WE'RE talkin' about! Or really, NOT breedin' - as young Thornie here feels a might put off by the object of his own affection... and big Halbarin here..." he indicated the largest ranger, who had been the most jovial to this time, but now looked displeased at where this was going, "Why... he just found out that his old buddy Dirhael bagged his favorite sweetie Ivorwen some time back. All good and proper of course!"

The other men broke out in laughter at the expense of the two, who were either trying to stay good-natured or were just hoping the conversation would move on to something else.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 11:46 AM   #102
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

After paying for the ales Anfal went back and sat down again with, Nurvingiel, Galiforn and Mirilya, quietly sipping his ale, thinking about his latest journey, at that thought he felt a need to talk with Thornie.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 11:48 AM   #103
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurvingiel sipped her third ale. "Cheers Anfal, for the drink," she said. She wanted to hear more of Galiforn's tale, but the young rangers were also quite entertaining. "And cheers to all your health Halbarin, Thornie... um, is that your real name? And all you young men. You youngsters really do make me feel like an elf-maid again! And don't take that the wrong way!" she added, glaring at the loudest trouble maker.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 11:56 AM   #104
Valandil

Meanwhile, as he rushed about tending tables, Innham Mize's mind kept returning to a stray thought he'd had. It sure seemed hopeless... but, he finally decided, what was the hurt in tryin'?

The next time he neared Nurvingiel's table, he drew up close to her, looked down and said under his breath, "Pardon me, muh lady, but I'd like to make ye a proposition..."

Nurvingiel's eyebrows shot up in shocked surprise.

"No-no-no... not like that! It's just that, well... ye handled these rangers alright - sorta had a calming effect on 'em, ye might say. They're some of the worst, but then again, maybe not. Anyhow, would you be interested in sort of a job? Tendin' bar, servin' the customers, helpin' out with trouble and all such?"

"If it's money ye'd require, I have too little to part with, but I can offer ye room and board - and will even give you that along with free time, when we're slow - which is most of the time, this current situation bein' an exception, as ye'll understand."

"Uh... ya see - me eldest daughter went an run off with a Bree-man, and left me a might short-handed in that department..."

"So... what'ddya think of me offer?" he asked with a hopeful smile.

OOC: if I have it right, a 'loa' is how Elves mark the passage of time. Each loa equates to 144 of our years. You can find it in Appendix D.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 10-15-2004, 12:27 PM   #105
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
"Pardon me, muh lady, but I'd like to make ye a proposition..."

Nurvingiel's eyebrows shot up in shocked surprise.
Lol Valandil! I really enjoy your posts, I must say.

I always thought it was "yen" (or something) being equivelant to 144 human years, but feeling like 1 year to an elf. (You're probably right though!) I don't have any of the books right now! Anyway, onwards!

IC:

Nurvingiel smiled at the innkeeper. She was really starting to relax in this place, the atmosphere was so refreshing. She was seriously considering the offer. She had experienced many adventures in her life, but she had never worked in a pub. Plus, room and board would let her stay here as long as she liked! It was time for a new adventure.

"I will accept this offer on one condition," she said in a businesslike manner. The innkeeper listened intently. "That your kind offer of room and board extends to my horse as well!" she said, smiling. "I have little money, but my only concern is that my horse is well tended, and I am well fed. Beyond that, I think I'd really enjoy helping you! What is your name sir?" she asked, not remembering if they had been introduced before or not.
"Innham Mize, ye can call me Mize, sir is just too fancy for me," he said. "I could handle boarding yer horse as well," said Mize, "But he'll have to earn his keep."
"Well, if you ever have a letter to deliver or a similar errand, I could do it for you," said Nurvingiel.
"Brilliant! You can start right away. I'm plain run off my feet with all these," he paused, glaring at the Rangers, "Customers."
Nurvingiel marked the look, but said nothing. "I have some small experience in this area," she said, thinking of when she served in the King's hall when she was a very young elf, "But you'll have to show me my duties." She started clearing away the considerable amount of empty glasses around the bar. Mize went back to the kitchen and brought her an apron, a tray, and a cloth.
"The tools of the trade! Now I'm ready," she said, putting on the apron. Then a new thought occured to her. "What sort of trouble did you mean earlier?"

OOC: I took out Thranduil, because maybe Orophe (is that his father's name, I can't remember) was actually King at the time.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 10-16-2004 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:01 PM   #106
Telcontar_Dunedain

Anfal smiled to himself. Then quietly, he shifted over to Thornie and muttered.
"What news of your latest quest."
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 10-15-2004, 01:40 PM   #107
Valandil

The one they called 'Thornie' looked toward Anfal with a faint smile, but one of the other men blurted out, "Ye've pretty much HEARD how it went already!" and there was yet another burst of laughter.

Once that was over, the men quieted down a bit and began discussing whether Thornie's grandpa, Goonie, would be kickin' back to take it easy soon, and how often Thornie's father, Dorie, would then keep them off, away from any remnant of civilization, to their 'hunts' in the Trollfells.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Last edited by Valandil : 10-15-2004 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #108
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

EDIT: Lol Valandil! Poor old "Thornie", will his men never leave him alone?

"You go hunting in Trollfells? Unless you're actually hunting trolls, I don't see why you'd go there!" said Nurvingiel, as she wiped down some of the empty tables (that were conveniently near the conversation).
"By the way I can take orders for you gentlemen and lady now that I work here," she said cheerily. She noticed Mirilya was rather quiet and nursing her wine. "Maybe these rambunctious rangers are a bit daunting to her," she thought.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 10-16-2004 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:10 AM   #109
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

ooc: lol! this is hilarious i'm making notes for exams (argh! pain!)..but i've been visiting between chapters for a much needed dose of entertainment

ic: Mirilya (who admittedly had not seen much of the world) had seen vigilant rangers patrolling the wilderness around Hollin, and brooding rangers tending tankards of ale in common-room corners. Drunken families of rangers tripping over chairs and broadcasting their mating practices were...not so familiar.
What bothered her was the sheer number of them. Oh, she was sure rowdy boys were harmless enough – though she spared a thought and a sympathetic smile for Innham Mize (who, she suspected, would have white streaks in his dark hair before the night was over). Even rangers needed their relaxation. But eight rangers – nine counting Anfal – together in one remote inn? She suspected these men were mixing business and, well, pleasure, she thought with a wry smile that buckled into a laugh as a youngish ranger directed animated gesticulations towards a scarlet serving maid, to the great delight of his compatriots. Well, the men were amusing, she acknowledged as she checked herself.
Thanking Nurvingiel, and ordering drinks for those with empty glasses, Mirilya swallowed the rest of her wine, and made her way over to the bar, where Mize seemed to be taking a moment to recuperate. "Pardon me," she began cautiously and a little apologetically, not sure that she should disturb the innkeeper, who was furiously dabbing at his brow with his apron. "I know you're busy, but are there usually so many of them?" she asked as Mize looked up, glancing indicatively at the rangers. If these lands needed nine rangers to guard them, perhaps they were less safe than she had thought.
-elfearz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:01 AM   #110
Telcontar_Dunedain

Anfal sat back, watching the other Rangers the other Ranger jumping around, laughing. Quietly he pulled and long wooden pipe out of his cloak, lit it and returned to his earlier thoughts.

Old 10-16-2004, 06:06 AM   #111
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I'm just going to borrow Mize for a bit, but I will return him safe and whole, hope that's okay Val.

Nurvingiel was laughing at the Rangers' antics, getting people drinks and wiping down tables.

Mize was busy rolling out another keg (just in case). He stopped and stood up to Mirilya's question, steadying the keg with one hand. "I'd be happy te answer yer question, milady," he said cheerfully. "Normally, we're happy te have even one customer in here. This is a special situation fer sure. I don't know what brought everyone here at once," he added, looking suspiciously at the Rangers.

EDIT: Confusion fixed.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 10-16-2004 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:41 AM   #112
-elfearz-
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
OOC: I assume by "scarlet serving maid", you meant me, because I'm the only serving maid!
well actually i wrote it with some vague recollection of another maid (like..ages ago..on the first page) in mind - i didn't want to be responsible for subjecting your character to possible sexual harassment but it can be you if you want
-elfearz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 06:57 AM   #113
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: You're right, Mize's other children work here too, only his olderst daughter ran away. I took that to mean he had no help, but that's not the case. It's good to read the frist page again. For some reason I said earlier that my character was Middle-aged, but that's not the case! She's equivelant to 24, or about 3500 years old.
Quote:
Old 10-16-2004, 08:07 AM   #114
Valandil

Quote:
OOC:

Lol Valandil! I really enjoy your posts, I must say.

I always thought it was "yen" (or something) being equivelant to 144 human years, but feeling like 1 year to an elf. (You're probably right though!) I don't have any of the books right now! Anyway, onwards!
I just checked... YOU were right on this one - and I think it's one I've mixed up before. 'Yen' was their word for the 144 year periods - and 'loa' was one of the terms they used for what we would call a year.

Glad you're having fun.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 10-16-2004, 08:17 AM   #115
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I was right about something in the Appendicies! Woo! *avoids gloating*
OOC2: Well what are you waiting for man, post! Post! I am not obsessed with this RPG... really. *tries to look convincing*
Quote:
Old 10-17-2004, 12:22 PM   #116
Telcontar_Dunedain

Anfal, seeing Mirilya at the bar looking rather daunted, stood up and walked over to the bar.
"Hello Miss Mirilya. Would you like another round," he asked politly.

Old 10-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #117
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Hearing the ever-important phrase "another round", Nurvingiel approached Mirilya and Anfal.
"Hello, my sharp elven ears heard you speak of the all-important 'another round'," she said, winking at Mirilya. "I'd be happy to get you a couple more drinks, but I'll also point out the kitchen is open if you're hungry," she added.

OOC: How does time work here? Is it just one prolonged night of ale drinking? You guys are going to have a heckuva hangover in the next eternity.
Quote:
Old 10-17-2004, 01:06 PM   #118
Telcontar_Dunedain

OOC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
This is set at 'The Forsaken Inn' in Eriador - a day's travel east of Bree, starting in April of the year 2904 of the Third Age (and time will progress as in 'our' world - +1000 years and in the 3rd Age). To let you know what this means:

Old 10-18-2004, 08:05 AM   #119
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Quote:
OOC: How does time work here? Is it just one prolonged night of ale drinking? You guys are going to have a heckuva hangover in the next eternity.
ooc: we have been drinking for about 6 months haven't we, none stop!!
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:51 PM   #120
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
The door blew open and in stomped a dwarf.

"How is everyone? Did you miss me? Name is Lerin, for those of you who are new, and I'm only half dwarf. I also am half ale, so pint me, please."

People stared for a fraction of a second before going back to their own conversations.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote